Jump to content

934 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello,

 

Great Idea! We filed online today, received an IOE number and within a couple of hours it stated "Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review." so I am assuming we're in the queue :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Hello,

 

Great Idea! We filed online today, received an IOE number and within a couple of hours it stated "Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review." so I am assuming we're in the queue :)

Looks like online filing will be faster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, Austin said:

Looks like online filing will be faster

Is this confirmed - do you have a source for this? All I was able to find is that there was a pilot project expediting the first batch of IOE numbers, but not the current actual online filings.

 

We're F-2A (technically wrong forum, but part of the currently small online filer group that's why I'm here), so I don't expect to be processed faster in any way hehe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Is this confirmed - do you have a source for this? All I was able to find is that there was a pilot project expediting the first batch of IOE numbers, but not the current actual online filings.

 

We're F-2A (technically wrong forum, but part of the currently small online filer group that's why I'm here), so I don't expect to be processed faster in any way hehe...

Online is faster to be received, not faster to be processed. That would require a shorter queue with less petitions. Processing time stays the same, theyre just able to get the petition maybe a few days to a week sooner. Only way processing times will go down is if there’s less petitions, but there’s more and more petitions every year, so I don’t think it’s going to go down any time soon for anyone. Saves paper, though 


Our CR1 Journey:

 

USCIS Stage:

  • Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

 

NVC Stage:

  • Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

 

Interview Stage:

  • Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
12 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Online is faster to be received, not faster to be processed. That would require a shorter queue with less petitions. Processing time stays the same, theyre just able to get the petition maybe a few days to a week sooner. Only way processing times will go down is if there’s less petitions, but there’s more and more petitions every year, so I don’t think it’s going to go down any time soon for anyone. Saves paper, though 

that's what I thought. Thanks.

 

So there's growing backlog in I-130 approvals for F-2A while visas are available (PD current)? That's so strange. It used to be the opposite. I found some sources that stated no backlog in I-130 processing at the moment, but when I look at the wait times it's hard to believe :)

 

Time will tell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

that's what I thought. Thanks.

 

So there's growing backlog in I-130 approvals for F-2A while visas are available (PD current)? That's so strange. It used to be the opposite. I found some sources that stated no backlog in I-130 processing at the moment, but when I look at the wait times it's hard to believe :)

 

Time will tell...

Not sure about F2A, but CR1/IR1 petitions are extremely backlogged and the amount of petitions people are sending in is only growing, but the fact that F2A visas do have to wait to become current also means that online filing won’t help much to speed up the visa process either since a visa can’t be had until PD is current either way. As for CR1/IR1, the backlog is ever growing and the only way processing time will be faster is if the backlog is lessened. But since more and more people are sending petitions, and USCIS doesn’t seem to be hiring any additional personnel, online filing doesn’t save anything but paper unfortunately, since the backlog is still there


Our CR1 Journey:

 

USCIS Stage:

  • Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

 

NVC Stage:

  • Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

 

Interview Stage:

  • Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports; non-English posts removed.**


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi!

If you file online how do you attach your fee payment confirmation / how do you pay if not via check?

When mailing your application the traditional way you obviously attach the payment via check, what about online?

 

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/12/2019 at 4:04 AM, kiwi2426 said:

 On the case status, it says that our case is "being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location". Not sure what this means but have reached out for clarification. Will let you know what I hear.

I had the same thing on my status when I filed in July. Now you just wait for it get approved. I have question do the online file get center assigned. My assumption is that with online applications, you won't be assigned center anymore since they dont have to send physical files anymore. It will eventually be same processing time for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
22 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Not sure about F2A, but CR1/IR1 petitions are extremely backlogged and the amount of petitions people are sending in is only growing, but the fact that F2A visas do have to wait to become current also means that online filing won’t help much to speed up the visa process either since a visa can’t be had until PD is current either way. As for CR1/IR1, the backlog is ever growing and the only way processing time will be faster is if the backlog is lessened. But since more and more people are sending petitions, and USCIS doesn’t seem to be hiring any additional personnel, online filing doesn’t save anything but paper unfortunately, since the backlog is still there

F2A visa bulletin has been current since July - there is no wait at the moment. That's why I was curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
10 hours ago, AlexTragedy said:

Hi!

If you file online how do you attach your fee payment confirmation / how do you pay if not via check?

When mailing your application the traditional way you obviously attach the payment via check, what about online?

 

Thank you!

 

At the end of the form, after reviewing and clicking "submit", you'll be re-directed to online payment. I paid via credit card, got charged within minutes and received our case number momentarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 hours ago, Skaur0609 said:

I had the same thing on my status when I filed in July. Now you just wait for it get approved. I have question do the online file get center assigned. My assumption is that with online applications, you won't be assigned center anymore since they dont have to send physical files anymore. It will eventually be same processing time for everyone. 

Interesting question. Some research here showed that folks filing via mail have been assigned IOE numbers since July (after an earlier pilot in March) and with those numbers they were assigned to any of the centers. Sounds like you were one of them? Maybe worth noticing that centers that have been assigned as per notice of action seemed to be inaccurate (hotline told callers that Texas had their case, even though paper notice stated California).

I assume this process was a "test" before the full online rollout, in which USCIS scanned the documents and entered in the system where we now file online directly.

 

For efficiency purposes, I hope that your assumption is right and all IOE petitions end up in one online queue and centers claim in the order received, once they have capacity to review/process the petition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, LilyJ said:

Only way processing times will go down

I would hope/assume that as paper forms are processed and cleared from the queues, and the percentage of electronic forms turns the majority/only form of the 130, that the processing times should balance out across all the centers... The waiting time would then I assume be only related to the form itself and not the service center too.  

 

EDIT - just realized this was said by the guys above, obviously not rocket science 😉 (you'd think)

Edited by cbro
just realized this was said by the guys above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...