kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lizzie and Zach said:

Hello!

We submitted our i130 petition on the 8th January 2020 online,  roughly how long will it be until we recieve the NOA1?

We recieved an email receipt almost immediately with our IOE number.  Do we receive a hard copy NOA1 in the mail or

will it be an email?  I have been checking the Case Status Checking website for any updates but i'm going to drive myself mad!

I just want to know what to expect!

Thanks!

You should receive the NOA1 by mail soon :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

New question for I-130 filing - do you need to include a cover letter (as a .pdf) as you would for the mailed package, or do you just fill in the form and upload all of the evidence files? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, CGs_Mother said:

New question for I-130 filing - do you need to include a cover letter (as a .pdf) as you would for the mailed package, or do you just fill in the form and upload all of the evidence files? Thanks. 

Hi,

I’d asked this question in an FB group and that’s entirely up to you. We didn’t and I’m actually glad we didn’t because we had uploaded our info in an order which we thought was good... Affidavit’s, photos, trips back & forth etc basically in an order that made sense to us and it’s literally changed order and it’s now in a file size order! So we have things we didn’t necessarily want at the top, at the top! 
You could do a cover letter but because you name every file you upload we found there was no need to. Wedding photos and simply named ‘wedding photos’ so it’s easy enough for them to click and view whatever they want/need to see based on how you name your uploads. 

Hope this helps

On 1/16/2020 at 7:34 PM, Lizzie and Zach said:

Hello!

We submitted our i130 petition on the 8th January 2020 online,  roughly how long will it be until we recieve the NOA1?

We recieved an email receipt almost immediately with our IOE number.  Do we receive a hard copy NOA1 in the mail or

will it be an email?  I have been checking the Case Status Checking website for any updates but i'm going to drive myself mad!

I just want to know what to expect!

Thanks!

Hi, We're on the point of filing online too. i'm just wondering if you run into any bugs on the online platform? To us it seems that the 'end date' at currect job/house can't be put to PRESENT. 

It also seems at the end, when you click 'review' before submitting, that  it generates a filled in 130 form. There are some things not correct then suddenly. Any experience with this?

Also what kind of additional proof of marriage evidence did you provide? 

Really starting to doubt if we should filed it online or will use Rapidvisa or so for the paper process....

Thanks! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/15/2019 at 12:34 AM, Skaur0609 said:

I had the same thing on my status when I filed in July. Now you just wait for it get approved. I have question do the online file get center assigned. My assumption is that with online applications, you won't be assigned center anymore since they dont have to send physical files anymore. It will eventually be same processing time for everyone. 

So your case has been approved or not yet ?? I think we have close priority date  !! Anything you heard from NVC or USCIS yet ? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Voilet said:

So your case has been approved or not yet ?? I think we have close priority date  !! Anything you heard from NVC or USCIS yet ? 

Nothing yet. Hoping to hear something next 2 week. People PD around July 22 week been getting approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Skaur0609 said:

Nothing yet. Hoping to hear something next 2 week. People PD around July 22 week been getting approved.

Hope you get approved soon ! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 1:59 AM, KarolBoris said:

Make sure you include a 2x2 passport photos of petitioner and all who they are petitioning for. Also your full names need to be wrote (printed not signed)  on the back of the photo then you’ll just scan and upload.

Is this official? I know when you apply on paper the passport photos have to signed on the back. But online? We just named the photo file .jpeg by "Name Last Name passport photo" or something like that. Hope that's good enough.

The more posts I read about the application the more *mistakes* I feel like we made. :( 

On 1/18/2020 at 1:27 PM, Skaur0609 said:

Can you see any of your I-130 documents - forms, evidence etc. online on myUSCIS account?

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
41 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Can you see any of your I-130 documents - forms, evidence etc. online on myUSCIS account?

I can see some. Its says part 2. Never saw part 1. It's been like that since the beginning. It appears as you get closer to getting approval, you will see all the documents.

Edited by Skaur0609

Timeline
23 hours ago, AlexTragedy said:

Is this official? I know when you apply on paper the passport photos have to signed on the back. But online? We just named the photo file .jpeg by "Name Last Name passport photo" or something like that. Hope that's good enough.

The more posts I read about the application the more *mistakes* I feel like we made. :( 

I don't think you have to worry about online. When you ate sending printed copy, they want your name on the back so they figure who is who if they misplace it. But online you have your individual file so chances of misplacing in wrong file. 

9 minutes ago, Skaur0609 said:

I can see some. Its says part 2. Never saw part 1. It's been like that since the beginning.

May I ask what documents are visible to you?

9 minutes ago, Skaur0609 said:

It appears as you get closer to getting approval, you will see all the documents.

Has someone reported his happening closer to the approval or is this just a guess?

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
20 minutes ago, darth vader said:

May I ask what documents are visible to you?

Has someone reported his happening closer to the approval or is this just a guess?

I can see part of 130A and passport photo. Few people reported about seeing more documents. They had date updated.

12 minutes ago, Skaur0609 said:

I can see part of 130A and passport photo. Few people reported about seeing more documents. They had date updated.

Have we seen any online filers go to Potomac?

Edited by darth vader

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.