Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 11:21 PM, Jensti said:

Im in chicago area as well thats why im asking

My status has been stuck on interview ready to be scheduled for 8 months now so im hoping i will get some news soon. 

I'm in Miami. My case stuck on interview to be scheduled for 6 months now. I'm out of processing time. Filed November 2019. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We filed i-751 in end of June and juat got biometrics appt. It's dated Sept 4th but we just got it today and the appt is in 2 days! The service center is MSC/NBC so just came here to follow for any info on processing times 😁

Also MSC, initially went through consular process, so destined for an interview.

biometrics fall 2019

ready to schedule an interview 6/2020

had interview beginning of 9/2021

No decision at the end of the interview, been waiting since.

Had gotten I551 stamp, but only good for 6 months as we had the interview scheduled at the time of obtaining the stamp. Been trying to start a new job, but they werent happy with a 6 months I551 stamp. 

Edited by Eggy

How long does it typically take for the status to show anything other than "My Case was Received" after biometrics were completed and they told my wife it was good and that they gave her the papers back stamped saying as such?

It's been since September 10th that she completed the biometrics at the Detroit USCIS field office and so far nothing has changed on her case status. Doesn't it usually update to Biometrics were taken?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, suss6052 said:

How long does it typically take for the status to show anything other than "My Case was Received" after biometrics were completed and they told my wife it was good and that they gave her the papers back stamped saying as such?

It's been since September 10th that she completed the biometrics at the Detroit USCIS field office and so far nothing has changed on her case status. Doesn't it usually update to Biometrics were taken?

mine status updates took almost one week. it was your fingerprint has been updated.

On 9/25/2021 at 8:15 AM, reejo173 said:

hi is there any one from msc who got approved without interview? i have seen in several groups that some dint have interview for CR1.

Getting conditions removed without interview does not happen as per USCIS flowchart on p. 27 of the dhs 2021 ombudsman report. It would be interesting to know indeed if anyone with an I751 at MSC and whose status is "waiting for an interview to be scheduled" gets approved without an interview. 

F9B6B866-27CA-4745-9E50-3E27A6953030.jpeg

On 10/3/2021 at 10:31 PM, Mill&bill said:

mine status updates took almost one week. it was your fingerprint has been updated.

Wow so lucky.  My wife had hers on August 25 and has yet to update. 

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:03 PM, suss6052 said:

My husband just has his today and already our USCIS case was updated! I wasn't expecting a less than 24-hour turnaround. Based in Portland, OR.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:29 PM, stussy said:

Getting conditions removed without interview does not happen as per USCIS flowchart on p. 27 of the dhs 2021 ombudsman report. It would be interesting to know indeed if anyone with an I751 at MSC and whose status is "waiting for an interview to be scheduled" gets approved without an interview. 

F9B6B866-27CA-4745-9E50-3E27A6953030.jpeg

Only time typically interview get waived if you already have interview in USA such as AOS. If you never had a interview, then you will have one and ones those needs interview goes to National Benefit Center. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My case was sent to NBC even before taking my biometrics, I took my appointment for biométrica, then New Orleans office gave me a RFE to update any change, I sent the RFE, and  then one month later my case status changed to GC being produced. So No interview I would think due previous AOS interview and enough evidence sent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did anyone receive 24 months extension letter or did anyone requested extension letter? My current status is "case is ready to schedule for interview". My local office is Newark, NJ

3 hours ago, mtldesai809 said:

Did anyone receive 24 months extension letter or did anyone requested extension letter? My current status is "case is ready to schedule for interview". My local office is Newark, NJ

Nope, asking myself the same thing. From the announcement it sounded that those with status still pending, would receive one-automatically (me thinks). However, not sure how to request one. All service requests I ever sent yielded zero answer. 

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.