390 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2021 at 1:22 PM, sebastianshaw said:

Btw how long did it take for u both @See7 @iceman81 to recieve the approval notice and the green card in hand from online updates

Sorry for the late response. You probably received your 10yr green card by now. Congratulations on your I-751 approval.

March 4, 2021 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
March 2, 2021 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
March 1, 2021 We mailed your new card your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, directly to the address you gave us.
February 26, 2021 We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
February 25, 2021 We ordered your new card.

Edited by iceman81

On 3/10/2021 at 2:29 PM, See7 said:

You can refer below list but it is not just limited to these items - (fact is to provide them with all the documents that shows bonafide marriage) 

1) Cover letter [If I-751 is pending, I would suggest to request approval of both I-751 and N-400 at the same time]

2) Copy of Green card (front and back) [If you have I-751 pending then copy of your conditional GC and I-797 Notice that shows proof of 18 months extension and case number]

3) The inside of the front cover and signature page of spouse current U.S passport or birth certificate.

4) Copy of drivers license (applicant and USC spouse)

5) Copy of applicants passport (front and back along with  pages that has stamps)

6) Copy of Marriage Certificate

7) Copy of Joint taxes for last 3 years or an IRS tax return transcripts for last 3 years.

😎 Joint Bank Accounts statements

9) Proof of Joint membership, if any

10) Lease Agreement, if living in a rental property else Joint House Ownership document copy.

11) Renters Insurance or Home Insurance

12) Joint car loan, if any

13) Car registration showing both names

14) Joint auto Insurance

15) Utility bills

16) Copy of Boarding passes/tickets for last 3 or more years that shows your trips together

17) Copy of Photos together and w/ family members or friends. 

If you are filing online then the size of each file should not exceed 6MB.

Thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
31 minutes ago, iceman81 said:

Sorry for the late response. You probably received your 10yr green card by now. Congratulations on your I-751 approval.

March 4, 2021 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
March 2, 2021 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
March 1, 2021 We mailed your new card your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, directly to the address you gave us.
February 26, 2021 We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
February 25, 2021 We ordered your new card.

Thanks you are correct, i received it exactly 7 days after approval :)

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

On 3/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, Stella&Eli said:

I am one of you that has to file N-400 in June, as few days ago I got an update that my case is being transferred to another office I would probably wait till I get my 10y green card before filing N-400 🤨

IMHO, file for N-400 as soon as you become eligible. There are higher chances that you might get interview notice for both (I-751 + N-400) within couple of months after filing N-400 :)

PS: When you file for N-400 and I-751 is pending it is better to send copy of I-797C receipt notice that acts as a proof that you filed I-751 + callout your pending I-751 along with case# in cover letter, who knows maybe it can fasten the whole process for you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 3/12/2021 at 3:54 AM, See7 said:

Your welcome! It is always good to be proactive 🙂 

Wait time for N-400 w/ I-751 pending is around 9-13 months after N-400 application is filed (stats keep changing). I have seen one case (military spouse) who filed for N-400 in Jan'21 w/ I-751 pending and within 2 weeks N-400 interview was scheduled.

We shall see. I’m thinking on sending my response to uscis at the end of may. (I have to send it before June 7th). Then apply for Citizenship on June 23rd. Hopefully they can merge them! 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

On 3/26/2021 at 7:10 AM, iceman81 said:

does having a traffic violation(ran a red light accidentally) affect my n400 application?

It shouldn't be a problem if you paid the violation and has proof to show during your N-400 interview in case IO asks for it, but I highly suggests to check with an immigration attorney before filing application and get their view as those guys know better than anyone of us!

Edited by See7

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 9:32 PM, tomigaoka said:

For 5 years filing, is it okay if my wife address on ID is different from me? About 5 miles apart shes just using her sons address

for some reason. We filed taxes using our home address.

Not a legal advice....it shouldn't not be a problem if you have other proofs (such as utilities bill, lease agreement / home ownership, car lease / ownership etc) that shows same address.

If she would like to then she can update her address on ID (if it is DMV) online and print out the page as a proof of address change. 

• 3 weeks later...

N-400 Timeline so far. Today my window opened for early filing! I submitted my application N-400, received NOA (2 minutes after submitting) then 5 minutes later received another NOA that they would reuse biometrics and case updated to being actively reviewed. Has anyone else had this experience? 

Edited by kpmartini

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.