87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On 8/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, Halo Bule said:

I am actually still employed by a company in the USA. A roofing company. I can show income for 2017, and 2018. I can not show any for this year yet due to there not being any significant hail storms in the USA. I am sponsored by my wife here in Indonesia and can not work here yet. My goal was to go back and forth with her  for work but she was denied (you can read about this on my old post). Between the denial and the no hail storm I decided to stay here and continue to work on a online business which hasn't made profit yet. My boss will write a letter if needed to prove I am still employed but I am a commission only salesman with company truck. Do I still need to get a Co-sponsor? I know I have a lot of questions , that is what this site is for. The first two denials were traumatic for my wife so we are planning this next attempt at a visa even more carefully. My wife can prove she will still be making money while in the USA to so how do we show that? Her business will continue to run and thrive as it does now without us here in Bali.

See above

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

@ohcoffeeeyes yes I have one with me here in Indonesia for my last divorce. The other two will take time to find again but yes I know I can obtain them ... then they will send to my home in Colorado which I haven’t been in for almost 2 years , my friend will mail or scan for me .... it’ will get done eventually, may take a few months of work to get everything in order but we will get it done. I just like to blow steam on here. Thanks again 

1 minute ago, Halo Bule said:

@ohcoffeeeyes yes I have one with me here in Indonesia for my last divorce. The other two will take time to find again but yes I know I can obtain them ... then they will send to my home in Colorado which I haven’t been in for almost 2 years , my friend will mail or scan for me .... it’ will get done eventually, may take a few months of work to get everything in order but we will get it done. I just like to blow steam on here. Thanks again 

What I'm saying is you may not even have to track down your ex-wives... You can literally get help from the courthouse in the city you got divorced in. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:34 AM, Jorgedig said:

Sounds to me like you're on track.  

Credit/bankruptcy status is not considered.  Current income is king.  Length of marriage does not impact approval per se, although if you did wait two years, it would be an IR-1, which means a ten year GC from the get-go.  I agree that filing tomorrow vs in October will have no bearing on your case, as the interview will take place up to one year from now.

Continuing to read as much as you can here on VJ and ask questions as they arise is your best bet to avoiding delays and pitfalls along the way.

Good luck!

Bankruptcy history and credit score will be considered if filed for after the October date under the new rules because there will be new forms to fill out. Additional things to consider would be health insurance which is also being considered as a high positive factor.

Obviously if filed before October none of that will matter..

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

@Boiler yes , but if we move to USA then her daughter will be running the company and keeping assets herself. Her mom will make sure her daughter is taken care of no matter what. Daughter will have all ownership before we head to good ol’ USA.

Just now, yuna628 said:

Bankruptcy history and credit score will be considered if filed for after the October date under the new rules. Additional things to consider would be health insurance which is also being considered as a high positive factor.

Really?  I hadn't heard that about the credit score consideration.  I think that is a good thing.

Just now, Jorgedig said:

Really?  I hadn't heard that about the credit score consideration.  I think that is a good thing.

Yep. It will all have to be noted on the new forms. Bankruptcy, credit score which you will have to obtain for them, additional info regarding the credit history of the beneficiary, and even health insurance.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

Timeline

@ohcoffeeeyes yes , i know this. THAts how i got my last one. I would beber Track Down my ex. ‘S ... yes some Court houses Will Mail or even email copies tO you. I had tO have my last notarized in order to marry  here.  My first two marriages again did not last long at all, I was young , dumb and full of gum and I will have to guess at the dates. The clerk will still be able to find without correct dates. Thanks again 

Timeline

@yuna628 yes, that’s what someone told me in this room. Why do you think a credit check is a good thing ? What’s next ? A ####### exam ? Barcode tattoos? There are plenty of other ways to stop people from collecting unemployment or benefits, just don’t give them to immigrants at all, but please do tell me why you think a credit check should determine whether my wife should come live with me or not because my score is off by one point ?

####### = rectum exam 

Timeline

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to  data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American. 0 are Indonesian and In 48 years I’ve never filed for food stamps or disability.... like I said , I pay my taxes, credit is okay now, yes I did file bk just like Trump. Should we send the First Lady back to her home?

Edited by Halo Bule

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

And?

2 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to  data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American. 0 are Indonesian

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

@yuna628 yes, that’s what someone told me in this room. Why do you think a credit check is a good thing ? What’s next ? A ####### exam ? Barcode tattoos? There are plenty of other ways to stop people from collecting unemployment or benefits, just don’t give them to immigrants at all, but please do tell me why you think a credit check should determine whether my wife should come live with me or not because my score is off by one point ?

####### = rectum exam 

While I do not personally agree with the policy change when it comes to credit scores and some other information, as I find it delves too deeply into the citizen's personal history, and liberty to make stupid or positive decisions, and there are many examples of why credit score is not much of an indicator of anything... all I can say is that immigration is a big step.. a really big step. Most of us have fought long and hard and done what it takes to bring their spouses to this country while enduring many hardships along the way. Such more aggressive policy changes will not fix many things with our system and will certainly increase wait times, paperwork burdens etc. But that is for a different thread... 

The policy language is written not in the most clear manner, likely purposefully as it would increase greater discretion to officers reviewing cases, but can and is causing a lot of panic and confusion - also likely not needed. All we know is that the better your life is in hand - income, credit history, job prospects, and health insurance - the greater positive weight will be given to the case in a favorable manner. It is not really clear if a person will be denied if their credit history is small or none, if they have had prior bankruptcy, or what sort of health insurance they have, because we've not reached that point yet. If the government requires income you find a way to get that income, you twist yourself in knots to get the paperwork, and you do what you have to do - because it is your responsibility to do so and to prove self sufficiency. We have seen time and time again couples not even thinking about health insurance or providing their spouse access to medical care.. some were realizing the responsibility and others just didn't care. Now, it's my opinion it is not the government's job to make people be responsible with their finances or health care - but it is their responsibility to ensure that prior rules are being followed regarding public charge. Some of the rule's goal is to do that, despite my disagreement with the methods used.

You will need to ensure everything is in hand financially and carefully file this paperwork, ideally before the October deadline or it is possible you could have a lot more additional issues at hand, though we do not know for sure. If you intend on using a joint sponsor, please ensure that their financials are also in hand and that they understand the seriousness of actually being on the hook with a binding contract.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to  data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American. 0 are Indonesian

Doesn't matter, you must still anyways prove that she will not become a public charge. Also last I checked, Indonesia IS in Asia. So Indonesians would be Asian. No?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline

@yuna628 well , if I could obtain my divorce decrees quickly and file before October (do you know the deadline ?) I would and will. Someone said it won’t make a difference because by the time they got to my paperwork it would surpass the deadline anyway. How do I guarantee a  time stamp ? I mean , if I am mailing from Indonesia once I have everything , how will they know it was mailed off before October unless I certify mail it ? Will they except this ? We were scared to rush everything by ourselves and then miss something. I have to still appeal first anyway right? Will that be our time / date stamp of let’s say sept 27 2019?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.