Chi2019

K1 VISA - (New Be)Urgent !!!!

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, radharose said:

Okay, not an overstay, but you've had some sticky situation regarding your status in the UK and you want to know if the U.S. immigration will find out about it and if it will cause you trouble with the K1 visa.  It would help to know where you plan to interview--will you be returning to Nigeria, or will you try to interview in the UK?  Are you currently in the UK, and what is your current legal status there?  You said you had a document revoked, but were granted an appeal.   Was that a visa?  Are you currently appealing the revocation of the document, or was this in the past?

I intend to attend the interview in Lagos

I am returning Nigeria

Current Legal Status : Appeal right given

it was a  spouse visa for 5 yrs and filed for a divorce which granted by the court in 2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And now an American girl. :pop: like prying teeth most the time for people to give information so others can give reasonable answers.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

And now an American girl. :pop: like prying teeth most the time for people to give information so others can give reasonable answers.

Hey! I'm American! I've been pressing for the whole stinkin story since this thread began.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

If you dont have anything to say you might as well not respond. Thank u.

2 minutes ago, Chi2019 said:

If you dont have anything to say you might as well not respond. Thank u.

You have avoided my questions this entire time.

Tell us the complete story. How can you expect anyone to help you if you are not being truthful?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Chi2019 said:

I intend to attend the interview in Lagos

I am returning Nigeria

Current Legal Status : Appeal right given

it was a  spouse visa for 5 yrs and filed for a divorce which granted by the court in 2014

When will you be returning to Nigeria, just for the interview, or do you plan to return there anyway?  Will you return before filing the K1?  If so, I doubt your immigration status in the UK will come up during the K1, unless you have a criminal record in the UK and it shows on your police report.  If you will be providing a UK address when you file for the K1 and you are still living there, then they might look more closely at it.  From what I hear around these forums, Nigeria can be a highly scrutinized country for U.S. immigration.

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Read the whole thread and I'm still lost.

Why is this urgent?

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, radharose said:

When will you be returning to Nigeria, just for the interview, or do you plan to return there anyway?  Will you return before filing the K1?  If so, I doubt your immigration status in the UK will come up during the K1, unless you have a criminal record in the UK and it shows on your police report.  If you will be providing a UK address when you file for the K1 and you are still living there, then they might look more closely at it.  From what I hear around these forums, Nigeria can be a highly scrutinized country for U.S. immigration.

I intend to return to Nigeria to attend the interview. Will return at the end of this year.

I do not have any criminal record

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mezyan said:

Because you are Nigerian, I would front load your petition. Nigeria is a difficult consulate.

Can you throw more light into what you have just replied.? Are you a Nigerian ? What is your experience with the USA consulate in Nigeria?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not Nigerian. But my fiance is also from a high risk country with a difficult consulate, so when I sent in my petition I front loaded. I included airplane tickets, passport stamps, chat transcripts, pictures from video chats, pictures of us together, stamps from letters showing when they were sent and a few other things. That way when the petition gets to the consulate they have more of a story of your journey and hopefully it is enough with the interview to prove a bona fide relationship.

3 minutes ago, Chi2019 said:

Can you throw more light into what you have just replied.? Are you a Nigerian ? What is your experience with the USA consulate in Nigeria?

Seriously?

Look, dude/ma'am. You've been asked multiple times in this thread to explain your entire situation because we KNOW a lot of useful information, but it is useless to sit here and try to help you if you will not tell us what is going on.

You can avoid us, but by avoiding people who have a lot of knowledge, you are only hurting yourself.

Nigeria is notorious for visa scams and for harder than usual interviews at the consulate. If you are doubtful, do your own googling or please start letting us help you by telling us your situation. Otherwise, this is a waste of your time and ours.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wait...now it's Nigeria? Didn't you say UK and Switzerland in the beginning...? One minute you're the beneficiary, then another you refer to the person potentially having overstayed a visa (presumably a/the beneficiary) in third person. I'm confused.

Bottom line - study the guides for the particular via you intent (or your partner intends) to apply for. The guides are pretty clear, I would have BOTH of you read it multiple times with a fine tooth comb. Also research ALL steps, from beginning to end (not JUST the process for applying) to be sure you are BOTH on the same page as far as what to expect, now and down the road. Arming yourself with knowledge is a huge beneficial factor.

Research what type of evidence is considered sufficient - I would even suggest researching this based on the country of citizenship you are applying from, as some countries are considered high fraud compared to others. Nigeria is one of them.

If you search the forums for "Nigeria + [visa you are applying for]", you will find a plethora of information, specific to your scenario.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Okay, so OP has the Nigerian nationality and had currently run out of status (waiting for the appeal) in the UK and will be the beneficiary for a K-1.

A couple of things:

- why not wait with this K1 until you have clarity on your status in the UK

- the petitioner needs to file for you so I think it is better that she joins this forum to get some guidance

- just take your time before getting into Immigration issues (again), this way you will not have to look over your shoulder all the time.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.