Daymellow

Breakup... Days before K-1 Interview. What should I do?

58 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Contact the embassy and inform them you will not show up for the interview and wish to withdraw the visa application. That's the most forward way to do it.

You can of course just ignore the interview, not show up, and let it die on its own too.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

If your US partner broke up with you before the embassy interview, then you can no longer pursue the K1 visa to enter the USA.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

3 hours ago, Daymellow said:

Just need to know if I have to cancel anything.

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

Although not required, it may help others if you contact the consulate to cancel your interview.

When you get ready to stop the process:

You send a notarized letter to your embassy/consulate where the interview is to take place.  Include NOA1 and NOA2 copies if you have them, and include all information you can.

The consular section of the embassy/consulate may send you a letter that says " Under U.S. Immigration law, the approval of an immigrant or fiancee petition is automatcally  revoked upon:

the formal notice of withdrawl filed by the petitioner / beneficary

I would think for sure the US Petitioner would get this letter and you may also.

Good Luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Daymellow said:

Yes I know that. Just need to know if I have to cancel anything.

Yes, I have PTSD ASWELL.

Do do not need to do anything.   The petition will expire on its own. 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, Daymellow said:

What happens when he decides to break up with you right before the whole interview? 😰 Oh lord :(

Sorry that this has happened.  Hopefully it wasn't an impulse decision, especially after all this waiting and everything else. 

Edited by Ed&Midori1031

15 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

If this is me-  I would do nothing fast

The USC could change the mind again and then have to start the process all over again if you wrote and cancelled interview yourself

but i would think long and hard if i really wanted to be with this person

you don't need to come here with no family,  no friends and be left alone some time in the future

its heartbreaking,  i know ,  and so sorry this happened to you

but if this is over one little argument,  give it a few days and see what happens

I agree. We currently aren't talking anymore. In fact the whole argument had to do with K1 process and I think I overwhelmed him a bit.

It is truly heartbreaking because we waited so long. Almost year now, every time there was an update I was so excited. I really love him. I still

pray that things will work out. I am praying everyday. 

This whole process has been really stressful.

I will wait a few days and not do anything yet.

10 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Sorry that this has happened.  Hopefully it wasn't an impulse decision, especially after all this waiting and everything else. 

Thank you.

It was and wasn't. I am just trying to stay positive and praying that it will work out. I do love him very much and I hope that the situation will become better.

🙏

Thank you everyone for the comments. 

I pray and will stay positive that things work out.

🙏

We had a couple of setbacks.

Waited 9 months for NOA2. Then had an error on the name so that needed to be changed.

I had to move back to my home country as well but the NVC sent our petition to the wrong embassy in the country that I was residing in.

Everything has been really stressful.. and I spoke to him about it. It has been overwhelming.

I guess in the end all I can do is wait and see if the love is strong enough to go ahead with everything. 

💞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.