Sarge2155

Green Card, No Interview....Could This Be An Error!!!!

182 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Just now, Sarge2155 said:

Oh wow USCIS is going full steam ahead. This is how  I think it will play out. The  closure is going to get extended again another 30 days. USCIS as of now are approving cancelled interviews. Once the extension hits again they are going to start waving everyone that is READY to schedule the interview. I think they have too or risk getting so bogged down it'll take years to straighten it out. Just my theory!!!

I like the way you think and hope that you are accurate.

9 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

I like the way you think and hope that you are accurate.

Look at it, do you think they are going to be ready to reopen first week in May the way things are going now? I don't think so it does not take a scientist to figure that out!!!! And if they should try to force it and open offices its going to be slow going with a few people at a time being interview. Let's face it we are shelled shocked and it's going to take quite awhile to return to some semblance of normalcy. Again just my take on it! Before it's over we are going to see boo coo waivers of the AOS interviews. Remember Sarge told you first LOL 😀

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Look at it, do you think they are going to be ready to reopen first week in May the way things are going now? I don't think so it does not take a scientist to figure that out!!!! And if they should try to force it and open offices its going to be slow going with a few people at a time being interview. Let's face it we are shelled shocked and it's going to take quite awhile to return to some semblance of normalcy. Again just my take on it! Before it's over we are going to see boo coo waivers of the AOS interviews. Remember Sarge told you first LOL 😀

That’s my concern too, the country is only now approaching the peak of the crisis. My interview has been rescheduled and I have no idea when yet. I would guess the 1st or 2nd week USCIS opens back up.

And I haven’t seen anybody else being rescheduled... It’s either approved (interview waived) or “interview cancelled/ready to schedule”.

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Sarge... I fully agree with your logic and have had similar thoughts myself. But, each step of the process so far has had delays I failed to anticipate/predict. (An RFE, a 221g,....)  You had your own share of delays that were much longer than mine.

Looking at the statistics (https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?cfl=) for the Dallas office (named in your timeline) the AOS has been taking an average of 309 days for the interview. (I think another member mentioned Sacramento - 265 days to interview).  The office I am waiting for (Charleston) has an average of 143 days to the interview. That is a substantial difference. I agree with your logic that they are doing this to keep from falling too far behind. But, if the office is less far behind (compared to other offices)... I wonder how that will affect this???

I will continue to hope (after all, it is my state's motto... Dum spiro spero... "While I breathe, I hope"). But I will remain skeptical until I see it with my own eyes. 

6 minutes ago, stephbd said:

That’s my concern too, the country is only now approaching the peak of the crisis. My interview has been rescheduled and I have no idea when yet. I would guess the 1st or 2nd week USCIS opens back up.

And I haven’t seen anybody else being rescheduled... It’s either approved (interview waived) or “interview cancelled/ready to schedule”.

I'm thinking that once your interview has been cancelled it makes you a candidate for the waiver, regardless if your status goes back to ready to schedule just as long as your interview was cancelled!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

@JoeMc I believe this new guidance has been put out to all local offices about waiving who they  can, so I don't think it matters much how fast each office is as they still risk getting backlogged if this thing goes on for a few more months. I submit if your interview has been cancelled you stand a good chance to glean the wavier. Also we don't know what the other criteria is. So far we can take a SWAG that as of now you must have had your interview cancelled!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

@Sarge2155

Can you give some info about your i-485 application, did you supply medical and if so was it through a foreign medical or did you get a i-693 done in the US ? Also did you front load your application with any bona fides like photos or bank statements etc ?

Cheers !

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

@JoeMc I believe this new guidance has been put out to all local offices about waiving who they  can, so I don't think it matters much how fast each office is as they still risk getting backlogged if this thing goes on for a few more months. I submit if your interview has been cancelled you stand a good chance to glean the wavier. Also we don't know what the other criteria is. So far we can take a SWAG that as of now you must have had your interview cancelled!

You are correct. Our interview was scheduled for April 16th. It was cancelled and our current status is back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview".

18 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

Looking at the statistics (https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?cfl=) for the Dallas office (named in your timeline) the AOS has been taking an average of 309 days for the interview. (I think another member mentioned Sacramento - 265 days to interview).  The office I am waiting for (Charleston) has an average of 143 days to the interview. That is a substantial difference. I agree with your logic that they are doing this to keep from falling too far behind. But, if the office is less far behind (compared to other offices)... I wonder how that will affect this???

I will continue to hope (after all, it is my state's motto... Dum spiro spero... "While I breathe, I hope"). But I will remain skeptical until I see it with my own eyes. 

I believe you have a point there.... My field office is Norfolk (VA). I don’t see a lot of cases from there on forums, might be the reason why I already got rescheduled.

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

1 minute ago, JoeMc said:

You are correct. Our interview was scheduled for April 16th. It was cancelled and our current status is back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview".

So you are in the running for the money! We just have to wait on USCIS as usual!

Citizenship Complete!

15 minutes ago, skjourney said:

@Sarge2155

Can you give some info about your i-485 application, did you supply medical and if so was it through a foreign medical or did you get a i-693 done in the US ? Also did you front load your application with any bona fides like photos or bank statements etc ?

Cheers !

Sure I'd be glad to, the medical was done in the Philippines  before the interview at the embassy. I submitted form DS3025 (it was given to my now wife after she completed the medical) this form is good for one year provided you file your AOS within that year otherwise you need a new medical.

I DID not submit any extra documentation i.e., photos of the wedding, joint bills or bank account as we had little to no documents to submit. I filed the AOS on the 14th of September 2019 and we got married on the 12th of September 2019. so what proof and or documents could we gather in 2 days. I was aware of the fact that we did not have to submit ANY documents other than the marriage license for the INITIAL AOS packet. I had planned to take all that along with me to the interview. So to answer your question I sent in the required supporting documents for each form and that's it.

I might add since there is not going to be an AOS interview I can see them raking us over the coals come ROC time. But we have mountains of documents and supporting documents now and since we have been given 2 years or more to gather more I am confident we will have what is required. I hope that helps!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

this is perfect thank you ! it gives me hope as you didnt send any extra info and still got an interview waived as we`re in same situation !

As you say anyone getting AOS interview waived is going to have a ROC interview, but that should be a cake walk in comparison with close to 2 years theres no reason there shouldnt be mountains of evidence that one could provide !

A couple questions...

1) Did they take any relationship evidence at the K-1 interview? Traditionally Manila (your profile shows PH) does not take it beforerhand...they just look at it while there. Meaning USCIS has no copy of it.

2) Did you submit any relationship evidence (including stuff from before marriage or the visa was obtained) with the I-485?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 minute ago, skjourney said:

this is perfect thank you ! it gives me hope as you didnt send any extra info and still got an interview waived as we`re in same situation !

As you say anyone getting AOS interview waived is going to have a ROC interview, but that should be a cake walk in comparison with close to 2 years theres no reason there shouldnt be mountains of evidence that one could provide !

Precisely!!!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

1 minute ago, geowrian said:

A couple questions...

1) Did they take any relationship evidence at the K-1 interview? Traditionally Manila (your profile shows PH) does not take it beforerhand...they just look at it while there. Meaning USCIS has no copy of it.

2) Did you submit any relationship evidence (including stuff from before marriage or the visa was obtained) with the I-485?

Now that's another matter I front loaded my K1 BIG TIME everything but the kitchen sink so to speak. They did return some of the K1 items to my wife at POE, but I was amazed that in that envelope they give with the visa that is the entire initial K1 packet in hard copy form!!!!! I did not submit ANY relationship evidence other than the marriage license and the support documents with the I-485. I know its hard to figure how they made their decision. I think there is way more criteria other than just your interview was cancelled and I understand that is what we are trying to figure now. Could be they referenced our K1 packet to aid in their decision to wavier us! I think USCIS does indeed have information from your K1 they would have to I suspect.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.