Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, CharlotteUK said:

I think there are still quite a lot of us waiting from 2019. I filed in September 2019 and have been at "ready to schedule an interview" since March 2020. I filed N400 in May 2021. The submission date for a case enquiry for us at NBC is Sept 2018, so unfortunately I don't think there is very much we can do at this point apart from wait. 

I filed my I-751 in JANUARY 2019, so yeah. Been waiting on both that and N-400 (filed in Jan 2020) for almost THREE YEARS. No response from USCIS, nothing.

5 hours ago, CharlotteUK said:

I think there are still quite a lot of us waiting from 2019. I filed in September 2019 and have been at "ready to schedule an interview" since March 2020. I filed N400 in May 2021. The submission date for a case enquiry for us at NBC is Sept 2018, so unfortunately I don't think there is very much we can do at this point apart from wait. 

You can and you should write to your Congressman. There is also an Ombudsman....

On a different note, where did you fi d this information about Sept 2018?

*** Mod Action: Two nonconstructive and offensive ridden language posts removed. Post constructively and do not use inappropriate language on this forum or further action will be taken.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

@LiRo, I was going off the USCIS processing times page for i751 for "all field offices" (which I think is what MSC/NBC falls under?). This is currently 21.5 - 36 months with a case status enquiry date of Sept 18th, 2018. 

Case now ready to be scheduled for interview as of 9/9.

341 days to get to this point. The turnaround on my RFE for my divorce decree was actually very fast, hopefully I won’t have to wait too long for an interview @ Orlando. 

Edited by HarryWL

19 hours ago, KatieL said:

I filed my I-751 in JANUARY 2019, so yeah. Been waiting on both that and N-400 (filed in Jan 2020) for almost THREE YEARS. No response from USCIS, nothing.

3 years?  Did you contact Ombudsman/filed outside of processing times? Are you waiting for an interview ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

3 years?  Did you contact Ombudsman/filed outside of processing times? Are you waiting for an interview ?

I did indeed file both a request and contacted an Ombudsman. USCIS said to wait for the reply by Aug 23, and Im still waiting (don't think that's happening). The ombudsman said they sent their request to USCIS and would get back to me. Honestly, I'm just losing all hope.

No interviews have been scheduled. All they did was take my fingerprints.

3 hours ago, KatieL said:

I did indeed file both a request and contacted an Ombudsman. USCIS said to wait for the reply by Aug 23, and Im still waiting (don't think that's happening). The ombudsman said they sent their request to USCIS and would get back to me. Honestly, I'm just losing all hope.

I talked over a chat (Emma) regarding my inquiry and they told me that they strive to reply in 15 days (LOL) but if there is no response in 30 days, I shall reach out, since only then they can escalate the case to higher ups. Hope that info helps you a bit. 

5 hours ago, KatieL said:

Inqueries never resulted in any thing we dont already know 

Suxh a useleas systen..

5 hours ago, LiRo said:

I talked over a chat (Emma) regarding my inquiry and they told me that they strive to reply in 15 days (LOL) but if there is no response in 30 days, I shall reach out, since only then they can escalate the case to higher ups. Hope that info helps you a bit. 

Emma is a liar. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello MSC filers...I field for ROC (I-751) in February 2019 and for N400 in June 2020.  I received a notice back in July for N400 interview, but never received an interview notice for the I-751.  Our N400 interview was this past Friday, September 10 and the officer adjudicated the i-751 at the same time in a combo interview - we went prepared for a combo interview.  Both approved, and since Newark, NJ does same day Oath Ceremony, the Certificate of Naturalization was issued on the same day.  The i-751 portion took about 5 mins: we were not separated and the officer asked the following in the following order:

* to the US citizen spouse: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

when did you get married?

how did you meet your spouse?

* to the applicant: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

We took a lot of additional evidence but was never asked to produce any of it.  We believe that it is probably because when giving the officer the original documents (birth certificates, green card, marriage certificate, first child's birth certificate etc), we also handed him the hospital birth records for the birth of our second child less than a month ago.

The N400 portion was about 15 mins, and straightforward: the 50 Yes/No questions that are in the application, 6 civics questions and confirming/signing of documents. 

Good luck to all!   See timeline in signature below for details.                                 

Edited by Duncan21

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

11 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

Hello MSC filers...I field for ROC (I-751) in February 2019 and for N400 in June 2020.  I received a notice back in July for N400 interview, but never received an interview notice for the I-751.  Our N400 interview was this past Friday, September 10 and the officer adjudicated the i-751 at the same time in a combo interview - we went prepared for a combo interview.  Both approved, and since Newark, NJ does same day Oath Ceremony, the Certificate of Naturalization was issued on the same day.  The i-751 portion took about 5 mins: we were not separated and the officer asked the following in the following order:

* to the US citizen spouse: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

when did you get married?

how did you meet your spouse?

* to the applicant: what is your spouse's full name and date of birth?

We took a lot of additional evidence but was never asked to produce any of it.  We believe that it is probably because when giving the officer the original documents (birth certificates, green card, marriage certificate, first child's birth certificate etc), we also handed him the hospital birth records for the birth of our second child less than a month ago.

The N400 portion was about 15 mins, and straightforward: the 50 Yes/No questions that are in the application, 6 civics questions and confirming/signing of documents. 

Good luck to all!   See timeline in signature below for details.                                 

Congrats!!! can you provide the detailed timeline info please? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Congrats!!! can you provide the detailed timeline info please? 

Thanks!  The timeline is in my signature but will paste it here:

ROC:

2/1/2019: Mailed i-751 Application

2/11/2019: NOA (MSCXXXXXXXXXX)

2/15/2019: Biometrics Appointment letter received

3/1/2019: Biometrics Completed

5/9/2019: Email notification that interview will be scheduled

11/2/2020: InfoPass appointment at Newark, NJ - received I-551 stamp, valid for 1 year

9/10/2021: i-751 adjudicated at the same time as N-400 in combo interview (both approved)

N-400:

6/5/2020:  Filed N-400

6/11/2020:  N-400 priority date

6/16/2020:  NOA

2/12/2021: Biometric Reuse Notice

7/22/2021: Interview notification via email

9/10/2021: Interview (approved), followed by Oath ceremony on the same day

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.