Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

5 hours ago, mtldesai809 said:

Did anyone receive 24 months extension letter or did anyone requested extension letter? My current status is "case is ready to schedule for interview". My local office is Newark, NJ

I assume, new letters is only for those who filed in August or September. As I can not see anyone says they have received NEW 24 months letter apart from couple of applicants on VJ. They applied in August or September.

I have applied in end of May, was expecting New Letter but instead received Biometrics appointment letter.

I have question, how long does it takes to change from 'Fingerprints Taken' to 'Ready for Interview' ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
57 minutes ago, M@K12 said:

I have question, how long does it takes to change from 'Fingerprints Taken' to 'Ready for Interview' ? 

Took 5 days for me, around July 4th weekend.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
16 hours ago, mtldesai809 said:

Did anyone receive 24 months extension letter or did anyone requested extension letter? My current status is "case is ready to schedule for interview". My local office is Newark, NJ

my local office is Newark too. I havent received anything and wasnt sure if I should request a missing mail note or not.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Rose Iaquinto said:

my local office is Newark too. I havent received anything and wasnt sure if I should request a missing mail note or not.

I called for infopass appointment because I am traveling outside of country and my extension will be expired during that time. They have told me that they cannot schedule appointment beyond 40 days and I have also asked for case status they have said that you are in queue for the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
55 minutes ago, mtldesai809 said:

I called for infopass appointment because I am traveling outside of country and my extension will be expired during that time. They have told me that they cannot schedule appointment beyond 40 days and I have also asked for case status they have said that you are in queue for the interview.

they just suck. My husband is taking a citizenship course in Jersey and they told him that Newark is the most backed up location on the east coast... I was like how lovely we have already been waiting over a year... so ridiculous. I wish they would just let us bypass the interview. It seems like that has happened to some people (not sure if they were Newark location or not though).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, peachouille said:

Took 5 days for me, around July 4th weekend.

Thats great. For me its more than a week now. I hope for update soon.

Anybody waiting for the interview to be scheduled in Central Florida (Orlando/Jacksonville) ? If so, how long have you been waiting? 
My case (divorce waiver) was transferred from Potomac to MSC in September, and I got an update ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’ 2 weeks ago. Wonder how long it will take! 

From ‘your case is ready to be scheduled for interview,’ on 6/2020, we waited 1 year and 3 months for our Interview to be scheduled. We finally had our interview this past month. We had prepared additional:

- Deed and mortgage with both names.

- Tax filing for past 2 years.

- Joint accounts.

- Health insurence.

- Health records.

- Car insurence and home owner insurence.

- 401k accounts with each other as benefitiaries.

- Additional pictures of our recent trips.

Our status got approved a month later. Good luck everyone.

On 9/9/2021 at 9:41 AM, KatieL said:

I did indeed file both a request and contacted an Ombudsman. USCIS said to wait for the reply by Aug 23, and Im still waiting (don't think that's happening). The ombudsman said they sent their request to USCIS and would get back to me. Honestly, I'm just losing all hope.

No interviews have been scheduled. All they did was take my fingerprints.

I think it's our local offices that are slow. I applied Dec, 2018 and have my interview for the 20th October. I'm Houston. Houston is 3rd from the bottom so one of the slowest offices. I filed my N-400 in July and I think that's why my I-751 appointment suddenly was scheduled!

On 10/16/2021 at 9:38 AM, Houstonapp said:

I think it's our local offices that are slow. I applied Dec, 2018 and have my interview for the 20th October. I'm Houston. Houston is 3rd from the bottom so one of the slowest offices. I filed my N-400 in July and I think that's why my I-751 appointment suddenly was scheduled!

Where did you find a list?

21 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Ah it's like 2 years old though 

I'm Houston, near the bottom and it took me nearly 3 years to get approved so probably still fairly accurate lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.