Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
9 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The income level is different depending where you live. Hawaii is one considered to stand on it's own with the requirement for 2 is $19,460. So your above the income requirement. You will not need a cosponsor.  https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

You quoted from the I864 requirements for the general CONUS and DC areas. There is a separate schedule for both Hawaii and Alaska. He does not need a cosponsor as his income is enough to meet the requirements.

That would be correct, I didn't notice the filer was In Hawaii so those requirements would apply to him, thanks @Greenbaum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hi! On Friday 12.04., after 45min hold, I finally got our case number! So whoever is calling there, just keep hanging, you'll get through them!

Yesterday I checked the status that was on "at NVC" and this morning it was already "in transit"! I tried the DHL tracking reference for 16.04. but mine wasn't in it. I saw someone mentioned Wednesday as well? Are there specific dates when they send them out? I saw here Tuesday and Wednesday every other week, is that correct?

Good luck to everyone!

(My timeline is not 100% accurate yet as my fiancé is the one getting all the emails and mails and he is on his military training at the moment with no access to internet)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

How often shall I call the NVC? Our NOA2 was 20 days ago today. I called yesterday and they said they haven't received it yet...

I don't want to bug them but am super keen to get the case number. 

Edited by Ella and James

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey all,

I have a question regarding the I-134. This is my first year doing taxes and I am above the 125% poverty line. However is it required to take the last three years of tax transcripts ? If so, does this mean I need a cosponsor? 

Edited by Gisguz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, CLUAE said:

Thank you for the info, but i read several cases here that even though they put USEM as their embassy NVC still sent their petition to the wrong embassy. how can i prevent that to happen? Should i call NVC and ask where they are going to send our petition?

If their current residence as of when the petition was filed was not in the Philippines (regardless of future plans to move back before the interview), then it was not an error. That's what they're supposed to do (petitioners are often unaware of which embassy/consulate in their fiance(e)'s country handles immigrant/immigrant-intent visas, are unaware the embassy/consulate that handles immigrant/immigrant intent visas for their fiance(e)'s country is in another country, or incorrectly believe they must go through their fiance(e)'s country of citizenship even if they live elsewhere). Though occasionally they do make a genuine mistake, the vast majority of "they sent my case to the wrong embassy/consulate" stories we hear here are when people pick something different than the right consulate for the beneficiary's last listed address of residence.

Honestly, there's no reason for the embassy/consulate choice box to even be on the form. If the beneficiary has moved to another country since the petition was filed, or wants to interview in another country for other reasons (local embassy is closed or understaffed is the most likely to be granted), they will have to request a transfer.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ella and James said:

How often shall I call the NVC? Our NOA2 was 20 days ago today. I called yesterday and they said they haven't received it yet...

I don't see any harm in calling daily at this point.

We still haven't heard anything back on our contact form either

Ummm, hi, someone just got their NOA2 🙋‍♀️.

Was I being too subtle? IT WAS MEEEEEE!!! 

*does cartwheels off walls*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Ummm, hi, someone just got their NOA2 🙋‍♀️.

Was I being too subtle? IT WAS MEEEEEE!!! 

*does cartwheels off walls*

Congrats! When did you receive NOA1?

22 minutes ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Congrats! When did you receive NOA1?

NOA1 was dated 12th December. NOA2 dated 16th April (on the case tracker - not received the paper letter yet).

4 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

If their current residence as of when the petition was filed was not in the Philippines (regardless of future plans to move back before the interview), then it was not an error. That's what they're supposed to do (petitioners are often unaware of which embassy/consulate in their fiance(e)'s country handles immigrant/immigrant-intent visas, are unaware the embassy/consulate that handles immigrant/immigrant intent visas for their fiance(e)'s country is in another country, or incorrectly believe they must go through their fiance(e)'s country of citizenship even if they live elsewhere). Though occasionally they do make a genuine mistake, the vast majority of "they sent my case to the wrong embassy/consulate" stories we hear here are when people pick something different than the right consulate for the beneficiary's last listed address of residence.

Honestly, there's no reason for the embassy/consulate choice box to even be on the form. If the beneficiary has moved to another country since the petition was filed, or wants to interview in another country for other reasons (local embassy is closed or understaffed is the most likely to be granted), they will have to request a transfer.

Do NVC base where to send the petition on the current address of the beneficiary? 

13 hours ago, Eva_AJ said:

Hi! On Friday 12.04., after 45min hold, I finally got our case number! So whoever is calling there, just keep hanging, you'll get through them!

Yesterday I checked the status that was on "at NVC" and this morning it was already "in transit"! I tried the DHL tracking reference for 16.04. but mine wasn't in it. I saw someone mentioned Wednesday as well? Are there specific dates when they send them out? I saw here Tuesday and Wednesday every other week, is that correct?

Good luck to everyone!

(My timeline is not 100% accurate yet as my fiancé is the one getting all the emails and mails and he is on his military training at the moment with no access to internet)

Slow down and read (first page first post) and digest the information that is given. Why do you doubt what has been said over and over? You think we answer your questions deliberately to confuse or get you to make a mistake with a denial? I don't think so.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, CLUAE said:

Do NVC base where to send the petition on the current address of the beneficiary? 

The address that was given initially from the I129f. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

The address that was given initially from the I129f. 

is it the mailing address or the current physical address? because my Fiance put my address in the Philippines on my mailing address

and on the current Physical address was my address in UAE because i was still there when he sent our packet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi all! Just wanted to join the April group! My NOA2 date is 04/02/19. 

I’ve already pretty much compiled everything for the Albania’s Packet 3. Now we’re just waiting for the case number, and then for the NVC to ship our application to the Embassy. 

I calculated an average of 18 days to be assigned the case number based on 15 members from March. I’ll wait till Friday for either a response from NVC in my email, otherwise I’ll call in Friday morning.

Nice to join you guys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
11 hours ago, Ella and James said:

Hi :) I called on day 22 after our NOA2 and they had my case number ready. On day 27 it is already in transit! Just keep calling, it might be frustrating but hang in there, you will get it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.