kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2021 at 11:44 PM, HUGOC9999 said:

Has anyone in this thread filed online while living abroad?

Hi. We filed online on 10/3/21. Noa1 was same date and indicated it was from TSC.  I inquired about a bug in the online app that is populating fields I didn't put anything into.  The receipt for that Inquiry came from NSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, HUGOC9999 said:

What documents are necessary for the online application? Is wife's birth certificate no longer needed?

Petitioner's birth certificate if born in the US or certificate of naturalization if they are a naturalized citizen. 

If they are not a US citizen, then a copy of their Green Card would need to be uploaded.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, HUGOC9999 said:

What documents are necessary for the online application? Is wife's birth certificate no longer needed?

The wife's birth certificate I believe is need at the NVC stage, not the i-130 filing with USCIS.

At the i-130 stage, you are proving you are a US Citizen or Resident, and your relationship with your spouse.

Also if you have been married before, you also need to include documentation showing that you were free to marry your spouse.

• 1 month later...

we drafted I-130 online forms. our consultant insist to send i-130 in paper method and she recommend to put some passport photo and family photo. I want to file it online. but there is not an option to upload this documents. my questions are:

1- should we send marriage certificate for female? FYI: if you choose a mail as a beneficiary then it does not allow to upload marriage certificate!! but for male it is possible

2- should we send passport photo and family photo in online format?

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, houshym said:

we drafted I-130 online forms. our consultant insist to send i-130 in paper method and she recommend to put some passport photo and family photo. I want to file it online. but there is not an option to upload this documents. my questions are:

1- should we send marriage certificate for female? FYI: if you choose a mail as a beneficiary then it does not allow to upload marriage certificate!! but for male it is possible

2- should we send passport photo and family photo in online format?

thanks

Filing online, you can submit whatever you want to (with possible size limits).   If you are filing for a spouse,  yes, you need to include the marriage certificate with translation to English if it's from a country that does not speak English.

21 minutes ago, Nisha0414 said:

How long is it taking for the nvc process to complete after approval of i 130? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

you can find updated current timeline.

I hope this will help. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all! I have a couple of questions as we just applied for I-130 a few days ago and any insight would be greatly appreciated! :) 

• Any recent filers know how long it took to get the NOA2? I am not anticipating super fast processing, but just curious.
  • Does the application go to a processing center like Nebraska, etc or do online applications have their own processing area

Thank you so much in advance everyone! Just getting used to this whole thing :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, llcoolwil said:

Hi all! I have a couple of questions as we just applied for I-130 a few days ago and any insight would be greatly appreciated! :) 

• Any recent filers know how long it took to get the NOA2? I am not anticipating super fast processing, but just curious.
  • Does the application go to a processing center like Nebraska, etc or do online applications have their own processing area

Thank you so much in advance everyone! Just getting used to this whole thing :) 

Answered my own question for the 2nd one LOL. Checked the service center on the bottom of my NOA1. Nebraska for me 

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.