29 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, gsar said:

Hello, we are planning using that service too, it works fast? ( i know its at my own risk) thanks

"Rapid" is just part of the company's name. With a service or not, everyone goes into the same queue. There is no "fast" in US family-based immigration.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Rachel Becker said:

Has anyone used a lawyer or an online service to help them with the K1 visa application? Looking for a recommendation. 

We did our own applications.  Pretty simple.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, PeterMalek said:

I did my application on my own and no attorney was really needed but you can gather all the documents and review it with an attorney before submitting to be confident and they should charge very cheap to review your case. $100-200 

I hope this will help and GOOD LUCK!

No, you CANNOT.

I've recently discovered a sad fact: attorney will either take you case (and there will be his/her signature on I-129F) or they won't even take a look at any form. So, they can give you some general suggestions but none related to I-129F.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, gsar said:

Hello, we are planning using that service too, it works fast? ( i know its at my own risk) thanks

We used Rapid Visa or should I say “paid for the services” and was no help for us as we prepared everything regardless. 

We sent it into them for a second set of eyes on the I129f. 

We paid around $400 for that and probably could have had it looked over by family. Just my opinion of course and we are at the interview stage and did not use them after the initial packet. 

Good luck on your journey but as others have commented, no one will take the care of your case better than the two of you. Nor does anyone know you two better than the both of you. 

Sarah n Ryan. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have to agree with the majority here. Why pay an attorney or 'visa service' when you can do the same thing yourself? They or any other 'service' won't get it completed any faster than you will. Look at it like this: If you make a mistake, you have to blame yourself, if they make a mistake, you have to fight with them over the mistake and in the end you will blame yourself for using them. So cut out the middleman!

USCIS I-129F Petition:   image.png.5e26813a0fee6f4065ce829758e29731.png      

image.png.66176722dd07631b884c6730df9ff788.pngimage.png.63696e1e1440439256be59ac086d18bb.png

Dept of State K1 Visa:   image.png.9a78db6ac742a01a01d0b157963311c8.png       image.png.8b2371c75847cbfbc45e7dc896f8ba1f.pngimage.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png
USCIS I-485 Petition:   

image.png.465aaf5ca7c51799120b0fab7f99afe5.png

image.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png

8 hours ago, Yakov72 said:

No, you CANNOT.

I've recently discovered a sad fact: attorney will either take you case (and there will be his/her signature on I-129F) or they won't even take a look at any form. So, they can give you some general suggestions but none related to I-129F.

Some attorneys will review your forms and documents, and provide their legal advice.

Did they tell you their local bar was preventing them to offer these services? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
21 hours ago, Rachel Becker said:

Thanks everyone. Does anyone have any advice about getting “married” in Israel before getting the K1 visa? My finance and I were planning on getting married without the rabbinut (not legally) and then getting legally married in the US when he gets the visa. I know someone who did this. However, I’ve seen other posts on visa journey that warned against doing this. Any advice? 

Yes. My advice is to avoid it at all costs (if you are Jews). Once you get married in Israel, even NOT through the Rabbinical Courts, the divorce must be done using the Rabbinical court. It has to be a consensual “GET” meaning that if one party refuses to divorce, you might be stuck in an unwanted marriage for years. 

Btw, I’m not sure what you meant by “married”. In Israel you are either married (religious+civil) or not married. Getting married not using the rabbinical court is illegal in Israel. 

Edited by Gomast

12 hours ago, gsar said:

You will do 90% of the work and they will get 100% of your money)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Don't "marry" unofficially. If they come across it, they'll outright deny your K1 as being too married (yes thats a thing for them).

CR-1 take a little tiny bit longer, but you get green card from get-go. 

RapidVisa, as much as i've seen in 2 years here, 30% of people were happy with services, 70% were grilling them. Sooooo.. They'll give you to fill out the same information on different format and send it in. Many RFE's and problems for RapidVisa missing critical information. Why have someone between You and USCIS, when your case is straight forward; You'd be adding another person and increasing chances of overlooking/forgetting something?

This site has tremendous resources to help you with filing basically any visa. Everyone will help you here and direct You. If it was 2001, i'd probably use a lawyer, but since its 2019, and there is VisaJourney, it's kind of pointless waste of money, unless you have a very complicated case (i.e. previous convictions, adoptions, marriages, divorces, sketchy immigration status, previous immigration infringements)

I did K-1 last year, but i advise to do CR-1/IR1 for everyone. It's cheaper, more efficient, less of a headache, no need for status adjustment, and if you take 2 year period from filing, you'll have green card with Spouse visa, vs K-1 most likely (depending on local office) you'll be probably still waiting for Adjustment of Status interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
15 hours ago, gsar said:

It wasn't any faster, the government works at their own speed, but they ensure everything is correct and make it very easy to enter information on all the forms.  They review the documents and let you know if anything (evidence etc.) is missing or unclear that could cause an RFE. I didn't have time to focus on the applications, very busy with work, so the service was a life saver for me.  Overall excellent experience using them.

Dan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, vistawateraz said:

It wasn't any faster, the government works at their own speed, but they ensure everything is correct and make it very easy to enter information on all the forms.  They review the documents and let you know if anything (evidence etc.) is missing or unclear that could cause an RFE. I didn't have time to focus on the applications, very busy with work, so the service was a life saver for me.  Overall excellent experience using them.

Dan

From the day the got all your information on their hands how much time they took to send the package to start the process? thank you very much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 8/7/2019 at 8:24 AM, gsar said:

From the day the got all your information on their hands how much time they took to send the package to start the process? thank you very much

Not really sure, maybe a few days.  I know a bunch of people on this site did their own paperwork, and a applaud them.  I just didn't have the time and didn't want any errors that could slow down the process. For us, it was money well spent. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.