andrewfromdenver

fiance visa from PHILIPPINES

34 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, andrewfromdenver said:

hello everyone i am back....its been 2 years since i made this post

many of you had the assumption i was planning to marry total stranger

but i met her and her sister in 2018, they were working a cruise ship that boarded in hawaii and werent allowed to get off boat....my little brother worked food distro and i accompanied him on a delivery.....then we started talking for about a year before i decided to go to philippines which was 3 months after i made this post

i still had alot to learn about the process

and i understand that why many of you assumed i was some old horny white guy jumping in a marital relationship with some youngster....at least i do now after visiting the philippines

i am taos pueblo/southern ute..... and i connected with her and family over the similarities of our cultures.....trust me they treat white people much different...i seen it

anyways i filed for my k-1 visa august 2019, after spending a month with her family

and it got accepted and sent to the NVA....she was supposed to be have appt estimated april of 2020

then covid happened

now my uscis case been sent to NVC over a year....and no matter what i do i cannot get any info out of them except telling me to wait....with no explanations

my lawyer even had my congresswoman try to get info but all we got was "wait"

its affecting me relationship and now going to be 2 years since i seen her......and i have no idea when duterte will let me come visit

any suggestions?

Maldives is a great options, some say Costa Rica is a great option as well to meet her in person, since duterte won't let you in

19 hours ago, andrewfromdenver said:

its affecting me relationship and now going to be 2 years since i seen her......and i have no idea when duterte will let me come visit

any suggestions?

I would fly her to a country where she can enter without a visa, there are like 60 plus countries, find one where you can get married in.  Get married and then you can apply for a visa and enter the Philippines with here.  They have a Balikbayan Visa/Privilege where you can enter Philippines with your wife and get a one year stay no charge, and the best thing is when you leave you don't need an exit clearance.

• 8 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 9:14 AM, andrewfromdenver said:

hello everyone i am back....its been 2 years since i made this post

many of you had the assumption i was planning to marry total stranger

but i met her and her sister in 2018, they were working a cruise ship that boarded in hawaii and werent allowed to get off boat....my little brother worked food distro and i accompanied him on a delivery.....then we started talking for about a year before i decided to go to philippines which was 3 months after i made this post

i still had alot to learn about the process

and i understand that why many of you assumed i was some old horny white guy jumping in a marital relationship with some youngster....at least i do now after visiting the philippines

i am taos pueblo/southern ute..... and i connected with her and family over the similarities of our cultures.....trust me they treat white people much different...i seen it

anyways i filed for my k-1 visa august 2019, after spending a month with her family

and it got accepted and sent to the NVA....she was supposed to be have appt estimated april of 2020

then covid happened

now my uscis case been sent to NVC over a year....and no matter what i do i cannot get any info out of them except telling me to wait....with no explanations

my lawyer even had my congresswoman try to get info but all we got was "wait"

any suggestions?

Hi! Yes, people can only know  from what you posted on your original topic. I bet it's hard on you not being able to see her.  I know that for sure coz i haven't seen my daughters since the pandemic and its really painful.

Pandemic made all the process even more slower.I dont have any suggestion for you. Looking back( had we known)  it would have been cool if you married her there so then you can go and visit her during this pandemic. Coz thats the only way you can enter the Philippines for now . I hope it will all get better for all of us. I wish you all the best

• 3 months later...

update.....if anyone even cares

anyways it was a long almost 3 years for me......i had planned to go back and see my girl march 2020 and she was supposed to come here may/june/july of that year.....but we all know what happened

so when they announced in feb that they were finally opening march 10 i got my tix and was flying out march 20.....and spent a very good 3 weeks with my girl and family....and hit the reset button on our relationship which we really needed....alot of problems come from being kept apart

anyways.....while i was out there she finally got the same letter i got on jan 4.......saying she will be receiving more instructions about process/could take several weeks blah blah blah......you know the letter

well.....i dont know how long that will take......we finished her ds-160 but cant hit submit until i check the box that she received the packet........and well....we havent received it yet....is a letter sent out jan 4 reaching mindanao beginning of april common? if that is so well the packet also take that long? i was under assumption that it will be sent from embassy there.....but if from usa am i in for another long wait? i filed in august of 2019 dammit i am getting a bit impatient

ALSO....her sister is OFW and she had been caring for her niece.....since march 2019.......while i was away she got very attached to this little girl and i had watched her grow up by video.....so now i am planning to adopt her (was my idea) and bring her here for school and better opportunity (her mom is on board). I know now that adoption should be easy in philippines....for families of OFWs (its more or less just signing parental rights over to family member who had child for minimum 2 years). but how hard is it going to be to bring the little girl here to usa?

i am gonna be an "uncle/daddy" and truthfully i am excited. the only thing i cant provide for her is tribal benefits......anything else i want to make sure she has

any thoughts?

by the way this has nothing to do with nothing.......but i only met one cool american in davao.....he rented me a car

the rest of em especially the ones on the plane  made me want to slap them

yelling and screaming about how much better usa is.....about how covid is a hoax and they were forced to take vaccine to go and freedom and whatever treating filipino SOLDIERS like servants....saw someone yelling at staff at a mall over masks.....and they looked at me a total stranger who would never consort with them here in my country much less overseas to co-sign for them.....a few times i was randomly approached by euro-americans and they wanted to have conversation with me about how they thought the one health pass was BS

the other times i went there i noticed it too but this time around things were worse.....im tired of euro-americans thinking the whole world needs to follow THEIR standards....the world is much bigger than their echo-chamber bubble....i a sovereign country wants to implement rules you dont like its their business....you have absolutely NO say in the matter

all i gotta say is staying home is also an option too if you want to practice your freedom.....save some money.....flex your liberty muscles in the mirror not at philippine airports

embarrassing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Bringing an adopted child to the US is not really DIY, but yes you having legal custody for 2 years is usually the norm

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
9 minutes ago, andrewfromdenver said:

my lawyer going to help me

Excellent 

Please keep us updated 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, andrewfromdenver said:

my lawyer going to help me

I recommend you consult with another immigration lawyer.  It is very, very unlikely that US immigration will accept as valid an adoption of a child who is not an orphan, not abandoned, and whose living biological parent is actually mentally capable of raising the child and is in a loving relationship with the child.  Just think about it -- if that were possible, millions of Filipinos would be entrusting their children to relatives in the US for the sake of a better future for the children.  I could refer you to the actual criteria for non-orphan adoptions acceptable for US immigration, if your lawyer won't look that up for you.

13 hours ago, Chancy said:

I recommend you consult with another immigration lawyer.  It is very, very unlikely that US immigration will accept as valid an adoption of a child who is not an orphan, not abandoned, and whose living biological parent is actually mentally capable of raising the child and is in a loving relationship with the child.  Just think about it -- if that were possible, millions of Filipinos would be entrusting their children to relatives in the US for the sake of a better future for the children.  I could refer you to the actual criteria for non-orphan adoptions acceptable for US immigration, if your lawyer won't look that up for you.

its  valid in the philippines......and once the paperwork comes through he says its another i-29f filing and under k-2

being that philippines easily recognizes these adoptions makes the process easier he said

Timeline

Sounds more like your Fiance intends to adopt the child.

1 hour ago, andrewfromdenver said:

its  valid in the philippines......and once the paperwork comes through he says its another i-29f filing and under k-2

The child would not have been listed in the I-129F petition for your fiancee, right?  And the US embassy would see that the adoption was done only after the immigration process was started for the adoptive parent.  Yeah, good luck with that.

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

The child would not have been listed in the I-129F petition for your fiancee, right?  And the US embassy would see that the adoption was done only after the immigration process was started for the adoptive parent.  Yeah, good luck with that.

well yeah.....she was supposed to come alone ALOT SOONER but started caring for the child....became attached over 2 years ....like i said my girls was supposed to be here april/may 2020.....but the lockdown happened.....wasnt no ones fault.....im sure a good lawyer can help.....mine is confident he can

he is pretty successful as an immigration lawyer though filipinos are just a minute fraction of his clientele

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 4:21 PM, andrewfromdenver said:

well.....i dont know how long that will take......we finished her ds-160 but cant hit submit until i check the box that she received the packet........and well....we havent received it yet....is a letter sent out jan 4 reaching mindanao beginning of april common? if that is so well the packet also take that long? i was under assumption that it will be sent from embassy there.....but if from usa am i in for another long wait? i filed in august of 2019 dammit i am getting a bit impatient

There is no packet to receive. I have only heard of one person receiving a mailing and that was after the fiance already arrived in the US)) You just proceed like you received the mailing.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 hour ago, Carpe Vinum said:

There is no packet to receive. I have only heard of one person receiving a mailing and that was after the fiance already arrived in the US)) You just proceed like you received the mailing.

in the letter it said to wait for packet and letter with further instructions.......my lawyer said it should be medical packet that she takes sealed for her exam

right before i submit the ds-160 there are 2 boxes to check......one is to make sure i received that packet

i have not therefore i cannot submit ds-160

but i will ask lawyer if he heard of anybody checking the box and submitting anyways

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.