87 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

This is incorrect.  Evidence of income is at or above 125% OF the poverty line.  For example if the poverty line is 20, you need 25, not 45.  125% above 20 is 45.  125 OF 20 is 25.  Using correct terminology and language is critical here.

Yes that was my bad of messing up sentence structure. Meant to say above the 125% of the poverty guideline

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline

I will finish my petition today, at what point will they ask me for my divorce decree's? I was married 3 times before, my first wife disappeared and I filed dissolution of marriage, second one didn't even last a week, we filed dissolution or annulment, first two happened when I was still in college in the 90's... Id have to dig these two up somehow online because I am living in Bali currently. I do however have my last divorce decree with me because we needed that to get married here in Bali. Do I really have to mention the first two? I know for a fact they were both discharged. Anybody know some good online sources to obtain old divorce decree's. There are tons on google but some are BS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

I will finish my petition today, at what point will they ask me for my divorce decree's? I was married 3 times before, my first wife disappeared and I filed dissolution of marriage, second one didn't even last a week, we filed dissolution or annulment, first two happened when I was still in college in the 90's... Id have to dig these two up somehow online because I am living in Bali currently. I do however have my last divorce decree with me because we needed that to get married here in Bali. Do I really have to mention the first two? I know for a fact they were both discharged. Anybody know some good online sources to obtain old divorce decree's. There are tons on google but some are BS.

Yes you must include all of them. You will include copies of all your divorce decrees in your petition packet. You cannot leave out or just not mention information on previous marriages as this will be considered withholding and purposeful omitting of information

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Yes, all previous marriages must be disclosed. Yes, documentation that those marriages were dissolved is required.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

I am actually still employed by a company in the USA. A roofing company. I can show income for 2017, and 2018. I can not show any for this year yet due to there not being any significant hail storms in the USA. I am sponsored by my wife here in Indonesia and can not work here yet. My goal was to go back and forth with her  for work but she was denied (you can read about this on my old post). Between the denial and the no hail storm I decided to stay here and continue to work on a online business which hasn't made profit yet. My boss will write a letter if needed to prove I am still employed but I am a commission only salesman with company truck. Do I still need to get a Co-sponsor? I know I have a lot of questions , that is what this site is for. The first two denials were traumatic for my wife so we are planning this next attempt at a visa even more carefully. My wife can prove she will still be making money while in the USA to so how do we show that? Her business will continue to run and thrive as it does now without us here in Bali.

Edited by Halo Bule

47 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

Anybody know some good online sources to obtain old divorce decree's.

Umm..........the court of the county where it was made final?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

If you don’t have an income then of course you need a cosponsor. Please be aware of the new changes that appear to be taking place in October as others have mentioned as your case -no income, property etc raises risk of your wife becoming a public charge. 

Any marriage has to be reported- it’s not good going into this process thinking maybe you can hide some things.

Also, don’t forget applying for a permanent resident means the USA will be her permanent home; it’s not meant to be used as an alternative to a tourist visa. 

The guides at the top of the page are very helpful and you can see the steps you need to follow for the spousal visa

your wife making an income in the US doesn’t affect the sponsorship requirements-that falls on you the US citizen. Additionally don’t forget she will be required to file taxes on her foreign income once she’s an LPR.

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

38 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

I am actually still employed by a company in the USA. A roofing company. I can show income for 2017, and 2018. I can not show any for this year yet due to there not being any significant hail storms in the USA. I am sponsored by my wife here in Indonesia and can not work here yet. My goal was to go back and forth with her  for work but she was denied (you can read about this on my old post). Between the denial and the no hail storm I decided to stay here and continue to work on a online business which hasn't made profit yet. My boss will write a letter if needed to prove I am still employed but I am a commission only salesman with company truck. Do I still need to get a Co-sponsor? I know I have a lot of questions , that is what this site is for. The first two denials were traumatic for my wife so we are planning this next attempt at a visa even more carefully. My wife can prove she will still be making money while in the USA to so how do we show that? Her business will continue to run and thrive as it does now without us here in Bali.

Is your employer paying you a salary while you're in Indonesia? If not, then your current income from employment is zero. 

Do you have other sources of income?

43 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

My wife can prove she will still be making money while in the USA to so how do we show that?

This is not a consideration for US immigration.

1 hour ago, Halo Bule said:

I think it would be.a good idea to acquire all the dissolution paperwork before moving too fast. As said by others, this must be included with the petition. You’d be surprised how long this will actually take especially since you are not here in the US to track them down. It can be a complicated process. Good luck. 

Timeline

based on all the facts I have given do we stand a chance? If i show all divorce decree's , get a co sponsor, have a job in USA, and have a  physical address?

I did file Bankruptcy a few years ago as well, my credit is average, I started to build it after my BK. with her being denied twice already for her tourist visa, they proved that my ties were stronger there for the both of us, so we are wanting to go the cr1 route now. Should We wait until we are married for a full 2 years? would that help? We both just want to have a good life together and being denied again would not be good. One person agreed that filing before October wouldn't make a difference. Does everyone agree to this?

Edited by Halo Bule

19 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

based on all the facts I have given do we stand a chance? If i show all divorce decree's , get a co sponsor, have a job in USA, and have a  physical address?

I did file Bankruptcy a few years ago as well, my credit is average, I started to build it after my BK. with her being denied twice already for her tourist visa, they proved that my ties were stronger there for the both of us, so we are wanting to go the cr1 route now. Should We wait until we are married for a full 2 years? would that help? We both just want to have a good life together and being denied again would not be good. One person agreed that filing before October wouldn't make a difference. Does everyone agree to this?

Sounds to me like you're on track.  

Credit/bankruptcy status is not considered.  Current income is king.  Length of marriage does not impact approval per se, although if you did wait two years, it would be an IR-1, which means a ten year GC from the get-go.  I agree that filing tomorrow vs in October will have no bearing on your case, as the interview will take place up to one year from now.

Continuing to read as much as you can here on VJ and ask questions as they arise is your best bet to avoiding delays and pitfalls along the way.

Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

To determined the gross income needed to meet the poverty guidelines you only need to look at the I-864P poverty guidelines 125% column for the number of people you will be sponsoring (plus yourself) ..

No math needed to calculate the 125% amount   >  https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.