Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Do I ask for a summary of my medical history (which includes my vaccination records)?

Does this have to be a copy signed/stamped by my doctor/the surgery?

How will the Embassy contact me once they have the petition?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ask for your summary patient record and also your vaccination records. You will most likely have to get an appointment with your doctor for this and it’s best to have it signed and stamped.

as for the embassy, they will send you a letter. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey I was just approved today. 

I have a question about the finance form. I am active duty military and living in Hawaii. My income is about 25,000 a year and 12,000 in retirement savings. Will this be sufficient or will I need a co sponsor? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, Islandlifer said:

I have a question about the finance form. I am active duty military and living in Hawaii. My income is about 25,000 a year and 12,000 in retirement savings. Will this be sufficient or will I need a co sponsor? 

Firstly, congrats! I'm also a January Filer, I did my digging around, you need 100% above the poverty line (for K-1) which is around $16800 per year, however it would work in your favor to have your fixed assets listed as well, ie. house, car and anything to show you have stability and anything you could liquidate to make up cash if you need it. I would say you're safe but if you don't have any fixed assets maybe get a friend who has, to co-sponsor? just a suggestion. Since you are military you would only also need 100% upon filing for AOS after marriage.  I'm in the same boat with my Fiance except she isn't military. 

I hope this helps

Hello. My fiance Just received the approval notice in the mail today. Now that we are waiting for our case number im just i bit worried. I was in UAE when my fiance sent our petition, He put my address in uae in my current address but he also put Manila Philippines as our Embassy for the interview. I am now in the Philippines.. Is there a chance that they are going to send our petition to UAE instead of Manila? If so how can we prevent it to happen while we are still waiting for our case number? I hope you can help me with this. 😊

712158742_Buckleup.png.3436bb92c6144eeb745f6dd31440b7b5.png

Today is a big day for some as your case file may ship out to your embassy. Check CEAC for updated progress and look for "in transit"!! If that shows you are on your way. Also, for those who want to have a little fun in tracking your shipment see the DHL hack on the first page of this thread in the first post. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way for instructions. The information will not be available till Wednesday as the DHL and NVC computers have to be sync with each other to produce the outcome.

You have three stages 1) transit - shipment is in the air or soon will be, 2) received - physical case file is at the Embassy and 3) ready - your case is ready to schedule and complete your interview.  These will be your current state or status to your case file once you have received the case number. Good luck.

1833638799_Untitledpicture.png.562e17fceb7728cc894d534d9f76941e.png

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

10 hours ago, CLUAE said:

Hello. My fiance Just received the approval notice in the mail today. Now that we are waiting for our case number im just i bit worried. I was in UAE when my fiance sent our petition, He put my address in uae in my current address but he also put Manila Philippines as our Embassy for the interview. I am now in the Philippines.. Is there a chance that they are going to send our petition to UAE instead of Manila? If so how can we prevent it to happen while we are still waiting for our case number? I hope you can help me with this. 😊

If you listed USEM as your embassy it should go there. All correspondence usually goes to the petitioner first. From NVC (NVC letter) and USEM the eligibility letter. The EL is addressed to the beneficiary but it is sent to the petitioner via email first at least mine was. The only time you have to make sure your address is correct at this stage is when you have to certify your address for visa delivery which you will have to do while making your interview appointment. If you want peace of mind I would send a inquiry to NVC and update your address there then again once your case gets to USEM. You should be alright though.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

16 minutes ago, Ella and James said:

We got our NOA2 in the post two weeks ago today (it was dated March 29th). Shall I call the NVC to ask if they have received my petition? Will I get sent an email when they do receive it? 

Did you go to the March NOA2 To NVC thread  for your next steps? Did you update your email address with NVC? Yes I would start calling now.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 9:50 PM, marine6357 said:

Got my NOA2 letter in the mail. Neither website updated so was really surprised when I saw it. NOA1   12/18/2018   NOA2   04/02/2019. A hell of a lot faster then I ever thought. Can't stop smiling.

Same here   NOA1 12/14/2018 - NOA2 4/11/2019  Good Luck the rest of the way!

17 hours ago, Islandlifer said:

The income level is different depending where you live. Hawaii is one considered to stand on it's own with the requirement for 2 is $19,460. So your above the income requirement. You will not need a cosponsor.  https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

15 hours ago, KyleB22 said:

Firstly, congrats! I'm also a January Filer, I did my digging around, you need 100% above the poverty line (for K-1) which is around $16800 per year, however it would work in your favor to have your fixed assets listed as well, ie. house, car and anything to show you have stability and anything you could liquidate to make up cash if you need it. I would say you're safe but if you don't have any fixed assets maybe get a friend who has, to co-sponsor? just a suggestion. Since you are military you would only also need 100% upon filing for AOS after marriage.  I'm in the same boat with my Fiance except she isn't military. 

I hope this helps

You quoted from the I864 requirements for the general CONUS and DC areas. There is a separate schedule for both Hawaii and Alaska. He does not need a cosponsor as his income is enough to meet the requirements.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

If you listed USEM as your embassy it should go there. All correspondence usually goes to the petitioner first. From NVC (NVC letter) and USEM the eligibility letter. The EL is addressed to the beneficiary but it is sent to the petitioner via email first at least mine was. The only time you have to make sure your address is correct at this stage is when you have to certify your address for visa delivery which you will have to do while making your interview appointment. If you want peace of mind I would send a inquiry to NVC and update your address there then again once your case gets to USEM. You should be alright though.

Thank you for the info, but i read several cases here that eventhough they put USEM as their embassy NVC still sent their petition to the wrong embassy. how can i prevent that to happen? Should i call NVC and ask where they are going to send our petition?

14 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

Thank you for the info, but i read several cases here that eventhough they put USEM as their embassy NVC still sent their petition to the wrong embassy. how can i prevent that to happen? Should i call NVC and ask where they are going to send our petition?

Yes I read that too, but that was due to  human error as opposed to deliberately, I don't  think you can prevent human error. If you would feel better then by all means I would call them.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.