87 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

Yeah well , we will live there and go through the green card process but if she choose to live somewhere else years later, she could. Nowhere does it say we HAVE to stay in USA correct. If she can hand her green card back and say she made a mistake and never return. Unless your telling me , she will be forced to stay in a USA forever . Many people do regret moving to the states after a period of time and decide to go home. There is no law against that’

Keep in mind, should she abandon her residence or stay outside the US for longer than allowed per year, she would lose her green card, and you'll have to go through the process all over again of attempting to get a tourist visa and all of that if she wanted to visit the US again, and would have to go through the whole IR1 process again should you both re-decide to move to the US

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline

@yuna628 of course we will make a attempt with 0 intent besides being happy. We want a happy life. Together always . My wife really wants to live in the USA . Me on the other hand, I want to retire elsewhere eventually, after I work for another 5 years ....who wouldn’t want to have a house in paradise on a tropical island , surf everyday. It’s all part of the American dream. It’s part of being American, to be able to travel and roam the earth as we want , for however long we want. It’s my right . My wife loves her family very much , but she will always be at my side, but if I see her unhappy years from now because she misses her home and family,you better believe we’re giving back that card .

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

This final rule supersedes the 1999 Interim Field Guidance on Deportability and Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds and goes into effect at 12:00 a.m. Eastern on Oct. 15, 60 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register. USCIS will apply the public charge inadmissibility final rule only to applications and petitions postmarked (or, if applicable, submitted electronically) on or after the effective date. Applications and petitions already pending with USCIS on the effective date of the rule (postmarked and accepted by USCIS) will be adjudicated based on the 1999 Interim

Has the state department released anything about changes being made for those going through consular processing? I found an article about something sort of silently happening in Jan '18 but I wonder what they will be doing at the consulates after Oct 15

Timeline

@Boiler @missileman ...... yes it is weird and By October 15th it will get even weirder . I do however thank you both for your great input. It’s late here, this whole thing is frustrating for my wife and myself but I’ve learned a lot in these forums. If it weren’t for the knowledgeable  people here, it would be even more weird. The truth of the matter should be obvious in this particular discussion whether people admit or even know their  true intentions is another discussion. My wife would have been approved for her tourist visa before we got married so It’s even more frustrating. One small but huge mistake.  We we’re always honest from the beginning, and we hid nothing . I am here for information and knowledge from others that have gone down the same path or just have a better understanding of new  and existing regulations and laws.  It’s simple, we first tried to get a tourist visa for my wife which she was denied twice. This was before my wife decided she really wanted to live In America which I tried to talk her out of so now we are rushing to get the process started and stamped before October 15. This decision was also made by the fact that It is easier for me to make a living in the USA. 

Have a good night 🌙💤 it’s now 430 am in Bali Indonesia 🇮🇩...

Timeline

@missileman @yuna628 @Boiler @Jorgedig

Thanks for all your help. Like I said , it’s frustrating. Sorry if this comes across weird. As far as my trump remarks , I am sorry, I’m not trying to come across weird nor do I wish to bring race into this. I simply want my wife to be able to go where ever I go. I’m going to try and get this submitted ASAP before the deadline. Hopefully I can. Thanks again for all your help, and sorry again if I was rude. I was up late last night and not thinking too straight.

5 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

@missileman @yuna628 @Boiler @Jorgedig

Thanks for all your help. Like I said , it’s frustrating. Sorry if this comes across weird. As far as my trump remarks , I am sorry, I’m not trying to come across weird nor do I wish to bring race into this. I simply want my wife to be able to go where ever I go. I’m going to try and get this submitted ASAP before the deadline. Hopefully I can. Thanks again for all your help, and sorry again if I was rude. I was up late last night and not thinking too straight.

No worries.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  US immigration is a high-stakes, stressful process.  

By being here at VJ and asking questions, you're doing much more for yourself and your wife than a lot of folks who go into it blindly.

Timeline

@missileman  

I still have to get my divorce decrees from the courts , at least two of them, I have everything else with me already as far as documents go. I’d have to find documents for co-sponsor to. Does anyone have a link for this? Does anyone here think I can meet the deadline if I work on this straight for a week ? And then wait for my divorce decrees to be sent ? Or can I file without that evidence for the time being knowing that it’s coming in the mail. Maybe the divorce decree paperwork is submitted later or is it required from the first submission? Does my date start from my day of submitting my appeal ? 

Timeline

@Boiler thanks for your comment stating this started weird and is more so, since your comment some of my questions are going unanswered. For other newbies here , don’t be afraid to answer any questions. There are no stupid or weird questions. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.