andrewfromdenver

fiance visa from PHILIPPINES

34 posts in this topic

hello everyone....like the screename implies....im andrew....from denver....and i plan to meet then marry a BEAUTIFUL filipina who i have been talking to awhile.

a few quick questions....(i read alot of this site and will read much more...sorry if redundant)

the day i land in manila or the next day may i submit K-1 if i already have it filled out? and can i walk in and pay the fee and file at us embassy??

i asked this on another thread....but does medical exam have to be done in manila? can she do it in her province? the USCIS "find my doctor" section on their site lists a doctor much closer to her.

i am going to philippines in july....is there anything i can download and fill out here in usa and take care of while i am there instead of snail mail? and is there anything i need signed by her on any forms? i just think it ill be faster to take papers with me and already have them when i come back....

any suggestions to make the process smoother/faster?? i have 3 months to work on it

i was going to use "filipino visa" but their $3180 does not include filing fees......and their payment plan breaks it up in 4 months.....pretty steep!!!

is there any other agency that picks her up from airport, boards her, takes to med exam, coaches her on the manila side for interview??

thanks,,,that's all i have for now....i'm sure i will have much more before its all done.......and then i can give someone guidance haha

have a good weekend everbody

thanks everyone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think you're a bit confused here

• If you want to marry your fiancee before she comes to the US, your wife will want to apply for a CR-1 visa, not a K-1 (in either case, first you file a petition, and then if it's approved, she files for a visa). The CR-1 process takes longer to get to the US, but has a lot of advantages when you do. However, marrying a foreigner in the PI is not as simple as it would be in the US; others have rather more expertise than me on this (since my wife is Russian, came to the US on a K-1, and we married in the US).
  • Prep services and lawyers are of minimal value in most cases for the K-1 or CR-1 process. Although tedious, there's nothing particularly difficult about the forms, and you can ask here about any questions than confuse you.
  • The biggest thing to make the process smoother is to read up about everything involved in every step of the process, so you know what's coming and aren't surprised (we run into people here assuming things are done with the petition approval, or who don't know that after your fiancee arrives in the US on a K-1 she needs to go through the adjustment of status process to get a green card). Lawyers and prep services cannot make things go faster.
K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, andrewfromdenver said:

hello everyone....like the screename implies....im andrew....from denver....and i plan to meet then marry a BEAUTIFUL filipina who i have been talking to awhile.

a few quick questions....(i read alot of this site and will read much more...sorry if redundant)

the day i land in manila or the next day may i submit K-1 if i already have it filled out? and can i walk in and pay the fee and file at us embassy??

i asked this on another thread....but does medical exam have to be done in manila? can she do it in her province? the USCIS "find my doctor" section on their site lists a doctor much closer to her.

i am going to philippines in july....is there anything i can download and fill out here in usa and take care of while i am there instead of snail mail? and is there anything i need signed by her on any forms? i just think it ill be faster to take papers with me and already have them when i come back....

any suggestions to make the process smoother/faster?? i have 3 months to work on it

i was going to use "filipino visa" but their $3180 does not include filing fees......and their payment plan breaks it up in 4 months.....pretty steep!!!

is there any other agency that picks her up from airport, boards her, takes to med exam, coaches her on the manila side for interview??

thanks,,,that's all i have for now....i'm sure i will have much more before its all done.......and then i can give someone guidance haha

thanks everyone

Petition is filed stateside.   There is no walking into the embassy and paying fees for it.  After the petition is approved and sent to Manila,  then and only them will your fiancee pay the Visa fee, schedule her interview,  get the medical done, attend the Interview,  if successful get the Visa, attend CFO. 

Then and only then is she ready to depart. 

You have near 9 mos after initial filing for this whole thing to go from start to finish 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I agree with @Boiler on this one. Give it a little time. Have you ever been to the Philippines, or is it your first trip? If it is your first trip, and your not in the know how countries like the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia operate ( I've been to all of them many times) your in for a shock. Took me 10 years of searching to find my fiancee in Thailand in the middle of nowhere while lost in my rental car completely by accident, and I have never been happier. Just keep an open mind and don't lock yourself into anything. I'm not saying she isn't the one, but just be careful is all I am trying to say.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the What Visa Do I Need forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, andrewfromdenver said:

You can file for K1 as soon as you actually meet your fiance face to face.  You dont have to be in Manila to file. 

You definately cannot just walk to the embassy, file and pay there. That's NOT how it works. The petion is send to the address of USCIS in US. 

She can do her medical with any embassy approved doctor. 

YOU have 3 months? Honestly USCIS doesn't care how much time you have.  Fiance Visa process takes about 10 months or longer from start to finish and only last part of it happens in the embassy. You cannot make it faster. 

You realize that after Visa process comes AOS process right? Gotta apply for your fiance green card after wedding in the US and that will also take another year to approve?

Prepare about 1200$ for AOS fees also. 

If you're so clueless about the whole thing it might be a good idea to let someone else take care of your process. 

Yes. Its called a taxi. She's and adult right? She cant go to those places alone?

You haven't even met this person and you're already having all those plans. Let me guess - you're older American Male and she's much younger girl? Be aware that the whole process (k1 - aos - roc - citizenship ) will take YEARS and a lot of money. Make sure you actually get to know that girl before you commit to all of that. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

And as other had noted, if you plan on marrying in Manila then you need cr1 spouse Visa. Cant do that one in 3 months either, sorry. More like 12 months. You should check the Guides section. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

18 hours ago, andrewfromdenver said:

thanks everyone

When you say you “have three months” are you talking about the amount of time you have before you meet her? You are wanting to know what you can do in advance to get ahead of the game? She might not even be the one. Of course she’s showering you with love messages at this stage. Take time to get to know her. The process is very long. If you’re under the impression you can meet, propose, go to the embassy and file all in one week and bring her back with you, you’re very much mistaken. 

I’d actually suggest you do the “does she really love me or does she just want a new life for herself (and the rest of her family - be aware that this is usually part of the plan for young ladies from that part of the world, marry, citizenship, file for parents and siblings)” by suggesting to her that you would like to relocate to the Philippines to live with her. If she really loves you, she will be delighted at the prospect. If she’s hesitant, it was never about you. If she’s the one, she’s worth the wait. 

If you think $3180 is steep then you’re in for a shock. With all the fees, moving costs, AOS fees, ROC fees, her not able to work for many months, healthcare for a new immigrant, etc you’re going to be close to $10k lighter by the end of all this. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JFH said:

close to $10k lighter by the end of all this. 

I wish this was true

YMMV

Timeline

Well the OP is gone clearly but hopefully they go actually study the guides and assess the finances required and don't just jump into it blindly. Least they are asking questions.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

On 5/4/2019 at 12:36 AM, andrewfromdenver said:

Hi Andrew,

Just to clarify - if you do indeed decide to to get married, this needs to be based upon you and this lady having a genuine relationship. I’m not saying this from a I’m-trying-to-tell-you-how-to-live-your-life perspective - but from a visa interview perspective, that’s what they’re looking for...so there isn’t a way to coach her for the interview, as it’s not like learning all the states for a school test. 

If if she loves you and you guys are genuinely in a relationship, that’s what she needs to demonstrate - so she shouldn’t need coaching. 

Good luck with with your journey.

• 1 year later...

hello everyone i am back....its been 2 years since i made this post

many of you had the assumption i was planning to marry total stranger

but i met her and her sister in 2018, they were working a cruise ship that boarded in hawaii and werent allowed to get off boat....my little brother worked food distro and i accompanied him on a delivery.....then we started talking for about a year before i decided to go to philippines which was 3 months after i made this post

i still had alot to learn about the process

and i understand that why many of you assumed i was some old horny white guy jumping in a marital relationship with some youngster....at least i do now after visiting the philippines

i am taos pueblo/southern ute..... and i connected with her and family over the similarities of our cultures.....trust me they treat white people much different...i seen it

anyways i filed for my k-1 visa august 2019, after spending a month with her family

and it got accepted and sent to the NVA....she was supposed to be have appt estimated april of 2020

then covid happened

now my uscis case been sent to NVC over a year....and no matter what i do i cannot get any info out of them except telling me to wait....with no explanations

my lawyer even had my congresswoman try to get info but all we got was "wait"

its affecting me relationship and now going to be 2 years since i seen her......and i have no idea when duterte will let me come visit

any suggestions?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, andrewfromdenver said:

hello everyone i am back....its been 2 years since i made this post

many of you had the assumption i was planning to marry total stranger

but i met her and her sister in 2018, they were working a cruise ship that boarded in hawaii and werent allowed to get off boat....my little brother worked food distro and i accompanied him on a delivery.....then we started talking for about a year before i decided to go to philippines which was 3 months after i made this post

i still had alot to learn about the process

and i understand that why many of you assumed i was some old horny white guy jumping in a marital relationship with some youngster....at least i do now after visiting the philippines

i am taos pueblo/southern ute..... and i connected with her and family over the similarities of our cultures.....trust me they treat white people much different...i seen it

anyways i filed for my k-1 visa august 2019, after spending a month with her family

and it got accepted and sent to the NVA....she was supposed to be have appt estimated april of 2020

then covid happened

now my uscis case been sent to NVC over a year....and no matter what i do i cannot get any info out of them except telling me to wait....with no explanations

my lawyer even had my congresswoman try to get info but all we got was "wait"

its affecting me relationship and now going to be 2 years since i seen her......and i have no idea when duterte will let me come visit

any suggestions?

There are thousands similarly situated.   Until borders are opened or Manila resumes normal processing,  nothing much you can do 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.