Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, da95826 said:

A K-1 visa holder must go through the adjustment of status process after marriage, no automatic green card when entering the USA so they all interviewed for the green card by USCIS at the local field office. USCIS gets to interview both the immigrant and the spouse at the AOS interview.

I am familiar with the adjustment of status process. My comment and this thread concerns Removal of Conditions interviews...........not adjustment of status interviews.  Some removal of conditions interviews are waived......if the person has previously been interviewed by USCIS (Adjustment of Status, for example)  and other factors. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

This thread regards Removal of Conditions interviews........which what I was referring to.....not adjustment of status interviews.

Sure, but you asked why K1 i751 applicants are normally waived and CR1 visa holders are not.

Your point was that all i751 interviews should be waived due to the incredible backlog affecting nearly all of us. And I think you are right, but I am not waiting for an interview yet I am stuck in NBC also with no idea when my case will be adjudicated; next week, a year from now? Who knows.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/2/2021 at 8:22 AM, Nyka Santos said:

My case i-751 status just got updated yesterday to "ready to schedule for an interview". Do you guys have any idea how long will it take before they send an appointment letter? My service center is National Benefit Center. My nursing board exam is coming up and this adds up to my stress level. Can you please give me an idea what to bring on the interview day. Thank you so much everyone.

They already have all of your information, so I would think that you will need to bring whatever they specifically tell you from the letter and anything else that's new for you such as change in income ect.....

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Tired of waiting I went for an info pass appoitment and questioned them about my case. Explained that I have been waiting for 6 months for an interview and I'm almost outside of processing time. The officer was hostile at first, when I said my appoitment was scheduled for 9 am and I was seen at 1045 she just said 'okay' with the grim on her face. No common courtesy of saying sorry to keep you waiting etc. 

Finally she said she will pull out the file and wil send the email to her supervisor about my case. Now waiting until they reach me....

2 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Tired of waiting I went for an info pass appoitment and questioned them about my case. Explained that I have been waiting for 6 months for an interview and I'm almost outside of processing time. The officer was hostile at first, when I said my appoitment was scheduled for 9 am and I was seen at 1045 she just said 'okay' with the grim on her face. No common courtesy of saying sorry to keep you waiting etc. 

Finally she said she will pull out the file and wil send the email to her supervisor about my case. Now waiting until they reach me....

Not surprised. When I asked 2 Tier about my case, I was told that I will never be outside of processing time, since they don't monitor them and it actually doesn't matter when I applied. I said that what he says differs from their official published  policy and... 2 Tier told me that I am incorrect and hung up on me...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys! 

Is anyone from 2019 still waiting or is my case the odd one? 

Filed I-751 in November 2019. Been waiting for interview since July 2020. Case status updated to show "ready for interview as of July 2021" #######? 

Filed N 400 in March 2021. 

Any feedback/suggestions appreciated as I will be traveling in FEB 2022. Already have 1 extension InfoPass stamp on the passport. 

Thanks! 

25 minutes ago, androidhk89 said:

Hi Guys! 

Filed I-751 in November 2019. Been waiting for interview since July 2020. Case status updated to show "ready for interview as of July 2021" #######? 

Any feedback/suggestions appreciated as I will be traveling in FEB 2022. Already have 1 extension InfoPass stamp on the passport. 

Thanks! 

You are not alone , we are in the same boat , though I filed my N400 in January and going for the interview this month , I still have a pending i751 which has been on “ ready to be scheduled for an interview since October 2019. Filing N400 is the best thing to do at this time .

10 hours ago, LiRo said:

Not surprised. When I asked 2 Tier about my case, I was told that I will never be outside of processing time, since they don't monitor them and it actually doesn't matter when I applied. I said that what he says differs from their official published  policy and... 2 Tier told me that I am incorrect and hung up on me...

Lack of respect, punctuality, empathy, willingness to help and common courtesy is below any level in USCIS. They don't monitor anything, don't know anything, so why are they working there😕?

38 minutes ago, Greatdane11 said:

You are not alone , we are in the same boat , though I filed my N400 in January and going for the interview this month , I still have a pending i751 which has been on “ ready to be scheduled for an interview since October 2019. Filing N400 is the best thing to do at this time .

2 Tier told me that me filing N400 actually jeopardised my I751 since now they have to synch it 😒

6 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Lack of respect, punctuality, empathy, willingness to help and common courtesy is below any level in USCIS. They don't monitor anything, don't know anything, so why are they working there😕?

It is a dream job. Salary is always on time and no supervision nor responsibility for their actions. I wouldn't be bothered with their rudeness if they actually worked: process my case or give me real information instead of "wait an see" it is so immature... 

34 minutes ago, LiRo said:

2 Tier told me that me filing N400 actually jeopardised my I751 since now they have to synch it 😒

Then why wait for i751 when you can be naturalized and forget about i751 via combo interview ? It’s really simple and by far the easiest way to go about it.

Just now, Greatdane11 said:

Then why wait for i751 when you can be naturalized and forget about i751 via combo interview ? It’s really simple and by far the easiest way to go about it.

I applied for N400, but the 2nd tier told me that it is a reason why I am still waiting. I'm not saying that I believe him as he was the most incompetent clerk I have ever encountered, just sharing that unfortunately the information we get there are inconsistent and we cannot fully trust the representatives there, what makes our situation even more frustrating as it leaves us helpless.... 

8 minutes ago, LiRo said:

I applied for N400, but the 2nd tier told me that it is a reason why I am still waiting. I'm not saying that I believe him as he was the most incompetent clerk I have ever encountered, just sharing that unfortunately the information we get there are inconsistent and we cannot fully trust the representatives there, what makes our situation even more frustrating as it leaves us helpless.... 

You’re absolutely right, they need to do better …… most information they give are so misleading 

14 hours ago, androidhk89 said:

Hi Guys! 

Thanks! 

I think there are still quite a lot of us waiting from 2019. I filed in September 2019 and have been at "ready to schedule an interview" since March 2020. I filed N400 in May 2021. The submission date for a case enquiry for us at NBC is Sept 2018, so unfortunately I don't think there is very much we can do at this point apart from wait. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.