williamprince

Bonafide marriage proof

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Timona said:

Will not happen. And I doubt if he is gonna reply to you because your text is not what he wants to know.

Don't you see he is selectively choosing what to answer? Regardless, I already knew what country we are dealing with based off the language in his first text. I just wanted to give him benefit of doubt.

I've punched a hole at the bottom of this glass. However, I'd like you to fill it with milk.. this is what is happening in this thread. We will be posing credible questions, but OP will be selectively on his reply.

I will keep off this one.

He answered the questions that you asked lol

5 hours ago, williamprince said:

Because I don’t have any documents that have my name and my spouse name and we don’t have each other on our insurance benefits and we don’t have kids together so we were ask to submit third party affidavit letter of bona fide marriage

Plz have anyone in the house experience such and what is your advice

5 hours ago, williamprince said:

We sent in marriage licence etc. and the USCIS still asked for more.  I believe it was our age difference that they had a problem with.  I did get affidavits from others, My cousin who has met my wife and daughters in person, his wife whom introduced us. and I still also wrote a 5 page letter summing up our relationship timeline.  There were issues with the translations we originally sent in also. but we corrected all of that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, naypersonna said:

He answered the questions that you asked lol

It's always better when both spouses are part of our conversations.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

looks like you have some homework to do, 

First read the guide

Then you can search the forum and see plenty of previous threads on evidence and bonafide marriage.

Most people don't live together so they don't have things with both of their names on it.

an affidavit will have 0 value, especially from nigeria.

people can only help you if you want to be helped, there's a lot of very experienced people here, listen and learn.

Your spouse will be the one filing the petition, not you. So she needs to create an account here and ask questions.

You will need a lot of time spent together, and evidence of that: boarding passes, passport stamps, pictures, etc.

Affidavits of friends are very weak evidence; in many countries anyone would be willing to write an affidavit, especially for a small fee.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

It's always better when both spouses are part of our conversations.

Yes of course, especially the USC at the uscis stage .

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

try collect everything you have from your spouse , it can be things like photos of you and her together , whatsapp conversations , even wishing carts you guys have sent to each other 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Blessing augustin said:

try collect everything you have from your spouse , it can be things like photos of you and her together , whatsapp conversations , even wishing carts you guys have sent to each other 

It would help a lot if we knew where, in the process, the OP's case is.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

When the petitioning spouse shows as much interest and engagement in the process (by having an account and asking questions herself etc)  as the intending immigrant, I believe things go smoother and the relationship comes across as more credible to me and I assume to others also.

My $0.02!

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

1 hour ago, African Zealot said:

When the petitioning spouse shows as much interest and engagement in the process (by having an account and asking questions herself etc)  as the intending immigrant, I believe things go smoother and the relationship comes across as more credible to me and I assume to others also.

My $0.02!

Funny how infrequently that happens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank everyone that have provided answer that might help the OP. Let me quickly say that it is not our job to presume this couple's situation or adjudicate their case. Not everyone case is the same, not everyone are tech or internet savvy, even if they are not everyone have time or understand the usefulness of a community like this. For example my wife never used this app to ask questions or resolve her concerns though I asked her to create an account, we eventually started using the same account. So in summary we are here to provide support to each other.

To the OP question, like many previous response, more context is needed to give you answers that will be more useful to you. Like at what stage are you in your petition? I am not familiar with CR1 interview in Nigeria but I am sure like many have said it is difficult place to be interviewed. There are somethings that are good to have but not necessarily a requirement, a CR1 interview, some of these are ITIN for taxes, childrendocuments that have you and your spouse names, joint bank/credit account or joint insurance benefits. This is because you don't live in the US yet. Consular officers understand this, they only start asking for these extra documents when they suspect fraud and they are trying double check/cross their T's and giving you the opportunity to prove them wrong. Again note that you still need to prove bonafide marriage, other thoughtful member here have mentioned some of  these documents or how to find what you need. Lastly, on your question whether or not you need an affidavit, if your application is still pre NVC stage(that is, have not been approved in the US yet), then it is probably useful to add affidavit not just from your family/friends but also from your spouse family and friends, otherwise I personally think it useless at embassy interview stage.

In summary, a bonafide marraige is not difficult to prove because it have all the elements of a bonafide marriage. Marriage is important in Nigeria again the Consular officers understand this too. You will need to show that during your CR1 interview. good luck !

Edited by jealob

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
18 hours ago, williamprince said:

a friend who is an immigration lawyer

A US immigration lawyer?

Affidavits are worthless.  Your friend should know that.  Why we also think lawyers are worthless.

Has the petition been filed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, jealob said:

Thank everyone that have provided answer that might help the OP. Let me quickly say that it is not our job to presume this couple's situation or adjudicate their case. Not everyone case is the same, not everyone are tech or internet savvy, even if they are not everyone have time or understand the usefulness of a community like this. For example my wife never used this app to ask questions or resolve her concerns though I asked her to create an account, we eventually started using the same account. So in summary we are here to provide support to each other.

To the OP question, like many previous response, more context is needed to give you answers that will be more useful to you. Like at what stage are you in your petition? I am not familiar with CR1 interview in Nigeria but I am sure like many have said it is difficult place to be interviewed. There are somethings that are good to have but not necessarily a requirement, a CR1 interview, some of these are ITIN for taxes, childrendocuments that have you and your spouse names, joint bank/credit account or joint insurance benefits. This is because you don't live in the US yet. Consular officers understand this, they only start asking for these extra documents when they suspect fraud and they are trying double check/cross their T's and giving you the opportunity to prove them wrong. Again note that you still need to prove bonafide marriage, other thoughtful member here have mentioned some of  these documents or how to find what you need. Lastly, on your question whether or not you need an affidavit, if your application is still pre NVC stage(that is, have not been approved in the US yet), then it is probably useful to add affidavit not just from your family/friends but also from your spouse family and friends, otherwise I personally think it useless at embassy interview stage.

In summary, a bonafide marraige is not difficult to prove because it have all the elements of a bonafide marriage. Marriage is important in Nigeria again the Consular officers understand this too. You will need to show that during your CR1 interview. good luck !

Embassies do know that when a couple have been married now for 2 income tax seasons that the petitioner should at least claim Married on returns whether MFJ or MFS    and in  our high fraud countries they do look for the couple to start the process of commingling assets as it can be done / just a few things like the IRS transcripts,  the ITIN,  maybe adding to a utility bill,   I did it and it can be timely but but when USCIS or NVC or the embassy wants to see more pts roof ,  the want to see the 2 are really committed to each other.

If USCIS has sent a RFE my letter actually said that sending additional evidence showing the start of commingling of assets is good for the case (last paragraph of the RFE)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP 

if you want help,  do a timeline

and again ,  as i and others said,   at this time all the work is done by the USC so she should be on here (forget youtube and facebook for answers)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.