Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ella and James said:

How often shall I call the NVC? Our NOA2 was 20 days ago today. I called yesterday and they said they haven't received it yet...

I don't want to bug them but am super keen to get the case number. 

Call everyday twice daily your number should be assigned any day now!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Eva_AJ said:

Hi :) I called on day 22 after our NOA2 and they had my case number ready. On day 27 it is already in transit! Just keep calling, it might be frustrating but hang in there, you will get it!

Was that day 22 after the notice date on the NOA2 or when you received the NOA2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ella and James said:

Was that day 22 after the notice date on the NOA2 or when you received the NOA2?

It was on day 22 from the approval date I saw on ucsis website. I actually haven't seen our NOA2 yet as my fiancé is out in the field and the letter hadn't arrived before he left for the training.

2 hours ago, Gisguz said:

Hey all,

I have a question regarding the I-134. This is my first year doing taxes and I am above the 125% poverty line. However is it required to take the last three years of tax transcripts ? If so, does this mean I need a cosponsor? 

Each embassy is different in their requirements. Some embassy require one year others three. Some embassy's require 100% of the poverty line, others 125% yet others use a judgmental evaluation and requirements stem from it. The best way to know what your embassy requires is to ask others who have experience in your regional sub-forum here on VJ or refer to the P3 for additional instructions. Last but not least is have a co-sponsor package prepared for the beneficiary can carry to the interview to present if needed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

41 minutes ago, Ella and James said:

If someone was anorexic or underweight (out of curiosity, I am not) would someone be refused a K1 visa because of 'health problems'?

No but they are psychological adversities an I can see that person referred over to a psychologist for evaluation which will cause a delay of 2-4 weeks (guess). Based on the outcome they could face denial. No one can say for sure what the outcome would be.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, CLUAE said:

is it the mailing address or the current physical address? because my Fiance put my address in the Philippines on my mailing address

and on the current Physical address was my address in UAE because i was still there when he sent our packet. 

Physical address.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello All, 

Hope all is well ! 

Just wanted to update you guys that My Petition was received today .

However , no case number or anything has been assigned. I’ll try calling in a couple of days and will update you guys as needed. 

Thanks you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Things went by so fast! 😀 April 16th case went "in transit" and April 18th it's already "ready"! Even I'm still not ready 😂 Filled DS-160 today and had alot of problems with "session timed out". I hope I'll have visa in a couple weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 3/29/2019 at 3:47 PM, Greenbaum said:

2. Checking on your embassy case number from NVC:

It will take 7 - 10 business days for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2 - 5 business days for NVC to get your file in their system and produce your case number. Call 7:00 am eastern time for shorter wait times.

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Eastern Time) 1 for English, then 7 (or 5, but I would go 7 as they would tell you if you should call 5 instead after they receive your case.)

Best time to call:

Right after they open which is around 7:00am US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri. Most have had luck getting the phone answered after the first ring if they called right at 7am.

I'm a little confused about this. If they don't have operators until 9am, then why is it best to call at 7am? For context, I just tried calling at 7am ET and the recording didn't give me any options to choose. (Yes, I know I might be too early in my post-NOA2 timeline to call, but I thought I'd try anyway just to see what happens when you call.)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

I'm a little confused about this. If they don't have operators until 9am, then why is it best to call at 7am? For context, I just tried calling at 7am ET and the recording didn't give me any options to choose. (Yes, I know I might be too early in my post-NOA2 timeline to call, but I thought I'd try anyway just to see what happens when you call.)

Hours have been changed from 9am to 9pm recently, that part of the post hasn't been updated. 

2 hours ago, ReyOfJakku said:

The hours have changed not to long ago and that post can't be edited so it will appear updated for May's NOA2-NVC thread. Thanks for pointing this out as others may have the same question.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

10 hours ago, Ayodele said:

Hi guys can you have your medicals done before you get your case number from NVC?

Typically no as each embassy treats that step differently. I would advise against it as the medical exam date begins the clock for your visa validity, which is 6 months from medical date for most embassies. Here is some information with links so that you can educate yourself as to what is necessary to attian your visa from your embassy. There is also a link to a discussion group from Nigeria, which I highly recommend that you begin reading from the beginning of the thread to the current date.

Scheduling the interview can take 1 to 3 months. Once you pay the $265 visa fee at GTB Bank, you can go online to schedule an appointment at www.ustraveldocs.com You can get the forms online at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html No need to go to the consulate to pick up forms. Download forms if unexpired or get current versions of same forms. Email LagosIV@state.gov for your interview date. 

K-1 P3 Letter Nigeria

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ecVe-vDjvk0thSFqHE9dtSyUy0Qccey/view?usp=sharing

Medical instructions Nigeria

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQbUHA-eDR6AHDGp4OHLBSPcMm31Zl9d/view?usp=sharing

Step by Step guide

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yPmN_82vlBB_hoBtPuqWjP6gjYgf3VWF/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Portal here on VJ

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Nigeria&cty=Lagos

VJ thread

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679202-k1-visa-procedures-for-nigeria-only/

Divorce Decree Verification

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LmKCenaXNT9BQJtMJrSSXlEJo289tlo3/view?usp=sharing

Wet signatures are no longer required for I-134 for your Nigeria interview. You are able to send in scanned documents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.