Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I have one question, at the embassy the lady with smile said congratulations and about receiving back my passport but didn’t get any envelope with my medical exam. I read that I’ll gonna need that on the POE, right? So what about it? Will it come with with my passport?

2 hours ago, lilek.k said:

I have one question, at the embassy the lady with smile said congratulations and about receiving back my passport but didn’t get any envelope with my medical exam. I read that I’ll gonna need that on the POE, right? So what about it? Will it come with with my passport?

Wow. It's only been hours and your in a panic. Yours will come with your passport just like it does for everyone else. Some embassies use the new evisa.

http://www.lovevisalife.com/2018/09/new-us-evisa-system-replacing-hand-carry-visa-packets/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Joining the club here. Finally got the NVC case number today... and it was assigned early enough that it should be on the shipment tomorrow. My NOA2 approval notice was dated 4/26/2019, so it took a while. Bounced back to USCIS and then back to NVC for unspecified reasons for about 10 weeks.

Going to complete DS-160 shortly. I know steps can be started before the petition reaches the consulate, but does that include fee and scheduling? I've looked at the P3 for CDJ, and it doesn't say much about when you can schedule, though I'm looking through regional forums for the exact answer. I know appointments tend to take forever in CDJ so just trying to do as much upfront as possible.

Thanks for all of the wisdom in the thread left for us that are following!

5 hours ago, tim427 said:

Joining the club here. Finally got the NVC case number today... and it was assigned early enough that it should be on the shipment tomorrow. My NOA2 approval notice was dated 4/26/2019, so it took a while. Bounced back to USCIS and then back to NVC for unspecified reasons for about 10 weeks.

Going to complete DS-160 shortly. I know steps can be started before the petition reaches the consulate, but does that include fee and scheduling? I've looked at the P3 for CDJ, and it doesn't say much about when you can schedule, though I'm looking through regional forums for the exact answer. I know appointments tend to take forever in CDJ so just trying to do as much upfront as possible.

Thanks for all of the wisdom in the thread left for us that are following!

First have you reviewed the first post on the first page from this thread? 

Here is a liitle information I found:

In Mexico you do need the letter of the consulate because the beneficiary will be asked for it on the medical, the biometrics, and the consulate interview. In my case that I live in the State of Mexico I also need it in order to get the Police certificate.

So yes you can move forward to fill out the DS-160 but wait to schedule the medical, biometrics and interview until you have the letter with you.

For what I have read if the letter doesn't arrive you can ask for a copy in the Information Window in the consulate in Ciudad Juarez. Since I am doing the Biometrics and Medical in Mexico City and only the Interview in Ciudad Juarez, we do need to wait for the letter. I will try to find out if I can get a copy of it in the Embassy in Mexico City.

From

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/568483-october-2015-i-129f-filers-edited-title/page-42

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello Everybody :) 

an update from my case ! After 14 days in administrative processing because I had to fill in another affidavit of support instead of a co sponsor doc, my case turned to READY !!!!!!! Meaning I will receive my visa in a few days hopefully ! Gosh it was so long ! I will let you know when I do receive it but I already want to thank every one of you because we are a big family, All in this together and I wouldn't have make it through without reading your approvals or nice messages.

For those still waiting, hang in there and if you want to talk to vent or to learn to know each other better, don't hesitate to send me a private message 

Kind regards, 

Marie ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Weee~ We got approved and shortly after, I got to pick up my passport! My big package for the PoE also looks a bit different than some others I've seen on the forum, but I assume it varies by embassy. I'm leaving in a bit over a month and we're super excited to start a new capture in our life. <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks @Greenbaum. Appreciate the links. And yes have reviewed the PDF as well.

Word in the regional forum seems to be that you can schedule without receiving the letter, but we may wait a bit. Just need to complete DS-160 and pay the fee. Because of the mail in Mexico, sometimes the letters never arrive. And you can get a letter at the consulate as you mention, which is necessary to bring to all of the appointments.

If it helps anyone, I did receive a letter via email from the NVC when they sent out the packet yesterday which had the DOS case number. And our status has already changed to "ready" in CEAC, even though the physical shipment hasn't even left Boston much less arrived at CDJ.

5 hours ago, tim427 said:

Word in the regional forum seems to be that you can schedule without receiving the letter, but we may wait a bit. Just need to complete DS-160 and pay the fee. Because of the mail in Mexico, sometimes the letters never arrive. And you can get a letter at the consulate as you mention, which is necessary to bring to all of the appointments.

If it helps anyone, I did receive a letter via email from the NVC when they sent out the packet yesterday which had the DOS case number. And our status has already changed to "ready" in CEAC, even though the physical shipment hasn't even left Boston much less arrived at CDJ.

I seem to be in the same boat as you. NVC received my case from USCIS last Monday, but I still haven't received an email from NVC with the DOS number. Do I need that in order to apply for the DS-160? 

5 hours ago, AlbanX said:

I seem to be in the same boat as you. NVC received my case from USCIS last Monday, but I still haven't received an email from NVC with the DOS number. Do I need that in order to apply for the DS-160? 

Your case number is asked for when you begin the DS-160. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

10 hours ago, tim427 said:

There is an electronic version of your case that is sent before your paper file. It trips the "ready" button before the paper file arrives hence that is why you find this to be your status.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

My fiancé is flying in Wednesday and has his big envelope ready for his entrance. He gave the doctor a copy of his vaccination card with his records and we noticed some but not all of his vaccines were transcribed onto the medical approval form given to him by the doctor. Does anyone know if that copy of his vaccination records will be in the envelope if we need it for the future? Or does he need to go to his own doctor's office and get another copy?

1 hour ago, Dani and Alex said:

My fiancé is flying in Wednesday and has his big envelope ready for his entrance. He gave the doctor a copy of his vaccination card with his records and we noticed some but not all of his vaccines were transcribed onto the medical approval form given to him by the doctor. Does anyone know if that copy of his vaccination records will be in the envelope if we need it for the future? Or does he need to go to his own doctor's office and get another copy?

The vaccinations that were given at the exam may suffice for AOS and may not. Without seeing the DS-3025 it is hard to ascertain just where you are. You will need to see a civil surgeon once you begin the AOS paperwork. They will transcribe to a form I-693 which you will use for the AOS.

This is the updated USCIS policy manual and it describes what is required: https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html

"Special rules may apply to certain foreign nationals who were examined overseas, including certain nonimmigrant fiancé(e)s or spouses of U.S. citizens (K visa), spouses of lawful permanent residents (V visa), refugees, and asylee dependents. Such foreign nationals usually do not need to repeat the full immigration medical exam in the United States for purposes of adjustment of status."

Andhttps://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter3.html#S-B

"K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination."

A second medical exam is not required for the K-1.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Sadly, my fiancée was denied. He was give no explanation and she didn’t even look at any of the evidence he had on him.  Really heartbroken right now .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.