dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/20/2020 at 7:04 PM, Hilde said:

Got this msg earlier from the Rio consulate in Brazil - doesn't seem like they're scheduling ANY interviews right now...

Seal with white background

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Brasilia, Brazil (June 19, 2020)

Event: Health Alert

The U.S. Embassy and Consulates General in Brazil continue to offer only emergency services for U.S. citizens in Brazil. Routine services not related to safety, such as passport renewals without imminent travel and notarial services, are not considered emergencies and will not be scheduled at this time. We will resume operations in phases as global conditions evolve. Monitor our social media and website for information about when services resume.

Mexican consulate is also in dire straights... seems their covid cases are just going up and up in Juarez .. I hope they open before the end of the year :( :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/21/2020 at 6:07 AM, MlgSea said:

Did you not submit one to the NVC along with your other documents (before you got documentarily qualified)?

We downloaded ours online from the IRS and submitted those (and will print them out to take to the interview when the time comes).

Some have to bring their most current tax returns; like Mexico for instance where interview wait times are a year+. Tax returns submitted to NVC to close a case are no longer valid at these interviews. 

17 minutes ago, Clarebear101 said:

Some have to bring their most current tax returns; like Mexico for instance where interview wait times are a year+. Tax returns submitted to NVC to close a case are no longer valid at these interviews. 

I see. Well, in any case, they should be able to obtain their most current tax return transcripts by downloading them from the IRS website. 

3 hours ago, Lana & Nela said:

Congrats!! 🎉🎊🍾 

We are so happy too 💃 😊 Also the interview schedule for July 17 at the US embassy in Serbia 🇷🇸 finally!!!!! Oooooooo yeaaah!! 😍 

Good luck!!! 🍀 

It’s so strange because I just checked Serbia’s website and they said routine visa services are still suspended. I wonder why they don’t update their page? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Wonderful Folks,

I finally received wonderful news that my interview is scheduled for 2nd week of July, here in US embassy Singapore.  "Congrats to everyone thats been receiving the interview dates recently" 

I have couple questions that need all your help and guidance;

1 - After receiving the NVC email on the scheduled interview date. I register my account on "https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/scheduleappointment" and try to pay for the courier services but i'm getting "There are currently no appointments available." Any idea how to move forward and schedule medical appointment ? 

2 - When I filled the paperwork for the IR1 visa, I used my passport that i have at that point. Since then i renewed my passport due to exhaustion of pages. Is this is going to be problem with the site registration and embassy? 

Thank you all your help and good luck. 

8 hours ago, SerbUS said:

We are so happy. Interview scheduled at the Belgrade embassy in Serbia on July 21!

Your interview was scheduled before and was cancelled due to coronavirus or you were just  DQ all this time?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Catherine_2030 said:

Your interview was scheduled before and was cancelled due to coronavirus or you were just  DQ all this time?

We were DQed May 11, after upload on Feb 20. Things are just moving like normal, I would say...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
6 hours ago, NYCBLR85 said:

Hello Wonderful Folks,

I finally received wonderful news that my interview is scheduled for 2nd week of July, here in US embassy Singapore.  "Congrats to everyone thats been receiving the interview dates recently" 

1 - After receiving the NVC email on the scheduled interview date. I register my account on "https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/scheduleappointment" and try to pay for the courier services but i'm getting "There are currently no appointments available." Any idea how to move forward and schedule medical appointment ? 

2 - When I filled the paperwork for the IR1 visa, I used my passport that i have at that point. Since then i renewed my passport due to exhaustion of pages. Is this is going to be problem with the site registration and embassy? 

We have had the same problem with the courier registration. Im going to wait until tomorrow to try again. Maybe things need to update in the computer system...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, NYCBLR85 said:

Hello Wonderful Folks,

If you already have an interview date scheduled then you would only select the courier service in CGI. the last page it takes you to is for scheduling an interview date I believe. So just find out where you need to go for medical and schedule you medical appointment directly with that office. Some places you can schedule your appointment online, but CGI is for scheduling interviews and for selecting courier service. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

What proof of unemployment/financial hardship do I need to submit when expediting case? 

We didn't submit any proof with our request, just a detailed email sent to NVCExpedite@state.gov, explaining our situation and they approved it. we sent our request on June 6th and got an approval on the 18th. If you have anything to show as proof such as unemployment benefits, loss of job/termination letter, tax statement or something to support your request you can attach that with your email, otherwise they will request anything they need from you before reviewing/approving the request. Hope this helps, good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hi y'all!

got our DQ on june 18th! just waiting for interview date now. Seeing as brazil is doing poorly with controlling the virus, hopefully inteview doesnt take too long 🙏

22 hours ago, TamMhmd said:

Here is the latest from Abu Dhabi: they are catching up on previously scheduled immigrant visas.

image.thumb.png.ebda01fed1dc14d81a8b274eec07b419.png

Ah thanks for sharing! It is good news though Im a little disappointed they mention that its currently for cancelled appointments only. Although it does make sense that they will go through them first. Not too many hopefully :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.