dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Yousrabel said:

Hi
If anyone's case got expedited right now what were the reasons or situation that were accepted by NVC or US embassy 
Thanks

Emotional & Financial distress. We've been LDR for 10 years & it would cost a solid $5k just to go visit him in Australia for the remainder of the process. Approved with the consulate

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

I'm late sorry you probably already got answer. But Issued means the Embassy has released the passport and it's sent to Visa center for Visa insertion.
Now just keep eyes on your status on the UStraveldocs.com website.

Congratulations by the way.

Thank you, I was wondering because it changed to issue right after my wife interview. Not even 30 minutes later and it said issued. Is the visa center a local center or is it sent to the US?

36 minutes ago, aus2tx said:

Emotional & Financial distress. We've been LDR for 10 years & it would cost a solid $5k just to go visit him in Australia for the remainder of the process. Approved with the consulate

Hello, I have sent an expedite request today for the same reason as well. Can you please tell me how long does it take for the NVC to response? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 8/3/2020 at 10:22 PM, 攀弥旺 said:

Here are some notes from our interview earlier today, She arrived at the embassy; did the standard procedures at the embassy. She arrived at the reception and the receptionist asked for her passport to file, then she went and got her number card (Number 007), and to be ready with her documents. She got called up three times to hand in documents, take finger prints and to take her interview. Total time at the embassy was ~1:30. After she was finished, she received an letter containing below, I'm entirely sure if our visa is ineligible due to the recent public charge ruling or just because of the pandemic. Her passport was not given back to her after the interview, it is giving me some hopefully it gets approved soon but I'm not holding my breath on it.

The questions she was asked:
1. Husband's name

2. How we met

3. How do we see each other

4. How did i think when she sees me

5. Last time we met, where and when

6. Origin's of my last name

1596505298423_1_1.jpg

But why under the public charge. Did you meet the income requirements? 

1 hour ago, Yousrabel said:

Hi
If anyone's case got expedited right now what were the reasons or situation that were accepted by NVC or US embassy 
Thanks

Mine was because my son is a us citizen living abroad with his mother and because of his strong attachment and dependency on her it will cause undue psychological distress for my son to travel without his mother. Therefore, my wife needs the interview to be expedited and her ir1 Visa to be approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, aus2tx said:

Can you tell us a bit more detail? Ive heard length of LDR doesnt matter. 

Loss of job? Income levels? 

Can you ask to have USCIS expedite? Or a waste of time? 

I had an interview on august 4th in Kazakhstan, Almaty where I got refused under section 221g, because the consulate asked for tax information 2019, but my wife won't have it until October.

Edited by Mi0&Li0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We were just given an interview for 8/18 in Frankfurt after DQing a couple of weeks ago. I did receive an “expedite approved”  email a few days ago from NVC, but I didn’t actually request that. Oddly enough, COVID seems to have accelerated the whole process for us to an unbelievable degree, so I had to ask for a later interview date since we can’t move until March 2021. In any case, it would seem there’s good reason to think things are really getting moving. 

Edited by 11theresa

2 minutes ago, aus2tx said:

2 weeks from NVC, about 2 weeks for each stage after for us

Yeah but it doesn't hurt to try? You can try to request expedite at USCIS stage but just know it may be denied. Requesting an expedite doesn't hurt your case so why not try?

that's literally it though, I just wrote two heartfelt paragraphs about the "potential unknowns" since we were already approved at NVC anyways

//

Also, we got our interview date!! August 18 bbys! B)

Thank you and congratulations 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, v2talk said:

Global Health Advisory Level 4 "Do not travel" has been lifted. This might mean that we are all one step closer to reopening embassies.

Twitter - Travel State Dept

Not Mexico. Fml

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Timeline
12 hours ago, hscoots said:

Ya they are only handling cancelled interviews right now, hopefully they will open up fully soon. No harm in trying, which is why I did it as well, but highly unlikely they will approve unless you've some valid medical emergency with proofs. KTM embassy is tough to get a expedite through.

When was your DQ?

6 hours ago, v2talk said:

Global Health Advisory Level 4 "Do not travel" has been lifted. This might mean that we are all one step closer to reopening embassies.

Twitter - Travel State Dept

This morning Colombia was Level 2, and tonight they changed it to level 4 again. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.