Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2021 at 12:58 PM, Corey911 said:

Just talked to a USCIS rep, current processing times for MSC is 22 to 36 months. 😣

No worries. i see you have applied for citizenship. You might have a combo interview with citizenship interview which is faster

1 minute ago, Pavel1982 said:

No worries. i see you have applied for citizenship. You might have a combo interview with citizenship interview which is faster

Combo interview is absolutely NOT faster- it used to be, when USCIS was at least pretending to care about deadlines. 

Check the timeline of your local office for N-400 and then you will know when you might potentially be considered for the (combo) interview

13 minutes ago, LiRo said:

Combo interview is absolutely NOT faster- it used to be, when USCIS was at least pretending to care about deadlines. 

Check the timeline of your local office for N-400 and then you will know when you might potentially be considered for the (combo) interview

Well, I just had one last month after waiting a year for interview schedule for I751 (in fact i saw quite few people had that recently). Combo was done during N400 interview. it was not even mentioned in the interview letter. US citizenship application process faster than I751 application and they cannot complete N400 application without approving I751. So, they tends to  do combo (not always) during N400 interview

Edited by Pavel1982

Just now, Pavel1982 said:

well. I just had one last month after waiting a year for interview schedule for I751 (in fact i saw quite few people had that recently). US citizenship application process faster than I751 application and they cannot complete N400 application without approving I751. So, they tends to  do combo (not always) during N400 interview

Yeah, they cannot complete N-400 without I-751 but it does not mean that filing N-400 speeds up the process. I was told by the officer that hadn't I filed for N-400, my I - 751 would have been already processed. But since I did it, now I have to wait for different kind of time slot. 

Good for you but that's simply a coincidence not causation. I am waiting since forever, intervened via Congressman and still nothing can speed up my process, and definitely not filing N-400. 

16 minutes ago, LiRo said:

Yeah, they cannot complete N-400 without I-751 but it does not mean that filing N-400 speeds up the process. I was told by the officer that hadn't I filed for N-400, my I - 751 would have been already processed. But since I did it, now I have to wait for different kind of time slot. 

Good for you but that's simply a coincidence not causation. I am waiting since forever, intervened via Congressman and still nothing can speed up my process, and definitely not filing N-400. 

ok. thats different. i think it is imporant @ what stage of I751, you are applying for N400. I did it after I751 application is only waiting for interview which makes local office easier to decide but if its earlier that can complicate thing. 

Edited by Pavel1982

Just now, Pavel1982 said:

ok. thats different. i think it imporant @ what stage of I751, you are applying for N400. I did it after I751 application is only waiting for interview which make local office easier to decide but if its earlier that can complicate thing. 

My application was also "ready for interview"... months later it is still the same and not likely to change. 

It's more of a roulette than anything else at this point and I would be very cautious telling people that something may speed up their process. 

USCIS would have to follow rules and procedures first for us to make assumptions what kind of moves to make. For now it's more of a gamble than an official process. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/6/2021 at 9:44 PM, Pavel1982 said:

I see no reason to worry - either way this journey will be over pretty soon)

Edited by Corey911

Hi all, my husband's case status just updated to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

NOA-1/11/2021

Biometrics-5/24/2021

Case status updated to: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"- 11/10/2021

I know it's gonna be a long wait for us because we're are at MSC.. but thought I'd share an update. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, MsKayC said:

Hi all, my husband's case status just updated to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

NOA-1/11/2021

Biometrics-5/24/2021

Case status updated to: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"- 11/10/2021

I know it's gonna be a long wait for us because we're are at MSC.. but thought I'd share an update. 

you filed almost a year later than me.

6 hours ago, MsKayC said:

NOA-1/11/2021

Biometrics-5/24/2021

My husband's case is pretty similar! 

NOA1 - 3/18/21

Biometrics - 10/8/21

Ready to be scheduled for interview - 11/10/21

My local office is Portland, OR. Fingers crossed we get an appt soon! 🤞🏻🥺

Timeline

Also I received the email from my congresswoman's office

"Good afternoon XXX,

I received correspondence from USCIS regarding XXX's case. A review confirms her Form I-751 application is currently pending alongside their Form N-400 application and will be processed simultaneously by the local field office at the time of the N-400 interview.

Their Form N-400 application is currently awaiting interview scheduling by the Dallas Field Office. Although the A-File is still physically located at the National Benefits Center (NBC), the scheduling of her interview is within the jurisdiction of the field office. Once the field office schedules this case for an interview, your constituent will receive an interview notice stating the date and time to appear for the scheduled interview. Once the interview is scheduled, the NBC will then forward the file to the field office.

At this time, processing times for both forms are fluctuating. Since as of right now processing times are 12-18.5 months for the N-400 at the Dallas Field Office, I will follow up with my contact there and see what can be done to schedule it in the near future granted if it has not been scheduled since we last had correspondence on Oct. 15."

Fingers crossed, 6 more months to wait)

So feeling a bit on the lucky side here. I went from Ready to Schedule Interview on Nov 10th and today it actually got scheduled. Think that's the quickest turn around I have seen. I will know when my interview is when I get the notice that is coming to me in the mail now apparently. I was going to file my N400 this month too but may wait to see when my interview date is and get it done after if soon. Hope the interview is not scheduled for when I actually go back to the UK this Christmas. 

Filed - 1/14/2021

NOA1 Received - 2/22/2021

Biometrics taken - 7/7/2021

Ready to Schedule Interview - 11/10/2021

Interview Was Scheduled - 11/15/2021

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Approved :Yes

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Approved :Yes

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, AlexeiMaughan said:

So feeling a bit on the lucky side here. I went from Ready to Schedule Interview on Nov 10th and today it actually got scheduled. Think that's the quickest turn around I have seen. I will know when my interview is when I get the notice that is coming to me in the mail now apparently. I was going to file my N400 this month too but may wait to see when my interview date is and get it done after if soon. Hope the interview is not scheduled for when I actually go back to the UK this Christmas. 

Filed - 1/14/2021

NOA1 Received - 2/22/2021

Biometrics taken - 7/7/2021

Ready to Schedule Interview - 11/10/2021

Interview Was Scheduled - 11/15/2021

Wow!! That’s a big good news! Where’s your field location if you don’t mind. Mine has been ready to be scheduled interview since Oct.

location= Ny

Made some progress today as well:

2/5/21: I-751 delivered

3/10/21: I-797 received

7/31/21: Biometrics

11/17/21: Case Ready for Interview

Edited by JasonKay
Forgot something

CR1:

Processing Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 32 days from your NOA1 date. Your interview took 122 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.
I-130 Sent : 2018-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-10-22
I-130 Approved : 2018-11-23
Packet 3 Received : 2018-12-12
Packet 3 Sent : 2019-01-28
Packet 4 Received : 2019-02-05
Interview Date : 2019-02-21 (Approved)
Visa Received : 2019-02-27
US Entry : 2019-04-25 (Move: 2020-04-07)

Removal of Conditions:

2/3/21: I-751 package sent

2/5/21: I-751 delivered

3/10/21: I-797 received (24 months)

7/31/21: Biometrics

11/17/21: Case Ready for Interview

2/27/23: I-797 received (48 months)

3/11/23: New Card Is Being Produced

3/13/23: Case Was Approved

3/27/23: Card Was Mailed

3/30/23: Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi everyone, not sure if we got really lucky but I had my biometrics appointment this week. Just a month after NOA1, we filed October 12.

Anyone else with Chicago field office with similar experiences? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.