dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

People who did interviews lately what all did you bring with you?? As i understood i need originals of civil docs same as for nvc , ds 260 printed , passport, photos and interview letter printed is that all?

Hello everyone! I have my interview next week August 12 and I was wondering if the embassy will send me an email with what documents to bring or not? I didn't got anything since the NVC emailed me with the interview appointment, I am a bit confused on how should I register for the courier service too. I plan on bringing originals+ copies, should they be coloured or black/white works too? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mi0&Li0 said:

I had an interview on august 4th in Kazakhstan, Almaty where I got refused under section 221g, because the consulate asked for tax information 2019, but my wife won't have it until October.

Hmm... looks like your wife filed for extension... did they ask you to resend the paperwork by email, once available?  

Timeline
15 hours ago, v2talk said:

Global Health Advisory Level 4 "Do not travel" has been lifted. This might mean that we are all one step closer to reopening embassies.

Twitter - Travel State Dept

See individual travel advisories here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/

19 minutes ago, v2talk said:

Hmm... looks like your wife filed for extension... did they ask you to resend the paperwork by email, once available?  

Yes, once we get it we need to send to the consulate, they kept my passport, 

No document no visa, this is the way they reply to each our sent emails

43 minutes ago, ElenaAnthony said:

Hello everyone! I have my interview next week August 12 and I was wondering if the embassy will send me an email with what documents to bring or not? I didn't got anything since the NVC emailed me with the interview appointment, I am a bit confused on how should I register for the courier service too. I plan on bringing originals+ copies, should they be coloured or black/white works too? 

They should send you a pdf file or some sort of email which has everything you must present at the interview. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mi0&Li0 said:

Yes, once we get it we need to send to the consulate, they kept my passport, 

No document no visa, this is the way they reply to each our sent emails

I see. Have patience. One last step and you have a visa. Depending on her tax situation, your wife may be able to file taxes now and make an amendment later. The IRS (US tax agency) will need about 10 days for the tax account transcript to be generated. The good thing is that they don't need the original tax transcript, this removes about a week or two. She can download it from the IRS website. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, stech786 said:

from what I know they don’t accept anything in person? I submitted my docs to CEAC in Nov 2019, so 2019 were not ready. Got DQ in Jan. 

I also filed for Extension in July, do I need to bring extension copy too? 

when did you upload your docs to CEAC? The other user uploaded in Feb 2020, so my guess was that maybe they why they asked. But my was in 2019 

We submitted docs to CEAC in Oct 2019 so 2018 tax return was uploaded then. I got DQ in Mar this year. Got visa interview on 7/15. Our lawyer suggested bringing the most updated tax document to the interview. We didn't upload the tax extension. I only brought a copy of his extension filing and a copy of cheque payable to IRS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, NellyIsaac said:

People who did interviews lately what all did you bring with you?? As i understood i need originals of civil docs same as for nvc , ds 260 printed , passport, photos and interview letter printed is that all?

Click the link below and find the city you'll have interview in. You can then read the pre-interview checklist and know what documents to bring to interview. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

21 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Woah really? Were you expedited? :o

Hello. No, not expediated. Regular processing. DQ'd 10th April

Edited by Samantha & Rad

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
7 minutes ago, v2talk said:

Update on Public Charge

Last Updated: August 7, 2020

On Wednesday, July 29, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York enjoined the Department of State from “enforcing, applying, implementing, or treating as effective” the Department’s October 2019 interim final rule and accompanying Foreign Affairs Manual guidance related to the public charge ground of visa ineligibility.  The Department is complying with the court’s order and is in the process of updating its guidance to consular officers on how to proceed under the preliminary injunction. In the interim, visa applications that appear to be ineligible under INA 212(a)(4) will be refused for administrative processing to allow for consultation with the Department, including legal review to ensure compliance with applicable court orders.  Visa applicants are not requested to take any additional steps at this time and should attend their visa interviews as scheduled.  Applicants are not required to complete nor should they present the DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-public-charge.html

OMG I've been looking for this for days. Thank you so much for posting this. 

5 hours ago, mave said:

We submitted docs to CEAC in Oct 2019 so 2018 tax return was uploaded then. I got DQ in Mar this year. Got visa interview on 7/15. Our lawyer suggested bringing the most updated tax document to the interview. We didn't upload the tax extension. I only brought a copy of his extension filing and a copy of cheque payable to IRS.

did they ask for 2019 taxes?

2 hours ago, v2talk said:

Update on Public Charge

On Wednesday, July 29, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York enjoined the Department of State from “enforcing, applying, implementing, or treating as effective” the Department’s October 2019 interim final rule and accompanying Foreign Affairs Manual guidance related to the public charge ground of visa ineligibility.  The Department is complying with the court’s order and is in the process of updating its guidance to consular officers on how to proceed under the preliminary injunction. In the interim, visa applications that appear to be ineligible under INA 212(a)(4) will be refused for administrative processing to allow for consultation with the Department, including legal review to ensure compliance with applicable court orders.  Visa applicants are not requested to take any additional steps at this time and should attend their visa interviews as scheduled.  Applicants are not required to complete nor should they present the DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-public-charge.html

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

2 hours ago, v2talk said:

Update on Public Charge

I suggest to all of you, who are about to attend your interview appointment PRINT THIS and put it in the folder 📂 with your other documents.  just in case.  You never know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.