TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

Sorry i meant noa1. So what service station am i, what doe ioe means?

Take a deep breath and read and read and read. 

You got an IOE receipt for your NOA1 it was assigned to the Nebraska Service Center. It sucks. Yes it's currently a long wait. It can speed up who knows. 

IOE is just the new efiling system. It will eventually speed things up but right now it's business as usual. 

You could try to file for a k-3 (it's free it's the i-129f form) in hopes that it speeds up your approval but it's not guaranteed. It has worked for many members. Just know if by the super slim chance you get a k-3 approved. You'll need to know the consequences of it. Like adjustment of status etc.  

Anyway read and read and when you think you read enough. Read some more. 

Also film out your timeline. Unless you want everyone to respond to you with "Fill your timeline" instead of answering your questions. :time:

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Just a thought - next year is election year. This would be a good opportunity to highlight this issue. 

I think politicians are sensitive to their constituents/support groups, which is probably one of the reasons for them rattling the cage ....

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/press-releases/2019/bipartisan-group-of-36-senators-calls-uscis

USCIS did respond to that, and I believe the accountability authority is supposed to kick off an investigation. 

What we can do is highlight the issue of the IR applicants .... 

It's probably just the despair in me speaking, so I apologize for the upcoming rant, but I just need to get it out of my system. But why hack the system with sending I-129s?

I don't know how the paperwork is assigned to officials in these offices, but what if sending all these extra paperwork is one of the reasons why the processing times get longer and longer? Makes me think that maybe some official could be already looking at my case, but now (s)he has to look through all these other cases instead. What if I receive my approval weeks later because officials are busy looking through the I-130s that come along with the I-129s. I-129s that people don't actually need for its intended purposes.  

I know that we CAN send the I-129 application, it's not breaking the law, but people here do it for different reasons that it's not meant for. So, SHOULD we? It's hacking and overexhausting a system that is already very slow. Yes, I understand that people do it out of the desperation of being reunited with their close ones as soon as possible. I'm sick and tired of being away from my husband too. But it feels unfair that our wait is being stretched longer and longer, just because we want to do it correctly and play it by the book.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, S&J2013 said:

Out of interest did you get an IOE receipt number in June or was yours still one of the normal Nebraska receipt numbers?

we filed beginning of July, have IOE receipt for Nebraska and we posted our I-129f Thursday so waiting on the NOA1 for that at the moment. Will be following your journey and hoping for a similar process time 😊

I got the LIN number from the Get-Go. I have not received an IOE number in any of my two receipt notices (for I-130, and I-129F). 

Timeline
1 hour ago, hihilulu said:

It's probably just the despair in me speaking, so I apologize for the upcoming rant, but I just need to get it out of my system. But why hack the system with sending I-129s?

I don't know how the paperwork is assigned to officials in these offices, but what if sending all these extra paperwork is one of the reasons why the processing times get longer and longer? Makes me think that maybe some official could be already looking at my case, but now (s)he has to look through all these other cases instead. What if I receive my approval weeks later because officials are busy looking through the I-130s that come along with the I-129s. I-129s that people don't actually need for its intended purposes.  

I know that we CAN send the I-129 application, it's not breaking the law, but people here do it for different reasons that it's not meant for. So, SHOULD we? It's hacking and overexhausting a system that is already very slow. Yes, I understand that people do it out of the desperation of being reunited with their close ones as soon as possible. I'm sick and tired of being away from my husband too. But it feels unfair that our wait is being stretched longer and longer, just because we want to do it correctly and play it by the book.

The number of people filing for the I-129F is insignificant compared to the all the I-130 petitioners who are not aware of this loophole/anomaly. How many people that file their petition actually create an account on VisaJourney and track the forums? A very small percentage...and also the people that are aware of this I-129F option are even smaller. What? Maybe 50-100 people are doing this per month in comparison to the 8,000 other cases they need to process for August? I am curious to know exactly how many people are filing their I-129F with their I-130 to see if it in reality has any significant impact in "slowing" down the system. 

22 minutes ago, David & Olga said:

The number of people filing for the I-129F is insignificant compared to the all the I-130 petitioners who are not aware of this loophole/anomaly. How many people that file their petition actually create an account on VisaJourney and track the forums? A very small percentage...and also the people that are aware of this I-129F option are even smaller. What? Maybe 50-100 people are doing this per month in comparison to the 8,000 other cases they need to process for August? I am curious to know exactly how many people are filing their I-129F with their I-130 to see if it in reality has any significant impact in "slowing" down the system. 

And many that already file because it's an option but are clueless of the denial rates and get surprise approvals or the clueless form filer lawyers that also file as part of a package. 

2 hours ago, hihilulu said:

It's all about this question. "Am I doing everything I can to get my love one here?"

If you're content is just filing and forgetting more power to you. 

If you're like me. I'm going to do everything I can to get it done. I unfortunately didn't get to file it but I did some crazy things that pretty much normal people don't do because they fear retaliation in one form or another. I was on the fence on thinking it wouldn't work went on my vacation (still here 2 months got 2.5 weeks left) I was going to file as soon as I got back but luckily my random emails and adding people on LinkedIn Facebook etc might have some effect. I know I wouldn't want someone messaging me through social media about how my employer sucks. So maybe someone pushed my petition through. 

If more people got upset there will be system wide changes but again even if everyone on VJ got their pitchforks out. We would still be a small percentage of what's filed. Anyways. 

Just ask yourself. If you feel comfortable if what you've done then you're good but if you're not like most of us are we will try anything to be reunited with our spouses. 

You should see me in the Philippines getting a PSA employee from a lgu in trouble for delays having to travel across a province to answer questions about my mother in law's birth certificate. Even my PH family members were upset that I crossed lines that no one cares but now they are boasting that I got the lady in trouble and my mother in law's birth certificate fixed. I fear no public servant might get me killed here in the PH but not in America. As US Citizens we shouldn't fear our public servants and we shouldn't put up with mismanagement. 

That's my rant

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

1 hour ago, S&J2013 said:

So are you saying that people who also expedite their case at the various stages or do DCF are also cheating the system? (Im sure there’s way more people who do those than file for the K3) As that’s exactly the same thing! 

They are all perfectly legal and viable options for getting your spouse to you aswell. 

Almost everyone has the option to file the K3 if they wanted, at the end of the day it’s your choice and it’s not cheating the system. If uscis didn’t want to process them they would completely remove the option to apply for it. We all pay the same fees, yet depending which service center we get sent to determines how long we have to wait, how is that fair? Someone applied same day as us but got Potomac but we got Nebraska, so they’ll likely be together 6 months sooner than we will? Of course we’re going to do what we can to try to reduce that time. 

Agreed!! I Don’t Understand Why People feel That others are cheating the system when it’s CLEARLY legal to do..smh 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ We all are stressed out and ready to be with our loves ones .”. just let people be and quit worrying about others and what they doing .. what works for you might not works for others... “ Rant over lol 😊 

Peace & Love !! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, LilyJ said:

The I-129fs being filed was not really a common thing until just a few months ago. The times have been getting longer and longer far before people started sending in I-129f. And as others have said, the I-129f amount is so minuscule compared to the amount of I-130s and other petitions. Keep in mind, August 2018 received 8000 I-130 petitions alone. That is way way before people starting submitting for K3. And even still the wait time grew longer and longer, without the K3s. The problem is not the K3s. It is the inefficiency and lack of care from Nebraska Service Center and USCIS.

Agree!!  My refrain is always, direct any and all frustration to where it is deserved...USCIS.  I think it’s strange to expect people not to make use of any and all visas/forms/processes to which they are entitled. If you read the I-129f criteria and check all the boxes, then why not file it. 

Interestingly, with great accuracy, I can predict the I-130 PD of almost all who object to the K-3 filers... July/August/September 2018 (I.e. too far gone to expect the K-3 to be of any benefit).

Timeline
2 hours ago, LilyJ said:

The I-129fs being filed was not really a common thing until just a few months ago. The times have been getting longer and longer far before people started sending in I-129f. And as others have said, the I-129f amount is so minuscule compared to the amount of I-130s and other petitions. Keep in mind, August 2018 received 8000 I-130 petitions alone. That is way way before people starting submitting for K3. And even still the wait time grew longer and longer, without the K3s. The problem is not the K3s. It is the inefficiency and lack of care from Nebraska Service Center and USCIS.

Did you submit a I-129F (e)? 

Hi guys, after a while, we recieved an update on our case saying that my name was updated. Not entirely sure if it means just that, or something better (that they're actually working on the case and they will decide soon? Am I being too optimistic here? 🤪)

Our timeline

10-2018  I-130 NOA1 (this letter had beneficiaries' name and birthdate misspelled, their mistake)

10-2018 Called USCIS and let them know about the mistakes

11-2018 Sent letter explaining the situation and provided them with the correct spelling and birthdate

06-2019 Sent another letter, plus beneficiaries' passport photocopy as proof of real name and birthdate

07-2019 I-129f NOA1

08-2019 I-130 "My name was updated" showing on My case status

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Talo said:

Hi guys, after a while, we recieved an update on our case saying that my name was updated. Not entirely sure if it means just that, or something better (that they're actually working on the case and they will decide soon? Am I being too optimistic here? 🤪)

Our timeline

10-2018  I-130 NOA1 (this letter had beneficiaries' name and birthdate misspelled, their mistake)

10-2018 Called USCIS and let them know about the mistakes

11-2018 Sent letter explaining the situation and provided them with the correct spelling and birthdate

06-2019 Sent another letter, plus beneficiaries' passport photocopy as proof of real name and birthdate

07-2019 I-129f NOA1

08-2019 I-130 "My name was updated" showing on My case status

Evident in the fact that you submitted a I-129F last month, they're probably looking at your case right now and could receive a adjudication on your case soon based on the recent trends. Your NOA1 for I-130 is October 2018, which is much later than where we stand with the current PDs for I-130s. All is conjecture - no way of telling what they're up to behind those closed doors. Best of luck. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
31 minutes ago, David & Olga said:

Did you submit a I-129F (e)? 

My I129f was received on 7/31/19 so 3 weeks ago 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.