Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Canerican

  • Rank
    Platinum Member
  • Birthday 10/09/1985
  • Member # 125109
  • Location Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
    Punta Gorda
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    National Benefits Center
  • Local Office
    Tampa FL
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

8,684 profile views
  1. @jskibo Above is what I was responding to regarding clarification questions. @Lil bear what did you mean when you made the above comment? Did I misinterpret your comment? Please see clarification questions. My vehicle is a Florida title with Florida plates currently.
  2. Thank you for your information. As I stated in my last post, I will call the provincial government to discuss. Things can change and that is okay. Again, thank you for your input.
  3. Respectfully, I was asking if it is legal to have license plates from two different countries. The reason I am asking is because I am finding conflicting information and cannot find anything official. I will call one of the agencies to get a firm answer.
  4. Questions for clarification: So, for Canada, I would have an Ontario license plate that would be registered and have a Ontario drivers license? Then for the US I would have a Florida license plate that would be registered and retain my Florida license? Is this legal?
  5. So this would all depend on how long I am in FL and whether or not I have a Florida address?
  6. Car insurance, plates, etc. everything. Would prefer to not change everything over.
  7. Good morning Visajourney family, I have a question that is not visa related but has to do with going back to Canada. I am intending on going back to Canada to be closer to my children but am also going to be coming to Florida multiple times each year. Is there any way that I can keep all of my insurance, etc in Florida instead of Canada? To clarify, I am a dual Canada/USA citizen. Thank you for your help.
  8. The CBP officer may or may not give her the time to explain. That is the roll of the dice chance you take. Whether you go to a small or large airport has no bearing on the CBP officers day. It could go either way at any airport. As I said above and TBoneTX quoted from my post, she has to prove her strong ties but overcome the history of overstaying. As much as she can prove. Friends and family can say all the right things to help her stay in the USA, if she so desired, so that doesn’t hold a lot of weight. A job she has to go back to or a house deed. Those are things I would suggest and maybe more. Not sure what else can be used but will leave that to other posters.
  9. In my honest opinion, whether or not she has a B2 visa, she will probably get looks no matter where she enters, considering your mother’s history. If my mind serves me correctly, even though she has been granted a B2 visa, it is still up to the customs & border patrol officer whether or not to let her into the country. It is up to your mother to prove that she has enough strong ties in her home country to return after her visit. If she does not or cannot prove this, no bueno. I would highly suggest that she has proof of her return and ties to her home country when traveling to the US. Having a child here in the US is a strong tie to stay beyond her allotted tome combined with the fact she has overstayed in the past.
  10. I have seen in the past, much like this, where Don Lemon sets himself and CNN to look like fools. “That’s an interesting conversation. Thank you. We’ll continue to talk about this.” You know what interests me? Don going into a firefight without ammo. Doesn’t he look silly. 🤪
  11. I lived in Orillia, Ontario and had to take a full day off work in order to go to Toronto, Ontario (2-3 hour bus ride) to get my medical done. I understand your frustration. The US government most likely has certain stipulations as to who can do an immigration medical. They don’t want just anyone doing immigration medical.
  12. So, if your spouse entered the USA through the K-1 process and plans to “move” to Mexico to work while the AOS is pending, this is considered abandoning the AOS as the spouses intent is to work in another country. Veterans, correct me if I am wrong. if your spouse entered the USA with a CR-1 (Conditional Relative) or IR-1 (Immediate Relative) visa then the stamp/visa is the spouses green card till the physical one arrives.
  • Create New...