Captain Ewok

USCIS is Extending the Suspension of In-Person Services at all Local Offices from April 7th to June 4th Due to Covid-19

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ice&Kae said:

Kamusta? I have a feeling this is going to go longer than the initial dates they released. So I guess prepare for the worst. Sorry you had to go through this. 

I know. I’ve been preparing myself for the worst news. But hoping and praying for the best 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
4 hours ago, pooj97 said:

So I’m guessing that those of us who are between NOA1 and NOA2 are okay? They are still processing cases but just the offices are closed? Correct me if I’m wrong 

My fiance and I are between NOA 1 and NOA2, we were hopeful for an early April NOA2...even if they still process approvals, my main concern is that the consulates are shutting down which will cause all of the interviews that are scheduled/pending for the cases that were approved ahead of us to be cancelled and post poned...that will in the end cause a huge delay for us. At least that's what I fear and honestly expect, but hope to god I'm wrong. I certainly do not have the answer. I wish we knew more!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, CnE2019 said:

My fiance and I are between NOA 1 and NOA2, we were hopeful for an early April NOA2...even if they still process approvals, my main concern is that the consulates are shutting down which will cause all of the interviews that are scheduled/pending for the cases that were approved ahead of us to be cancelled and post poned...that will in the end cause a huge delay for us. At least that's what I fear and honestly expect, but hope to god I'm wrong. I certainly do not have the answer. I wish we knew more!

Ughh yeah I didn’t even think about that. Me and my fiancé filed back in January and were hoping for a mid May NOA2. Our consulate is Montreal as well which is already a backed up embassy. We were hoping for him to move here by August but idk if that’s gonna be possible now :( wishing you all the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

Ughh yeah I didn’t even think about that. Me and my fiancé filed back in January and were hoping for a mid May NOA2. Our consulate is Montreal as well which is already a backed up embassy. We were hoping for him to move here by August but idk if that’s gonna be possible now :( wishing you all the best!

Yep, we filed in December and sounds like we were just ahead of you. There was a couple who filed a month ahead of us and they were in the 4 month range...I'm curious to find out if they have had any news since they got their NOA2 the other week. Thank goodness for this site, we can all try and keep each other informed some. Good luck to you as well...just trying to stay sane here. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

It looks like Claudia's biometric appointment will be cancelled.  It was scheduled for March 19th.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

12 hours ago, emeline29 said:

F*@$ this F*@$ing virus. That will mean my interview on the 23rd will have to be rescheduled yet again. 4th time lucky maybe? My husband literally had to fly back to Colorado from Georgia (where he has been working) in preparation for my interview. His company had to make some huge changes to allow him to be able to come home. One of his colleagues literally put themselves at risk to fly over to Georgia and replace him, and now it’s all for nothing. I feel so terrible. 

We were also supposed to have our interview on the 23rd. I wonder how much longer this will affect the process. We really don't want this process to drag on much further than it already has. We've been waiting for more than a year for this! 

Edited by juggy_11

This is a serious thing!

As fast as we all go in to quarantine this all chaos will be over soon, please Follow the instructions of hygiene, no socializing, and please sanitize everything so we can stop spreading the Virus and go on with our lives!

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

USCIS is Suspending In-Person Services at all local offices effective March 18 to (at least) April 1st Due to Covid-19.  This includes all scheduled interviews.  Processing at USCIS offices not requiring face time will continue as normal.

Full details from USCIS are here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

source: https://www.uscis.gov/

Hopefully this will help reduce i 751 backlog.

Timeline

We have our I-485 interview scheduled for April 30th.  Hopefully it happens without a hitch.

Timeline

One other thing:  What I don't understand is that we live in the Orlando area.  Yet, our interview is scheduled in Tampa.  

12 hours ago, Mrs.McP said:

My AOS interview is on April 8. Do you think it’ll be rescheduled too? 😢 I’m confused since it states that “USCIS will send notification to those who are impacted by this closure”. I know our schedule is not within those dates. 

This is NOT going to clear up on April 1st, I think we need to brace ourselves for several weeks if not months. Instead of giving a  possible end date of April 1st they should have said until further notice.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.