Jeff Gatson

Fiancevisa

20 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Jeff Gatson said:

How long does it take for rapid visa from start to finish to send your fiance their visa?

As a person that is using Rapid Visa, there is no exact timeline.  Once you send the paperwork to Rapid Visa for review and they mail it (within a few days or up to a week) to USCIS, then they no longer have control and the remainder of the wait is the same as anyone else, it depends on USCIS, NVC, local embassy, etc.  So, you are at the mercy of the government no matter what.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jeff Gatson said:

How long does it take for rapid visa from start to finish to send your fiance their visa?

Never 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't use them, they aren't even backed up "legally" so to say, they are just a preparation service that charges money to put together the same paperwork and information you can do for free. Like above also, they don't and can't guarantee anything.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I never used their service and thanks God I found VJ before considering in taking that route. If you follow the guidelines here and the help from VJ members then you can do this yourself and save the money. Rapid Visa does not guarantee a visa approval just so you know. They just fill up the forms with the information you provide them. 

31 minutes ago, Jeff Gatson said:

Only 1 week and they will deliver brand new, shiny VISA to your fiance's home. They will even add -50% coupon for the next visa!

But seriously. They don't issue or send visas. They just help fill out a simple form. Only USCIS and embassies (and NVC sometimes) take part in issuing visas.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

All the above posts are correct. With rapid visa you end up doing all the legwork anyway rounding up all the paperwork you need for the visa, then you fax/email/ send to them, and for the 600 dollars or so they transfer all the information you got anyway onto the I-129F. Save yourself the money and you can do it yourself in a few hours. Plenty of help on here, and you will be more careful about filling everything out because you know how important it is to be correct where to them you are just another 600 bucks in the bank and if something happens its too bad so sad have a nice day, and thanks for the money.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

AMEN to all these posts.  It is too bad I am already too much money down the drain. 😆  I found VJ after the fact, which is too bad.  But, you live and you learn!  As a person that is "using them" (let's be honest, I am too OCD to trust them blind), I would not recommend them because you DO all the work if you truly care for it being right anyways.  I reviewed and rechecked everything even before they did and I am planning to do the same as I continue with our green card.  One of the questions I had for them as I prepped our other packet was answered by VJ and my own research because the rep didn't even know what she was talking about.  To give you some perspective, I was working on the Affidavit of Support and making sure my numbers were entered properly and the explanation given on the field to be filled out on their website did not translate to the terms listed on the IRS filed taxes report.  So, to be safe, I asked the question through chat to which the rep indicated my X income was too low to sponsor my fiance, which I knew it was not the case.  She was counting my income as only being 24% of my actual income. HA!  So, for whatever reason, in her brain it made sense that government, IRS, whatever was taking 76% of my income.  COME ON!  OK, rant over, I am a happy camper. :) 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If one must hire a service, apparently a far more reliable one is Platinum ( www.fianceandspousevisa.com ).  They are authorized advertisers on VJ.  I have no connection with Platinum or any other advertiser on this site.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline
53 minutes ago, Jeff Gatson said:

They took around a week to review my file before sending it to USCIS. After that, it's in the government's hands and timelines. Rapid Visa cannot accelerate nor influence that in any way.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So you basically pay RapidVisa $600 to slow down your process by a week....  sounds like a great deal, and not even consistent with their name.  

I used them because my case was not a simple case, had zero problems and they actually found a couple of mistakes before sending to USCIS that I was able to correct. Well worth the little extra I spent, and I had no RFE and approved.

If you dont have anything that may necessarily complicate your case, then you should be fine without a service, but for me, the extra double and triple checking was worth it and saved me an RFE I think.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Prizm123 said:

I used them because my case was not a simple case, had zero problems and they actually found a couple of mistakes before sending to USCIS that I was able to correct. Well worth the little extra I spent, and I had no RFE and approved.

If you dont have anything that may necessarily complicate your case, then you should be fine without a service, but for me, the extra double and triple checking was worth it and saved me an RFE I think.

Same here, tbh. I probably would have gotten an RFE for not sending letters of intent or the Terms of Service for IMBRA regulations. Ofc I didnt know the effectiveness of Visa Journey then neither, but a second third and fourth pair of eyes doesnt hurt lol okay it hurts the wallet a little but that's it lol

It also helps that I have already paid them for AOS in monthly installments so thats one less thing to worry about next month when we file AOS.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

1 minute ago, celie&joseph said:

Same here, tbh. I probably would have gotten an RFE for not sending letters of intent or the Terms of Service for IMBRA regulations. Ofc I didnt know the effectiveness of Visa Journey then neither, but a second third and fourth pair of eyes doesnt hurt lol okay it hurts the wallet a little but that's it lol

It also helps that I have already paid them for AOS in monthly installments so thats one less thing to worry about next month when we file AOS.

yeah, that doesnt hurt, being able to pay installments

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.