Sarge2155

Green Card, No Interview....Could This Be An Error!!!!

182 posts in this topic

@Loren Y

Very good point, thank you!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

theres a lot of talk about interview waivers on this forum (link below) , a few people reporting they were approved without interview over the past few days, it must be in response to the coronavirus.

https://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/2068519489/aos-interview-waiver-tracker/page/8

granted most on this particular forum are EB2 but its early days and maybe theyre doing it for all AOS now

Edited by skjourney

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
26 minutes ago, skjourney said:

it does state on that page " Likewise, if USCIS determines that an interview of an applicant in any other category not listed above (which would cover AOS through marriage) is unnecessary, then USCIS may waive the interview"

it seems they left that in as a get out clause as and when is needed.

I don't think that this will happen to the majority of us. My guess would be that they use it now to get rid of old cases like September/ Oktober and before at the big offices like Dallas/ Seattle/ New York... so that they don't get burried under files even more.

And as much as I wish for I don't think that I'll see it for my LFO where waiting times have been only about five months during the last year 

Just now, Letspaintcookies said:

I don't think that this will happen to the majority of us. My guess would be that they use it now to get rid of old cases like September/ Oktober and before at the big offices like Dallas/ Seattle/ New York... so that they don't get burried under files even more.

And as much as I wish for I don't think that I'll see it for my LFO where waiting times have been only about five months during the last year 

maybe not all of us, they havent made an official announcement about whats actually going on with this so its hard to predict who will or will not be chosen.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, skjourney said:

theres a lot of talk about interview waivers on this forum (link below) , a few people reporting they were approved without interview over the past few days, it must be in response to the coronavirus.

https://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/2068519489/aos-interview-waiver-tracker/page/8

granted most on this particular forum are EB2 but its early days and maybe theyre doing it for all AOS now

I kinda wouldn't have expected that with so many people losing their jobs right now. Thought we would see more 'hire Americans first' slogans

Timeline
1 minute ago, skjourney said:

maybe not all of us, they havent made an official announcement about whats actually going on with this so its hard to predict who will or will not be chosen.

Of course. USCIS will never let us down when it comes to guessing their actions 😂

Hopefully this means USCIS will start approving cases where an interview is not absolutely necessary. I don't expect them to start approving N400s w/o interviews, but other ones. 

42 minutes ago, skjourney said:

it does state on that page " Likewise, if USCIS determines that an interview of an applicant in any other category not listed above (which would cover AOS through marriage) is unnecessary, then USCIS may waive the interview"

it seems they left that in as a get out clause as and when is needed.

Correct, hence the bolded use of "general" in my original comment. :)  They can make exceptions and changes as necessary, but those are the general rules.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 minute ago, Zach2015 said:

Congrats! Maybe that was your free pass I commented about months ago on the September board. I knew you would get a skip the line, eventually. 

Yes I remember you saying that! Man..what a rush I'm still jittery!!!!😲😲😲

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations @Sarge2155 !!! :dance:

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, geowrian said:

AOS from K-1 used to regularly not have an interview. Well, it was mixed...some people got it and some did not. That general interview waiver availability was removed in around 2018 IIRC.

It sounds like they may (don't get too excited..wait for the card!) have made an exception either in your case or maybe a new policy that's not posted yet. Either way, best wishes that it's right and congrats if so!

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-a-chapter-5

I remember at the time my wife was going through AOS, interview waivers were still being used,  but for some reason those with waivers were waiting 12 or more months for their GC and those having interviews were getting them in 5-6 months.  There were folks asking the question of how they could get switched to an interview.  I could certainly see USCIS going back to waivers at least for K1 AOS and then get them at the ROC to help cases from piling up to badly.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I remember at the time my wife was going through AOS, interview waivers were still being used,  but for some reason those with waivers were waiting 12 or more months for their GC and those having interviews were getting them in 5-6 months.  There were folks asking the question of how they could get switched to an interview.  I could certainly see USCIS going back to waivers at least for K1 AOS and then get them at the ROC to help cases from piling up to badly.

Wow a 12 month wait wheee, yeah I would rather an interview too.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes I remember you saying that! Man..what a rush I'm still jittery!!!!😲😲😲

Wow this is great news! Did you have an unusually strong case or was there anything about your application that might have warranted especially favorable treatment?   Please do keep us posted.

@Sarge2155 Fingers crossed this is not an error my friend!!! ♥️

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.