kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, CGs_Mother said:

Hi - question for all of you, as my husband and I are gathering all of the information for submitting the I-130 group of documents for both me and my son (his stepson). How does he submit the passport photos? Can he submit digital photos (.jpgs) of his passport photo? I understand that since both my son and I are not in the US, we don't have to submit photos just yet.

Also, will they accept chat logs (my husband and I have messaged each other every day on Facebook since we met, except of course when I was visiting him) in chat log files or do we still have to submit screen shots/.jpgs of chats as evidence? Same with Instagram, etc. Do we just send the photos or do we send screen caps of IG posts, and will they accept files or just .jpgs and .pdfs?

Finally, I take it he doesn't have to physically sign every page since the .pdf forms are signed electronically. I saw that I don't have to sign since I'm out of the country.

Thanks very much!

Hello,

My husband just recently filed for me and our son (his adopted son).

You do need to submit the passport fotos (2×2'').

The electronically i130 does not need to be signed on each site but YOU need to print out the i130a and sign it.

At least that's how we were advised to proceed by a legal counsel. 

I hope this helps...

Good luck to you :) !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Inita said:

The electronically i130 does not need to be signed on each site but YOU need to print out the i130a and sign it.

At least that's how we were advised to proceed by a legal counsel. 

Oh man, I didn't sign the I-130A when submitting it electronically... I now looked at it and it does say "Sign in Ink".

Will they not accept it if it's not signed? I remember it said on the website that if you apply from abroad (and we are, though we do live together abroad) the beneficiary doesn't have to sign it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AlexTragedy said:

Oh man, I didn't sign the I-130A when submitting it electronically... I now looked at it and it does say "Sign in Ink".

Will they not accept it if it's not signed? I remember it said on the website that if you apply from abroad (and we are, though we do live together abroad) the beneficiary doesn't have to sign it.

I think you can still sign it and just upload it to the page 🙏

It should be ok 😊👍

On 1/13/2020 at 1:45 PM, Quarknase said:

Hi All,

Any online filer who received an RFE? Our PD is November 12 and as of 01/09 a "Request for evidence" was sent.

I'm not sure but it seems to be coming fairly quick, assuming this is not a Request for Initial Evidence.

I'm getting a error 500 on the website so I don't know what they're asking for, but I'm curious to know if the online tool differs between "RFE " and "RFIE"?

Anyone with experience?

Can you please call them and ask. It'll help us out a lot. Also, what is "RFIE"?

Edited by darth vader

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
28 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Can you please call them and ask. It'll help us out a lot. Also, what is "RFIE"?

Request for initial evidence

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

7 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

Hi - question for all of you, as my husband and I are gathering all of the information for submitting the I-130 group of documents for both me and my son (his stepson). How does he submit the passport photos? Can he submit digital photos (.jpgs) of his passport photo? I understand that since both my son and I are not in the US, we don't have to submit photos just yet.

Also, will they accept chat logs (my husband and I have messaged each other every day on Facebook since we met, except of course when I was visiting him) in chat log files or do we still have to submit screen shots/.jpgs of chats as evidence? Same with Instagram, etc. Do we just send the photos or do we send screen caps of IG posts, and will they accept files or just .jpgs and .pdfs?

Finally, I take it he doesn't have to physically sign every page since the .pdf forms are signed electronically. I saw that I don't have to sign since I'm out of the country.

Thanks very much!

Make sure you include a 2x2 passport photos of petitioner and all who they are petitioning for. Also your full names need to be wrote (printed not signed)  on the back of the photo then you’ll just scan and upload. We took some screenshots from our social media and used them as part of our evidence. Don’t forget to also include and upload the I-130a (form for you).

Hope this helps!

Timeline
2 hours ago, darth vader said:

This term is new to me. How is it different than RFE?

RFE is request for additional evidence, RFIE is request for initial evidence that should have been originally sent with the package 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 hours ago, Inita said:

I think you can still sign it and just upload it to the page 🙏

It should be ok 😊👍

The beneficiary (if abroad) does not have to sign it. It’s clearly stated in instructions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

The beneficiary (if abroad) does not have to sign it. It’s clearly stated in instructions.

Did you upload the file directly or did you print, scan then upload the final file?

Edited by Tom & Steph

1 hour ago, LilyJ said:

RFE is request for additional evidence, RFIE is request for initial evidence that should have been originally sent with the package 

Has this started recently? I have never heard of RFIE before. So they wouldn't reject your petition for some important document lacking such as birth certificate but instead issue an request for initial evidence?

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
8 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Has this started recently? I have never heard of RFIE before. So they wouldn't reject your petition for some important document lacking such as birth certificate but instead issue an request for initial evidence?

No It’s been a thing for a while. They don’t necessarily have to sent an RFE/RFIE for anything, hypothetically they can just deny it or send it back to you 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

1 hour ago, darth vader said:

Thanks. I am searching RFIE but nothing turns up. Can you share some instances of people receiving RFIE here on VJ?

Hello!

We submitted our i130 petition on the 8th January 2020 online,  roughly how long will it be until we recieve the NOA1?

We recieved an email receipt almost immediately with our IOE number.  Do we receive a hard copy NOA1 in the mail or

will it be an email?  I have been checking the Case Status Checking website for any updates but i'm going to drive myself mad!

I just want to know what to expect!

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.