Sarge2155

Green Card, No Interview....Could This Be An Error!!!!

182 posts in this topic

Incredible news - I hope it's not an error, that would hurt so much! Congratulations and fingers crossed it arrives and is all correct!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Well I was not going to post this as it could be a HUGE error, but I decided to post anyway as it serves to give other VJers information and also something to perhaps look out for if you are in the same boat as us. I'm a September 2019 AOS filer my AOS interview was scheduled for April 17th and due to the virus situation it was cancelled as I expected. My status changed back to case ready for interview on April 1st. Enter today April 3rd I get a text from USCIS get this..... that a new card is being produced for the I-485 form (GC)!!!!!!!!

No interview no advance warning no nothing. I immediately logged on to my account at USCIS and low and behold  the status is New Card Is Being Produced!!!!! Can you believe that? USCIS has been known to error before, so I really can only hold my breath until the card arrives in the mail. I'm sure this will happened to other folks here on VJ if in fact this was not an error. So we all can be on the look out for other people getting their GC without going on a interview. I know no interview was a common thing several years ago, but USCIS changed that to where everyone interviewed. The only thing I can think of other than being an error is USCIS decided that all the cancellations of interviews was going to set them way behind so they decided to clean out a few cases and approve without an interview.

For your information we submitted the standard AOS packet (pre February 24th). In addition to the supporting documents for the I-485, I-864, I-765 and the I-131 we did not send any other documents or evidence (besides the marriage license). I have no explanation other than what I have laid out here. I'll for sure post here once the card reaches us! What a Friday!!!!!!!!! And it's early still!!!!!

Super happy and excited for you !!! Been a long time coming!!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That’s really a good news. Hoping its not an error. Supposed to be i will have interview on april 9th but it got cancelled..

Hopefully we gonna all recieve some good news this month..

1 hour ago, Yeap said:

This is what have been thinking about that is likely they wave our interview but definitely we are going to have one during the ROC. It will be a good decision to cover up wasted time for this Covid19 and speed up for others who are not yet to be schedule. I think this will be applied to those people whose interview got canceled due to Covid19. 

Yeah sounds feasible. I'm  just waiting on someone else here on VJ to get their interview waved, only then can I rest a bit easier. I'm  hoping someone else gets waved today and post it!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah the changed it 3 years ago to where EVERYBODY was getting an interview for AOS but that caused cases to spike. So USCIS changed it to where you can be approved for AOS without a interview but you will receive one for ROC. 

I can definitely see more approvals without an interview due to Corona. 

Well I hope they bring them on otherwise I'm dreaming lol!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

33 minutes ago, dekk123 said:

WOW, I can only imagine how happy and frightened you must be right now! Please keep us posted :)

You don't know the half of it!

Citizenship Complete!

15 minutes ago, AGF said:

Super happy and excited for you !!! Been a long time coming!!! 

Yes it's  been a haul, but I'm not out of the woods yet!

Citizenship Complete!

16 minutes ago, jhaniz0101 said:

That’s really a good news. Hoping its not an error. Supposed to be i will have interview on april 9th but it got cancelled..

Hopefully we gonna all recieve some good news this month..

Yes hopefully, be sure to post if they waive your interview!

Citizenship Complete!

You can be certain when you receive the message stating the card was mailed, including the tracking number. 

That tends to happen in 5-7 days after the message you already received.

6 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You can be certain when you receive the message stating the card was mailed, including the tracking number. 

That tends to happen in 5-7 days after the message you already received.

Thank you I'll be waiting with baited breath!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

3 hours ago, geowrian said:

AOS from K-1 used to regularly not have an interview. Well, it was mixed...some people got it and some did not. That general interview waiver availability was removed in around 2018 IIRC.

It sounds like they may (don't get too excited..wait for the card!) have made an exception either in your case or maybe a new policy that's not posted yet. Either way, best wishes that it's right and congrats if so!

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-a-chapter-5

it does state on that page " Likewise, if USCIS determines that an interview of an applicant in any other category not listed above (which would cover AOS through marriage) is unnecessary, then USCIS may waive the interview"

it seems they left that in as a get out clause as and when is needed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just back in early February the 5th to be exact we did our interview just before the whole virus thing began. 2 hours after we left the office I got notice card was being produced, next day I got the message your I485 was approved, then actual card showed up exactly a week after card being produced message. You should get tracking information when it actual ships as another text update. We interviewed on a Tuesday and I received the tracking number on Friday in a text message, and the tracking showed up in the system on Saturday, and sure enough card showed on Tuesday like USPS said it would. So, if you get the tracking number sent to you, you definitely can really start to party.

The way I prepped for the AOS interview in one way I am glad to get it over with and more than likely not have to repeat that again. Hopefully everything is good, and this is a good way for them to get ahead now and clear a backlog, but I see it as a " Kick the Can down the road" type solution. Lets say they decide in the next month to just approve everyone that had an interview.... Nice now ( Bottles popping)... but in about two years when ROC hits the backup will hit in full force and everyone is right back in the same boat. But most people don't think that far ahead, I mean it could be they completely shut the borders and cancel all immigrant visas for a while. That would allow them to catch up drastically and then 2 years from now you would get your interview almost same day, no wait. As much as I like to think this is a good thing, and I hope it works out for the OP. No matter what you get to start the clock on Citizenship now, and that alone is worth it's weight in gold. I just sense the way they have been throwing stopgap measures around, and bending rules I would never see bent, I mean they completely have broken some rules that I think will cause more harm then good. If I am still living in this country 2-3 years from now, it is going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.