Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Do we get sent a letter when our petition reaches the NVC

Is there a website (like at the USCIS stage) which will update to say: received by NVC?

I think the NOA2 shows my 'alien number' on it. Does this mean I can now fill out a DS-160?

5 hours ago, Ella and James said:

Do we get sent a letter when our petition reaches the NVC

Is there a website (like at the USCIS stage) which will update to say: received by NVC?

I think the NOA2 shows my 'alien number' on it. Does this mean I can now fill out a DS-160?

Read the first post on the first page of this thread.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 3/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, Greenbaum said:

This thread was created for those who are waiting from their NOA2 K-1 to the case assignment from NVC.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post them here for you to refer to when it's necessary.

1. How do I update my email address with NVC Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy. Enter the petitioner's information as well as the beneficiary's in the "box". Full name, Date of Birth, NOA2 receipt number and WAC number. We have found in some cases that email's are never sent and in other cases this works well. So, your mileage may vary.

I got NOA2 1 week ago. I was about to fill in the address and the link but it asks my question, I have no question...
Also on the NOA2 it says to give 30 days to NVC before trying to contact them if no news so what do I do ?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, O-D said:

I got NOA2 1 week ago. I was about to fill in the address and the link but it asks my question, I have no question...
Also on the NOA2 it says to give 30 days to NVC before trying to contact them if no news so what do I do ?

Thanks 

Send the inquiry/email to NVC immediately it ONLY benefits you if you send it. In that box supply the requested information and ask them if they will send you an email once your case arrives at NVC and also once they assign a case number to your file, finally ask them to email you once your case leaves for the embassy. I did those all on 3 separate emails and NVC answered each one. That's 3 questions right there!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Send the inquiry/email to NVC immediately it ONLY benefits you if you send it. In that box supply the requested information and ask them if they will send you an email once your case arrives at NVC and also once they assign a case number to your file, finally ask them to email you once your case leaves for the embassy. I did those all on 3 separate emails and NVC answered each one. That's 3 questions right there!!!

So you asked those updating 3 times your email adress ?
Or I can send all that in 1 mail ? 

Does it really make things go faster?

5 minutes ago, O-D said:

So you asked those updating 3 times your email adress ?
Or I can send all that in 1 mail ? 

Does it really make things go faster?

Yes you can ask in one email, but I did it separate to make sure they had an email for each request. No it does not make it go faster that is not the intent of sending the email, the intent is to be notified when things happen so you will know. But you can also still call too. You only ask once to update your email address!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes you can ask in one email, but I did it separate to make sure they had an email for each request. No it does not make it go faster that is not the intent of sending the email, the intent is to be notified when things happen so you will know. But you can also still call too. You only ask once to update your email address!!!!

And did you send the 3 emails the same day or you waited in between ?
If you ask your nvc they will answer only once they have the number ? And maybe tell you then number before you get the official email or not ?

3 minutes ago, O-D said:

And did you send the 3 emails the same day or you waited in between ?
If you ask your nvc they will answer only once they have the number ? And maybe tell you then number before you get the official email or not ?

No I did not send them all the same day, and yes I knew the information I was requesting because I called them often.

Citizenship Complete!

36 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

We sent our request of arrival, case number and departure from the NVC as one email.

is this a problem? 

No I would not think so, I just sent separate so they would not be all together, you can always send another if you are concerned.

Citizenship Complete!

8 hours ago, O-D said:

Thanks 

I stated to use the question box.

Enter the petitioner's information as well as the beneficiary's in the "box". Full name, Date of Birth, NOA2 receipt number and WAC number. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys,

we got our NOA2 hardcopy today :) Tried to update the email address at NVC according to @Greenbaum 's instructions in the first post of this thread, following the link and filling everything in ... but every single time I hit "submit" I get an error message saying "invalid date of birth", so it won't send. Did anyone come across this problem before? I tried at 3 different times during the day, using 2 different browsers.. still doesn't work. My birth date is definitely correct and in the right format, I tried both, using the calendar function as well as typing it in manually. 

Any advice is highly appreciated :) 

1 hour ago, Kat & K said:

Hi guys,

we got our NOA2 hardcopy today :) Tried to update the email address at NVC according to @Greenbaum 's instructions in the first post of this thread, following the link and filling everything in ... but every single time I hit "submit" I get an error message saying "invalid date of birth", so it won't send. Did anyone come across this problem before? I tried at 3 different times during the day, using 2 different browsers.. still doesn't work. My birth date is definitely correct and in the right format, I tried both, using the calendar function as well as typing it in manually. 

Any advice is highly appreciated :) 

Yes it happens all the time use today's date as your birth date or another date that works  then explain it in the box and correct it in the box. I would have thought they would have fixed that by now.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes it happens all the time use today's date as your birth date or another date that works  then explain it in the box and correct it in the box. I would have thought they would have fixed that by now.

Thanks, easy fix :) 

5 hours ago, Kat & K said:

Thanks, easy fix :) 

Less steps is you spell out the month. Similarly fix with no additional steps. Many have witnessed this problem. 

Enter the petitioner's information as well as the beneficiary's in the "box". Full name, Date of Birth, (use DD/MONTH/YYYY, i.e., 08/April/2019 for the DOB field) NOA2 receipt number and WAC number.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.