dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jamie Solo said:

Hey guys, quick question to those who have submitted documents to NVC!

My spouse (the USC) is having trouble procuring the IRS tax transcripts; So they're wondering if turbotax/form 1040 returns are enough evidence? This is particularly tough as her income all came from abroad so no W2's and stuff.

Also might be important to note she has no income right now and is a student with parents as co-sponsors who have IRS transcripts and other appropriate evidence.

Hi

we had the same problem because we submitted form 1049 ( if I remember as my husband is us navy retired ) and had to provide tax transcript for 2018 

we had rough time to have it as my husband cannot connect on its website because he don’t have credit card or current loans . 
we asked IRS to send by mail but it’s very long and since November 18th nothing arrived nor in France( he lives abroad with me )  or in USA ( at his present house ) 

So finally  they faxed it to us and it was quick so maybe you can do that 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Submitted docs October 29th and still waiting. I know they're still technically working on early-mid October submissions, but I'm curious how many people who submitted before October 29th are still waiting.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Got my welcome letter yesterday midnight, paid AOS and IV fees, any idea when i will be able to fill out DS-260 ?? And then when i will be able to upload documents ??

USCIS Approved I-130 : 09/26/2019

USCIS Sent to NVC : 10/28/2019 

NVC Recieved: 11/06/2019

Welcome Letter: 12/05/2019

Happy to finally start this process 😁😁

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 minute ago, George George said:

Got my welcome letter yesterday midnight, paid AOS and IV fees, any idea when i will be able to fill out DS-260 ?? And then when i will be able to upload documents ??

USCIS Approved I-130 : 09/26/2019

USCIS Sent to NVC : 10/28/2019 

NVC Recieved: 11/06/2019

Welcome Letter: 12/05/2019

Happy to finally start this process 😁😁

about a week . for me it took 3 days to nvc to trigger the fee from the bank , then 7 days to process it as "paid"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Starting to gather AOS evidence. I live abroad and don´t have W2s. Will my bank statement showing each monthly payment from the company I work for be good evidence? I also have a letter of employment stating my monthly sallary (but I know letters aren´t good evidence).

16 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Starting to gather AOS evidence. I live abroad and don´t have W2s. Will my bank statement showing each monthly payment from the company I work for be good evidence? I also have a letter of employment stating my monthly sallary (but I know letters aren´t good evidence).

Get your 2018 tax transcript mailed/faxed to you and you don't have to worry about the W2s.

Also, for domicile, they don't want bank statements or employment letters unless that job will continue once you move back to the US.

1 hour ago, DGF said:

Submitted docs October 29th and still waiting. I know they're still technically working on early-mid October submissions, but I'm curious how many people who submitted before October 29th are still waiting.

Hi, we’re waiting since October 25th here.

First sub: 09/20 (for me and our daughter) 

First review: 10/22 they rejected one of my docs and on 10/24 they gave DQ for her with the SAME doc rejected for me two days before.

Second sub for me: 10/25!

And waiting...

5 weeks tomorrow

Edited by DTM-USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, DTM-USA said:

Hi, we’re waiting since October 25th here.

First sub: 09/20 (for me and our daughter) 

First review: 10/22 they rejected one of my docs and on 10/24 they gave DQ for her with the SAME doc rejected for me two days before.

Second sub for me: 10/25!

And waiting...

5 weeks tomorrow

You're so close, good luck! I don't know if this is the same at every embassy, but I've seen them interview families together despite having different DQ dates. Hopefully you'll be able to interview with your daughter and the nonsense doc rejection won't cause too much of a delay :) 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, DGF said:

I first submitted on October 10th, they approved all the documents on October 16th but asked for a proof of my status here (I'm a French citizen). The system was down so I could only submit that on October 22nd. We've been waiting since :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

I'm praying for you friend 🙏🏼🤞☘️

I hope less than 4 weeks ☘️

Thank you very much friend 🙏💯

i hope too ! 
And  i hope A quick answer for you !🤞🍀

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hilde said:

Will your job abroad continue once you move back to the US? If not you will need to get a joint sponsor

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, Uiyl said:

Our lawyer is of the view that although some people submitted a letter explaining why such request from NVC to upload police clearance shouldn't be applicable  to them and they were successful, she thinks it has a high risk of significantly delaying the process should they reject it and advised us to try our best to secure same. 

Btw, I am finally able to receive both certificates from the two countries after three weeks. 

I'm just concerned that my police clearance might arrive in January or February with all the christmas presents and holiday mail that people send by snail mail. They will mail it to me from Taiwan in around a week and can take up to 2 or 3 weeks to arrive, but could be more because of the holidays, I really don't wanna wait until Mid January to upload my docs to CEAC. I've had access to CEAC since Nov 7th 😢

Edited by Juliet57

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, LilyJ said:

Will your job abroad continue once you move back to the US? If not you will need to get a joint sponsor

Does one need a sponsor if earnings are 125% over poverty line?

9 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

I'm just concerned that my police clearance might arrive in January or February with all the christmas presents and holiday mail that people send by snail mail. They will mail it to me from Taiwan in around a week and can take up to 2 or 3 weeks to arrive, but could be more because of the holidays, I really don't wanna wait until Mid January to upload my docs to CEAC. I've had access to CEAC since Nov 7th 😢

They put us in uncessarily stressful situation and I kept on telling myself may be it's for the best. By any chance, if you know people from Taiwan who can collect the documents on your behalf and send it to you by one of those express mail service providers or perhaps if you can also request for the electronic copy? I received one of my docs in electronic format. Good luck to you on this one. 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.