Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KatieL said:

Hah, mine is close to 3 years now (filed in Jan 2019).

I filed almost 2 years ago, sitting on "ready for interview" for a year. Have you submitted an inquiry regarding your processing time?What do they tell you?

Timeline

Hi! 

I filed ROC and they received my case 10/11 2021. Initially I was at the Texas center but today I received a letter saying that my case was transferred to National Benefits center. I eyed through the posts but I still have a few questions. 

Is the original processing time (from Texas service center) the same or will this effect my case/waiting time? 

Why does cases get transferred like this? Is it just random? 

I want to visit my family during spring but it feels a bit difficult to plan for when I want to go. Is there some kind of reference that I can use when it comes to a timeline? I need to do the biometrics at some point too since I did my CR1 application from abroad. I have received my extension letter so I know I’m good to travel but with 2 kids we wanna be able to plan a little for the trip. 

Married: 01/26/2019

I130 NOA1 (PD): 02/20/2019 (Nebraska)

K3 NOA1 (PD): 05/29/2019 

I-130 NOA2: 07/18/2019

*waiting for NVC case number*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, C-Sweden said:

Hi! 

I filed ROC and they received my case 10/11 2021. Initially I was at the Texas center but today I received a letter saying that my case was transferred to National Benefits center. I eyed through the posts but I still have a few questions. 

Is the original processing time (from Texas service center) the same or will this effect my case/waiting time? 

Hello!

I posted this November

"Just talked to a USCIS rep, current processing times for MSC is 22 to 36 months"

I don't want to make assumptions why some no red flag cases like ours are got stuck (transferred).

Unless you plan to travel more than 1 month - you should be fine, it is usually a month between interview letter and its date.

I got tired of waiting for the ROC. So I filed the N-400

Filed: 11/16/2021

Biometrics: 12/17/2021 (Scheduled)

I filed online because I didn't want to deal with paper work.

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

I have a question - I'm filed with  NBC...

My extension letter is good until June 2022 - 18 month extension. I originally filed in August 2020 however I stupidly filled out the wrong form and had to resubmit my removal of conditions petition. My green card expired December 2020 and I resubmitted in April 2021. Anyways they received it and moved my biometrics info from that first petition that was denied to this new one. That's my last update. I'm concerned about only have a 18 month extension as I'm not sure if my extension will be long enough to cover my processing time... Is there anything I should be doing now about this? Or wait until closer to my extension date to see if I can get another?

Thanks guys :)

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
12 minutes ago, arellah said:

I'm concerned about only have a 18 month extension as I'm not sure if my extension will be long enough to cover my processing time... Is there anything I should be doing now about this? Or wait until closer to my extension date to see if I can get another?

USCIS is sending out updated NOA with a 24 month extension letter. You are likely to get one soon which will buy you 6 more months. If your extension letter runs out you can call USCIS and get an i551 stamp in your passport to show proof of your continued LPR status. Call USCIS and request an info pass appointment to get the i551 stamp about 30 days before your extension letter expires. 

Remember your proof of your LPR expires not LPR status itself, you remain in status even after the extension letter expires.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

1 minute ago, da95826 said:

USCIS is sending out updated NOA with a 24 month extension letter. You are likely to get one soon which will buy you 6 more months. If your extension letter runs out you can call USCIS and get an i551 stamp in your passport to show proof of your continued LPR status. Call USCIS and request an info pass appointment to get the i551 stamp about 30 days before your extension letter expires. 

Remember your proof of your LPR expires not LPR status itself, you remain in status even after the extension letter expires.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the information and I'll be sure to be on the lookout for the 24 month letter. If I don't receive it, I will call for the appointment!

Since the LPR status doesn't go away, I'm fine to continue working and such? That's such a relief - I was overthinking it! :)

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Timeline
1 hour ago, Corey911 said:

Hello!

I posted this November

"Just talked to a USCIS rep, current processing times for MSC is 22 to 36 months"

I don't want to make assumptions why some no red flag cases like ours are got stuck (transferred).

Unless you plan to travel more than 1 month - you should be fine, it is usually a month between interview letter and its date.

Thank you! Super annoying since if that’s the process time then you need to get extra paperwork done since I think the extension letter is only valid for 18 months? I’m definitely filing a N-400 in a year but I know that will take forever too. Just want to have that done since my husband and kids are both European/American citizens. 

Lol, I’m pretty sure we’re not a red flag marriage since we sent evidence of having 2 kids together and just purchased a house in both of our names. All happened after getting my green card and moving here. We sent evidence for that, some bank papers, pictures from traveling and other joint things. But is usually red flag cases ending up here or what? 

We would be gone for about 1 month but would be flexible and I guess leave a few days early if needed. My husband would not traveling for the full time so he can check the mail and keep me updated. 

Married: 01/26/2019

I130 NOA1 (PD): 02/20/2019 (Nebraska)

K3 NOA1 (PD): 05/29/2019 

I-130 NOA2: 07/18/2019

*waiting for NVC case number*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys. I’m super happy tonight. I got an update for my form I-751.
Filed ~ 12/7/2020

NOA1 ~ 01/16/2021. (MSC)

Biometrics taken ~ 05/13/2021

Ready to schedule interview ~ 10/20/2021

Interview was scheduled ~ 12/05/2021.

waiting for the mail notice probably Wednesday. 
N400 ready to be submitted on 12/08/2021

I’ll appreciate any help and opinion. 

I had my combo interview (I-751 and N400) on Wednesday at the Brooklyn office. The officer was extremely nice. At the end he gave me a paper saying ‘decision can’t be made ‘ he said everything is good because I had two applications he needs to approve my I/751 first that will take sometimes. He said I’ll hear something in 1 or two days. But as of today I have not heard anything and status remains the same ‘interview was scheduled’ . Does anybody have idea how long it can take ?

6 hours ago, C-Sweden said:

Hi! 

Why does cases get transferred like this? Is it just random? 

I want to visit my family during spring but it feels a bit difficult to plan for when I want to go. Is there some kind of reference that I can use when it comes to a timeline? I need to do the biometrics at some point too since I did my CR1 application from abroad. I have received my extension letter so I know I’m good to travel but with 2 kids we wanna be able to plan a little for the trip. 

If you are CR1 it is very likely that the reason for the transfer is because there will be an interview. CR1 had been interviewed by the State Department but not by USCIS. Almost everybody needs to be interviewed by USCIS at some point, some for AOS and some for ROC. In my case AOS process took almost 2 years.

17 hours ago, Finayyy said:

I got tired of waiting for the ROC. So I filed the N-400

Filed: 11/16/2021

Biometrics: 12/17/2021 (Scheduled)

I filed online because I didn't want to deal with paper work.

What information did you provide with the form if you don't mind me asking? 

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Approved :Yes

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Approved :Yes

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

Hi, everyone!

I just received a notification that my case was received at MSC.

Filed on Monday, 12/6/2021

I’ve been reading the comments here… and it’s not encouraging. At all! 😬 There seems to be no consistency with the processing times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.