kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2019 at 7:59 PM, Quarknase said:

Interesting question. Some research here showed that folks filing via mail have been assigned IOE numbers since July (after an earlier pilot in March) and with those numbers they were assigned to any of the centers. Sounds like you were one of them? Maybe worth noticing that centers that have been assigned as per notice of action seemed to be inaccurate (hotline told callers that Texas had their case, even though paper notice stated California).

I assume this process was a "test" before the full online rollout, in which USCIS scanned the documents and entered in the system where we now file online directly.

For efficiency purposes, I hope that your assumption is right and all IOE petitions end up in one online queue and centers claim in the order received, once they have capacity to review/process the petition. 

FWIW, I messaged them through the online portal about where the online I-130 applications will be processed and they responded that "All applications submitted into the [Integrated Operating Environment (IOE) system] are processed out of our Potomac Service Center."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
13 minutes ago, kiwi2426 said:

FWIW, I messaged them through the online portal about where the online I-130 applications will be processed and they responded that "All applications submitted into the [Integrated Operating Environment (IOE) system] are processed out of our Potomac Service Center."

Gosh I hope that only applies to CR1/IR1, not F2-A :)

Well mine supposedly is being processed in their "integrated operating environment":

"On September 27, 2019, we received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number IOE#, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. 

But the NOA1 notice was sent from Nebraska... I did submit paper forms.

1 hour ago, cbro said:

Well mine supposedly is being processed in their "integrated operating environment":

"On September 27, 2019, we received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number IOE#, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. 

But the NOA1 notice was sent from Nebraska... I did submit paper forms.

Yeah I had seen others with IOE numbers after submitting paper applications being processed at different centers so I assumed when they responded to me they were referring to online appliers? Time will tell I guess...

On 11/12/2019 at 1:04 PM, kiwi2426 said:

Hi, I wanted to start a new topic for those of us who applied using the new online application given that little is known about how this process will work. For those who are debating, the online process was super simple. You fill out an online form that basically auto-populates the I-130 PDF form that we all are familiar with and you get a download-able PDF version all filled out at the end. You are allowed to upload all you evidence as pdf or jpeg files. I did pdfs. I didn't have an issue with page/file limits as some others are mentioning but my longest file (relationship timeline) was only 9 pages long. We had the paper application all ready to go but I liked the idea of security in knowing that all the materials that were sent had arrived and I wouldn't have to stress about that.

We filed and received an IOE number and notification that our case had be accepted for review the very next day. On the case status, it says that our case is "being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location". Not sure what this means but have reached out for clarification. Will let you know what I hear.

hey how did you sign the i-130 as I thought they didn't accept printed signatures

4 minutes ago, Interfan said:

hey how did you sign the i-130 as I thought they didn't accept printed signatures

It's all online. You don't need a written signature when you file in the online form from what I remember.

Filing online isn't just submitting a PDF of the i-130. They have a whole set of boxes/queries that you fill in as you go along that ask the same information as the form.

Edited by kiwi2426

We filed online today too and it was pretty smooth, also it still shows all the files you sent with the petition so they can't really 'lose' documents this way. Only issue we had was not being able to put Present on the current address and employment but you can attach additional information on each question so we just wrote it there instead.

We already got assigned a IOE receipt number and now just hoping they do really assign all petitions filed online to potomac.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 hours ago, Interfan said:

We filed online today too and it was pretty smooth, also it still shows all the files you sent with the petition so they can't really 'lose' documents this way. Only issue we had was not being able to put Present on the current address and employment but you can attach additional information on each question so we just wrote it there instead.

We already got assigned a IOE receipt number and now just hoping they do really assign all petitions filed online to potomac.

I received NOA1 and it said California...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 hours ago, Interfan said:

Online and IOE petitions are assigned to service centers just like any other petition, so no unfortunately they are not all assigned to Potomac

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

8 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I received NOA1 and it said California...

From what I've seen here most if not all F2A Visas go to the California Service Center so that might be the reason

7 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Online and IOE petitions are assigned to service centers just like any other petition, so no unfortunately they are not all assigned to Potomac

I was just quoting a response OP got from USCIS when they asked what service center do petitions filed online go to

Timeline
3 hours ago, Interfan said:

From what I've seen here most if not all F2A Visas go to the California Service Center so that might be the reason

I was just quoting a response OP got from USCIS when they asked what service center do petitions filed online go to

Yes but unfortunately that quote is wrong, they’ll be assigned to different service centers as per usual

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 7:23 AM, LilyJ said:

Yes but unfortunately that quote is wrong, they’ll be assigned to different service centers as per usual

Have you seen any online filer yet that was assigned to Nebraska?

Timeline
1 hour ago, darth vader said:

Have you seen any online filer yet that was assigned to Nebraska?

Yes I have, thought I don’t remember who exactly 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Eune said:

online filer here. assigned to Potomac. Hopefully it goes fast. My friend who got married to a French got her visa in a week..

She moved to France? Or her spouse moved to the US? A week is impossible for US immigration. Not sure about for French immigration. But definitely not for the US. Potomac is lucky, it's the fastest service center, though still taking around 6 months for I130 approval, then a few more months after that for NVC and interview. Not sure how backed up the consulate in SK is but I don't think it's much so luckily your interview wait shouldn't be too long either I anticipate

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.