kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

She moved to France? Or her spouse moved to the US? A week is impossible for US immigration. Not sure about for French immigration. But definitely not for the US. Potomac is lucky, it's the fastest service center, though still taking around 6 months for I130 approval, then a few more months after that for NVC and interview. Not sure how backed up the consulate in SK is but I don't think it's much so luckily your interview wait shouldn't be too long either I anticipate

She moved to France. Just thinking it's not right to make husband and wife apart from each other this long. Compare to any other countries, this whole process is rather weird. but oh well that's the law.  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey there! Thank you for this thread as I have so many questions about online filing or application in general. 

1. Our marriage certificate is in English and Hindi, both languages say the say thing. Do we need to have our certificate translated to all English even though the Hindi text is just saying what English text says? 

2. Do you still upload your bona fida proof with a cover letter saying what sorta info is being included? Do you upload your proof documents in same organized way you would submit a paper application packet? 

We have been working on our proof documents for over a month and I’m feeling so overwhelmed. I’m so jealous of all of you that are so organized, computer smart and finding this easy, it takes me a day just to try to make one document with photos on it lol.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
18 hours ago, Siddsgal said:

Hey there! Thank you for this thread as I have so many questions about online filing or application in general. 

1. Our marriage certificate is in English and Hindi, both languages say the say thing. Do we need to have our certificate translated to all English even though the Hindi text is just saying what English text says? 

2. Do you still upload your bona fida proof with a cover letter saying what sorta info is being included? Do you upload your proof documents in same organized way you would submit a paper application packet? 

We have been working on our proof documents for over a month and I’m feeling so overwhelmed. I’m so jealous of all of you that are so organized, computer smart and finding this easy, it takes me a day just to try to make one document with photos on it lol.  

Heyhey.

1/ If your marriage certificate is already in English, you don't need a translation.

2/ The online tool gives you dedicated spaces to upload certain things like marriage certificate, photos, and so on and so forth. I didn't prepare a cover letter. But I made a little story out of the secondary proof (photos, flight tickets and such) - I placed photos of us and photos of tickets etc in chronological order and made a little description (e.g. In june, we traveled to XXX [insert tickets] where we visited this museum [insert photo of us in museum, and museum tickets] and climbed mountain XX [insert photo of us on mountain].

I didn't expand too much, but wanted to create something nice and fun and easy to read for the IO who works our case. I imagine that they see sooo many cases per day that a little fun story in between is a nice change :)

Don't worry, I think there isn't a single person that didn't feel like this is overwhelming at the beginning. Visajourney is an amazng resource with knowledgeable and honest people. I'm yet to find out myself how to easily format images in word by the way lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed online on November 14th. Received the notice saying it was being process in Nebraska on December 11th. Hoping Nebraska isn't a long as everyone says... 

Edited by Leah123

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

We also filed online, it was so easy and convenient. Really recommend! I know it might not speed up the whole approval process but at least you don't stress out about your documents being lost or something ;) 

On 12/29/2019 at 9:56 PM, Leah123 said:

We filed online on November 14th. Received the notice saying it was being process in Nebraska on December 11th. Hoping Nebraska isn't a long as everyone says... 

Us too... I mean we didn't get anything from them yet, but I saw the receipt was addressed to Nebraska Center. Hang in there, hope the time will pass quickly

Hello! New here, not sure if this is a silly question or not but here goes. I filled out the I-130 PDF online, but I did not file online - I printed the document out after filling everything in, and I put together all of our supporting evidence documents in a physical envelope. I then sent the packet to a lock box in Arizona. I assume this is NOT considered to be an online filling, as I did not actually file online.... however, my case number begins with "IOE" which I understand is the case number code for Online Filers, correct? My service center is Texas according to my NOA1. 

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Alexsea said:

Hello! New here, not sure if this is a silly question or not but here goes. I filled out the I-130 PDF online, but I did not file online - I printed the document out after filling everything in, and I put together all of our supporting evidence documents in a physical envelope. I then sent the packet to a lock box in Arizona. I assume this is NOT considered to be an online filling, as I did not actually file online.... however, my case number begins with "IOE" which I understand is the case number code for Online Filers, correct? My service center is Texas according to my NOA1. 

Thanks!

All cases as of around July-August are now IOE cases, whether sent online (which wasn’t available until November) or by paper. All petitions sent by paper are scanned into the computer system 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Hello!

My Husband and I are starting to compile our evidence package for the i130... Is there a limit to how many pages you can upload/ roughly how many pages should it be? We have a lot of photos/text logs/call logs and it's currently about 30 pages! I don't want it to seem like overkill! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

Thank you!

Timeline

Hi All,

Any online filer who received an RFE? Our PD is November 12 and as of 01/09 a "Request for evidence" was sent.

I'm not sure but it seems to be coming fairly quick, assuming this is not a Request for Initial Evidence.

I'm getting a error 500 on the website so I don't know what they're asking for, but I'm curious to know if the online tool differs between "RFE " and "RFIE"?

Anyone with experience?

On 1/13/2020 at 6:45 PM, Quarknase said:

Hi All,

Any online filer who received an RFE? Our PD is November 12 and as of 01/09 a "Request for evidence" was sent.

I'm not sure but it seems to be coming fairly quick, assuming this is not a Request for Initial Evidence.

I'm getting a error 500 on the website so I don't know what they're asking for, but I'm curious to know if the online tool differs between "RFE " and "RFIE"?

Anyone with experience?

If this is an RFE and you only filed the I-130 in November 2019 then that’s very quick. I was under the impression that you were asked for RFE’s (if needed) closer to you receiving the NOA2...

Timeline
46 minutes ago, KarolBoris said:

If this is an RFE and you only filed the I-130 in November 2019 then that’s very quick. I was under the impression that you were asked for RFE’s (if needed) closer to you receiving the NOA2...

Right?! It feels late for RFIE, but early for RFE. If only the myuscis portal would work so we can find out haha

10 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Right?! It feels late for RFIE, but early for RFE. If only the myuscis portal would work so we can find out haha

Did you file the I-130F online or submit a paper version? Either way for an RFE from Nebraska ( or anywhere) this quickly hoping it’s something super small you forgot to include and they look at you case quickly and hopefully an NOA2 will soon follow! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, KarolBoris said:

Did you file the I-130F online or submit a paper version? Either way for an RFE from Nebraska ( or anywhere) this quickly hoping it’s something super small you forgot to include and they look at you case quickly and hopefully an NOA2 will soon follow! 

Filed online, but am still LPR so for now we're in California just like all other F2A.

I think it's hard to say wether this is quick or not, since so little data for online filing is available.

I hope it's something small, especially since I'm abroad with my spouse currently which gives me limited access to my documents :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi - question for all of you, as my husband and I are gathering all of the information for submitting the I-130 group of documents for both me and my son (his stepson). How does he submit the passport photos? Can he submit digital photos (.jpgs) of his passport photo? I understand that since both my son and I are not in the US, we don't have to submit photos just yet.

Also, will they accept chat logs (my husband and I have messaged each other every day on Facebook since we met, except of course when I was visiting him) in chat log files or do we still have to submit screen shots/.jpgs of chats as evidence? Same with Instagram, etc. Do we just send the photos or do we send screen caps of IG posts, and will they accept files or just .jpgs and .pdfs?

Finally, I take it he doesn't have to physically sign every page since the .pdf forms are signed electronically. I saw that I don't have to sign since I'm out of the country.

Thanks very much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.