Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

@Del A.

Wait about 10 working days after ur NOA2  then start calling to see if your case is there.

Just to clarify, should we update our email addresses now, wait 10 working days, and then call NVC if by then we don't receive updates?

13 minutes ago, Del A. said:

Just to clarify, should we update our email addresses now, wait 10 working days, and then call NVC if by then we don't receive updates?

That's  what I did I updated  as soon as I got my NOA2, youll most likely find out by telephone  anyway and the email does not always  work. Meaning NVC does not always respond  right away.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

6 minutes ago, Del A. said:

Those who followed what is listed on the first post to this thread were successful in updating their email. No clarification needed. Update when you have NOA2.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dani and Alex said:

Just called and got through after 13 min. NOA2 was 4/2/19- nothing yet!

I have the same date as you I will try tomorrow and see what happens

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Got our NO2 hard copy and can finally joined the thread! :)  NOA1 12-05-18 , NO2 18-04-19!

According to provided info here will start calling NVC after 5th of May.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Margo2017777 said:

Got our NO2 hard copy and can finally joined the thread! :)  NOA1 12-05-18 , NO2 18-04-19!

According to provided info here will start calling NVC after 5th of May.

Yaaaay good news!!! Congrats!! :) 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kat & K said:

Yaaaay good news!!! Congrats!! :) 

Thank you! Guess what.. i am still waiting for my fuhrungszeugnis :(( it turned out they completely changed procedure for EU citizens (who are not from Germany) which prolongs everything.. i found out only after calling as they kept silent:( yesterday i sent angry e-mail to them and if no response will call again on Thursday.. ehh...stress everywhere:/

Hi all,

Do we have to call NVC to obtain our case number or will this arrive via post or email to petitioner/beneficiary? I am not planning on moving until after summer so don’t feel a big rush to get my interview booked until late June/July.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Just got our NOA2 hard copy, dated 4/16/2019! 

Glad to be here!

The weird thing is I checked for updates on the case the other day (after the 16th), and there was nothing. Then the hard copy arrived.

Edited by BarryLovesAdri

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Margo2017777 said:

Thank you! Guess what.. i am still waiting for my fuhrungszeugnis :(( it turned out they completely changed procedure for EU citizens (who are not from Germany) which prolongs everything.. i found out only after calling as they kept silent:( yesterday i sent angry e-mail to them and if no response will call again on Thursday.. ehh...stress everywhere:/

Oh no that's annoying.. well the "good" news is it's still going to be a while until you actually need it ;) I feel you though, I have to get a couple of police certificates from different countries as well. 

Timeline

Just got an email that our case has been updated on the new uscis site. NOA2 date 4/22/2019. The old site shows no updates. So excited! :)

K-1

NOA1: 01/25/2019

NOA2: 04/22/2019

I-485

NOA1: 07/25/2019

Interview: 11/21/2019 Approved

I-751

NOA1: 09/03/2021

Interview: 02/08/2024

Approved: 02/08/2024

N-400

NOA1:08/24/2022

Interview: 02/08/2024

Oath:02/21/2024

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kat & K said:

Oh no that's annoying.. well the "good" news is it's still going to be a while until you actually need it ;) I feel you though, I have to get a couple of police certificates from different countries as well. 

Yeah.. me too.. i need 5 :)) but got almost everything exept German and UK.  But as you mentioned we have a while :)) but not 4 months for sure he he

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
19 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It is useful, you are just hitting higher then normal call traffic. The automatic answering software will adjust it's self to what ever the client programs the system to do based on the conditions. When it has more traffic then it can take it will give you "it's too busy". When the call traffic is down then you can use the prompts. The call center software determines what it's going to allow based on call traffic. I have nothing to do with that.

So what do I do?  Keep trying.

I eventually got someone today and he said it's written 6 weeks before calling NVC so why call now...

4 minutes ago, O-D said:

I eventually got someone today and he said it's written 6 weeks before calling NVC so why call now...

The 6 weeks is their "pad" answer. Check timelines for more accurate information. The OP is going to call whether you and I agree on waiting (which I do) and so I felt that they only wanted to hear "keep calling".

I've been here to long and know when to avoid an argument. People are going to do what people want. And she has decided that calling is to her best interest. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The 6 weeks is their "pad" answer. Check timelines for more accurate information. The OP is going to call whether you and I agree on waiting (which I do) and so I felt that they only wanted to hear "keep calling".

I've been here to long and know when to avoid an argument. People are going to do what people want. And she has decided that calling is to her best interest. :thumbs:

Ok so despite his (rude) answer, you think I should keep calling?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.