Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, ADandSL said:

Sadly, my fiancée was denied. He was give no explanation and she didn’t even look at any of the evidence he had on him.  Really heartbroken right now .

Sorry to hear that. Give it a day and the two of you discuss the interview.  Have him walk you through the interview with a focus on the questions asked. Also, did receive any paperwork from the CO?  If you have questions after your discussion return hete and ask and will try working through this with you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 7/31/2019 at 8:49 AM, Greenbaum said:

Sorry to hear that. Give it a day and the two of you discuss the interview.  Have him walk you through the interview with a focus on the questions asked. Also, did receive any paperwork from the CO?  If you have questions after your discussion return hete and ask and will try working through this with you.

Sorry for the delayed response. They didn’t explain to him why. They asked three questions. How did you meet your fiancée, how many times, and where do you want to have your wedding? He answered truthfully that we met through my cousin. The first we met one time in Ethiopia and after that began messaging and talking on the phone. I returned 10 months later to reunite with him where he proposed. After his interview the officer informed him that he was denied. When he asked why, she wouldn’t explain why and told him to ask me. I’m not sure on what to do. I am conflicted between waiting for the NOIR or getting married and applying for K3. Thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, ADandSL said:

Sorry for the delayed response. They didn’t explain to him why. They asked three questions. How did you meet your fiancée, how many times, and where do you want to have your wedding? He answered truthfully that we met through my cousin. The first we met one time in Ethiopia and after that began messaging and talking on the phone. I returned 10 months later to reunite with him where he proposed. After his interview the officer informed him that he was denied. When he asked why, she wouldn’t explain why and told him to ask me. I’m not sure on what to do. I am conflicted between waiting for the NOIR or getting married and applying for K3. Thoughts? 

I'm going out on a limb here and from the "ask her" answer I believe there is something in your past that sends a red flag. Could be as simple as a document that shows something amiss or something else. This is one of those things you'll need to work through once you have the NOID. If you want to DM me privately I have no problem with that. I may not have all the answers but I will help you find them or find someone who is more up to date to answer.

I recommend to wait to see what the NOID says before jumping to the next visa. BTW, you would use the CR-1/IR-1 visa if you decide to get married as the K3 is pretty much a dead visa option.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm going out on a limb here and from the "ask her" answer I believe there is something in your past that sends a red flag. Could be as simple as a document that shows something amiss or something else. This is one of those things you'll need to work through once you have the NOID. If you want to DM me privately I have no problem with that. I may not have all the answers but I will help you find them or find someone who is more up to date to answer.

I recommend to wait to see what the NOID says before jumping to the next visa. BTW, you would use the CR-1/IR-1 visa if you decide to get married as the K3 is pretty much a dead visa option.

Okay, thank you so much. What is the average time that it takes to get the NOID? And once i get the NOID, I’ll be able to respond, right? And try to get it reaffirmed?

3 hours ago, ADandSL said:

Okay, thank you so much. What is the average time that it takes to get the NOID? And once i get the NOID, I’ll be able to respond, right? And try to get it reaffirmed?

You can expect 2-3 weeks to receive the hard copy of the NOID. Typically a "hard" NOID returns to USCIS and dies. That's why I say to wait to see what yours states. Try and not get ahead of yourself. There isn't anything you can do but wait for the NOID.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Our NOA2 arrived July 5th, unfortunately the NVC still hasn't received our case or assigned a case number. We keep calling them twice a week, im just so impatient! Hope the case didn't get lost in transit from USCIS to NVC...

4 minutes ago, Sanella&Dylan said:

Our NOA2 arrived July 5th, unfortunately the NVC still hasn't received our case or assigned a case number. We keep calling them twice a week, im just so impatient! Hope the case didn't get lost in transit from USCIS to NVC...

That's timeline is running longer then most. You may want to contact USCIS to determine the whereabouts of your case. Normal shipping runs 30 days to NVC

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

That's timeline is running longer then most. You may want to contact USCIS to determine the whereabouts of your case. Normal shipping runs 30 days to NVC

I just send the NVC a message. They send us an email last week that it can take up to 6 weeks for them to receive a case from the USCIS. Ridiculous ..

1 hour ago, Sanella&Dylan said:

I just send the NVC a message. They send us an email last week that it can take up to 6 weeks for them to receive a case from the USCIS. Ridiculous ..

That's funny. They have the gold so they get to make the rules. When you get the gold we'll look forward to your rule changes. 

Editor's note: I doubt that will ever happen.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 8/12/2019 at 9:39 PM, Greenbaum said:

That's funny. They have the gold so they get to make the rules. When you get the gold we'll look forward to your rule changes. 

Editor's note: I doubt that will ever happen.  

Thank you for responding so quickly. I called the NVC on Friday and our case was received the 13th. Today I saw on CEAC that the case was already mailed out to the embassy! 😁

36 minutes ago, Sanella&Dylan said:

Thank you for responding so quickly. I called the NVC on Friday and our case was received the 13th. Today I saw on CEAC that the case was already mailed out to the embassy! 😁

Today is a big day for some as your case file may ship out to your embassy. Check CEAC for updated progress and look for "in transit"!! If that shows you are on your way. Shipments are throughout today and tomorrow so don't get discourage if your record at CEAC has not changed over to "in transit” Also, for those who want to have a little fun in tracking your shipment see the DHL hack on the first page of this thread NUMBER 19 for instructions. NOTE: The DHL hack information will not be available till Wednesday as the DHL and NVC computers must sync with each other to produce the outcome.

You have three stages 1) transit - shipment is in the air or soon will be, 2) received - physical case file is at the Embassy and 3) ready - your case is ready to schedule and complete your interview.  These will be your current state or status to your case file once you have received the case number. Once your record is set to "ready" you are ready to proceed in processing your next steps as listed in your P3 for your embassy.  I have most P3 if you hit me up with a request, I will post back the links.

Please don't screenshot and post your CEAC status as it just clutters up the thread. We all know what it looks like. Let us know your progress as we want to celebrate with you. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone! I am a newbie and been researching VJ for a while. We have applied for K1 and my child has been applied for in the petition along with me. I have a lot of questions but here is one that has been worrying me the most

1. Sole custody for my child is in process in court. At what stage do I need to share the custody papers with NVC/Embassy? and for how long DS-160 can be put on hold (Since custody is required to get his passport)? My NOA2 was 27th July and will expire on 27th November. 

Thanks in advance

16 hours ago, DNA-VC said:

Hi Everyone! I am a newbie and been researching VJ for a while. We have applied for K1 and my child has been applied for in the petition along with me. I have a lot of questions but here is one that has been worrying me the most

1. Sole custody for my child is in process in court. At what stage do I need to share the custody papers with NVC/Embassy? and for how long DS-160 can be put on hold (Since custody is required to get his passport)? My NOA2 was 27th July and will expire on 27th November. 

Thanks in advance

Q1. At the interview. 

Q2. Dont start the DS-160 till you're ready to complete it in one seating.

Q3. If this drags out to November then at sometime in November you'll contact the embassy to extend.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Q1. At the interview. 

Q2. Dont start the DS-160 till you're ready to complete it in one seating.

Q3. If this drags out to November then at sometime in November you'll contact the embassy to extend.

Thanks a lot!!! It won't drag till November (Insha'Allah)

How long after filling out DS-160 one could schedule an interview?? We are expecting a notification from NVC in a couple weeks, so you suggest hold off paying the visa fees too? And how do we extend NOA2?? Does it affect our case in any way?

Appreciate your help

Edited by DNA-VC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.