Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Did you file outside of processing times firm or contacted Ombudsman?  You have been waiting for 2 years and 6 months! :(

We haven’t filed outside of processing times yet because according to the website we are like 17 days away from being able to! If I click all service centers we are technically not outside the time yet. 

My husband got his biometrics appt letter! Notice date was 9/11 and we received it 9/17. His appt is on Oct 8. 

I know the wait is long after the biometrics are done but it feels like it took a long time just to get here! 😩 7 months!

6 hours ago, mrath5 said:

We haven’t filed outside of processing times yet because according to the website we are like 17 days away from being able to! If I click all service centers we are technically not outside the time yet. 

If I were you I would start acting now. Nobody waits such a long time. Who's idea was that first you need to wait max time for Potomac,Texas,Vermont etc. after that you need to do the unknown time waiting for NBC center and after that you wait like 40 months for a local office? USCIS  playing you big time. (And me too, I submitted outside normal processing times form few days ago).

IT'S unfair that we see approvals of people from 2020 who sometimes wait only 8/9 months. All service centers processing time is misleading. What does it even mean ? How can you bundle together all the cities? That's so ridiculous and I remember even Ombudsman in their report mentioned that that's wrong. 

31 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

If I were you I would start acting now. Nobody waits such a long time. Who's idea was that first you need to wait max time for Potomac,Texas,Vermont etc. after that you need to do the unknown time waiting for NBC center and after that you wait like 40 months for a local office? USCIS  playing you big time. (And me too, I submitted outside normal processing times form few days ago).

IT'S unfair that we see approvals of people from 2020 who sometimes wait only 8/9 months. All service centers processing time is misleading. What does it even mean ? How can you bundle together all the cities? That's so ridiculous and I remember even Ombudsman in their report mentioned that that's wrong. 

True. I know I put in a request a while ago about it and they never even contacted us back. It’s such a joke. On one hand it’s whatever because it hasn’t effected my husband having an expired green card and we haven’t been able to travel recently but at the same time it’s just annoying because, like you said, people are getting approved way before us. I’m sick of saving everything that I could use as evidence of our legitimate marriage 😂. I will put in a request for being outside the wait time for sure now. And apparently our local office is one of the worst for waiting. 

13 minutes ago, mrath5 said:

True. I know I put in a request a while ago about it and they never even contacted us back. It’s such a joke. On one hand it’s whatever because it hasn’t effected my husband having an expired green card and we haven’t been able to travel recently but at the same time it’s just annoying because, like you said, people are getting approved way before us. I’m sick of saving everything that I could use as evidence of our legitimate marriage 😂. I will put in a request for being outside the wait time for sure now. And apparently our local office is one of the worst for waiting. 

What's your local office? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/17/2021 at 5:25 PM, monytchi said:

How long have you been waiting for your biometrics letter?

My husband's case date is Feb 12, 2021 and we haven't received ours. Local office is Portland, OR.

Its been 3 months. Local office is Dallas, Tx.

As per recent trend, all CR1 from Texas was not getting biometrics appointment. So I am happy I did not have to wait for more.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife's 18 months extension letter is  expiring next month, should I call USCIS for infopass appointment or wait for the new extension letter(24 month). We are planning to travel overseas in the end of Dec-21. side note my case status as of right now is "case is ready for interview to schedule". If somebody can help me which number to call for infopass and what to tell the agent?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
13 minutes ago, mtldesai809 said:

My wife's 18 months extension letter is  expiring next month, should I call USCIS for infopass appointment or wait for the new extension letter(24 month).

I would call for an infopass appointment, stamps are good for up to a year, and bring proof of travel to the appointment. Not sure how long if ever we are getting the 24 month letter.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
40 minutes ago, mtldesai809 said:

My wife's 18 months extension letter is  expiring next month, should I call USCIS for infopass appointment or wait for the new extension letter(24 month). We are planning to travel overseas in the end of Dec-21. side note my case status as of right now is "case is ready for interview to schedule". If somebody can help me which number to call for infopass and what to tell the agent?

Call the hotline and ask for infopass (https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter).

Edited by Liam2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.