390 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Filed online yesterday under 5 yr rule. Hoping for biometrics reuse … my account was updated almost immediately so I’m hoping for the NOA1 in the mail soon. Kansas City is my local office 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
13 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Filed online yesterday under 5 yr rule. Hoping for biometrics reuse … my account was updated almost immediately so I’m hoping for the NOA1 in the mail soon. Kansas City is my local office 

Good luck 🤞🏼

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 9:29 PM, KAMN said:

so my case which i file a couple of days ago says "my case is actively being reviewed..." Reading the thread from a few days ago, a couple of other filers have seen the same status....Does that actually mean something in terms of the speed of the process or its just a generic message everybody sees...? 

I have the same situation, would love to know the answer to this myself if anyone knows!

On 3/9/2021 at 12:50 PM, iceman81 said:

can you guys share the documents you will be submitting with the n400 application? thank you

I am seconding this request. 

The instruction for Application for Naturalization states that the two photographs are only required for people who currently do not live in the US. Are you submitting those any way? 

I also d not really see a detailed list of what needs to be submitted with the application. I uploaded my green card and divorce certificate as these were requested, but nothing else was requested automatically. 

Any tips and suggestions will be appreciated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 hours ago, Mariia said:

I have the same situation, would love to know the answer to this myself if anyone knows!

It is most likely generic. Husband's says the same thing. The estimated completion times are also meaningless.

17 hours ago, Christy02 said:

I am seconding this request. 

The instruction for Application for Naturalization states that the two photographs are only required for people who currently do not live in the US. Are you submitting those any way? 

I also d not really see a detailed list of what needs to be submitted with the application. I uploaded my green card and divorce certificate as these were requested, but nothing else was requested automatically. 

Any tips and suggestions will be appreciated. 

Photos only needed if outside the US. When filing online, it lets you know what documents are required for your particular case and has you upload them. 

If you want to upload other documents, there is a section in your account that shows what documents you have uploaded and you can upload more there too. However, if it states nothing is outstanding for you now, then nothing else is needed from you at the moment. They will update your case to ask for anything they need, otherwise will let you know what to bring to the interview once you are scheduled.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

2 hours ago, KayDeeCee said:

It is most likely generic. Husband's says the same thing. The estimated completion times are also meaningless.

Photos only needed if outside the US. When filing online, it lets you know what documents are required for your particular case and has you upload them. 

If you want to upload other documents, there is a section in your account that shows what documents you have uploaded and you can upload more there too. However, if it states nothing is outstanding for you now, then nothing else is needed from you at the moment. They will update your case to ask for anything they need, otherwise will let you know what to bring to the interview once you are scheduled.

It is encouraging to know that I do not have to submit more evidence with the online application, but what concerns me is the notification that I receive that I "should" submit more evidence. I am attaching a screen shot. The system asked me only for two specific documents -- my green card and the divorce certificate - which I uploaded. When I clicked 'Next' (meaning I did not submit anything else), this warning in yellow appeared that I "should" submit more documents, but with nothing specific added. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 11.59.36 AM.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This "alert" ----> you Should Provide Evidence" under additional evidence for the documents you uploaded other than English language! You must upload translation.

Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hmm, have upload any doc in "Additional Evidence", yes than it's okay (I think) and if not than you may upload like,

State Issue ID

SSC

IRS Tax Filing in your case your filing status is so important as your divorced!

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello June Fillers

It's feel so good that many of the users name seems known to me as I have been into different groups since I-130 along with them. Finally to the last stage. My window opened yesterday .will apply today although I-751 is pending and the interview has been scheduled.anybody with the similar situation? is it wise to apply Now although I-751 is waiting for interview? any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Hello June Fillers

It's feel so good that many of the users name seems known to me as I have been into different groups since I-130 along with them. Finally to the last stage. My window opened yesterday .will apply today although I-751 is pending and the interview has been scheduled.anybody with the similar situation? is it wise to apply Now although I-751 is waiting for interview? any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Yes, no problem applying! My I-751 is pending (and nowhere close to the stage you are at, finally received biometrics for next week) and I applied a couple of weeks ago.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally submitted and paid for my N400. Had to wait like 2 months for my home country to send me my complete driver's record. Didn't want to take a chance, since the application is so ambiguous, so I told them everything, and uploaded all paperwork about my traffic tickets. I know you don't have to, but I just wanted to be on the safe side. Anyway, USCIS says it'll take up to 15 months to process the app. Here's to hoping it'll be MUCH quicker! Green card expires in Summer of 2023, so it's cutting it kind of close to have to wait for Fall, 2022 for a decision.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, peachouille said:

Yes, no problem applying! My I-751 is pending (and nowhere close to the stage you are at, finally received biometrics for next week) and I applied a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you very much. I do remember you from I-130 time. Hopefully the long journey comes to an end soon. I did apply today. In midnight. Lol. Got my Noa and Biometrics reuse notice.

Timeline

Neat!

image.png.1fb3205a51f4e06540133b8c40ee8453.png

It said 15 months yesterday. I guess they re-routed my case? It's nice to see a quick response from USCIS that they received the case, at least. :)

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

Timeline

Quick question. Application did not state to include tax transcripts. Should I include them, just in case? Or should I keep them until asked? I was going to give them the past 5 years', but stopped due to wanting to protect my identity from security breaches as much as possible.

Edited by bsd058

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.