HELP K1 visa with Moroccan male citizens

66 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

they do look over the packets before interview

i think (my opinion only) that many decisions are made them 

but many can still have a good interview if the Moroccan is well prepared

seems they like the person to know and write decent  English

they like the person to be confident

they like the person to have a well informed plan for what he/she will do in the US like study or work

they like to know the Moroccan family approves especially the mother so photos of american with moroccan family are noted

they don't like to see the USC sends money to moroccan although I did for him to get his license as it saved me $85 an hour for instructor here

Yes I agree, the interview is more of a formality , well I am happy to see things picking up there. I have definitely changed my outlook on the CO's in the last couple of days, their jobs are not easy and judging simply by what I have seen they are in all their right to be cautious and difficult, I recant my previous rants on the unfairness of it all, yes some slip through the cracks but mind blowing is all I have to say.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naomi Thomas said:

I’m with his family not alone 

my family didn’t support me or pay for me to go to Morocco my fiancé did I was in a different country and my mom made hell for us so we left 

my documents are with my father and he won’t let them go 

we are not talking about alone

you share the house with him /in every way this is not good in Morocco to the judge and he will probably have to pay him 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

we are not talking about alone

you share the house with him /in every way this is not good in Morocco to the judge and he will probably have to pay him 

Understood 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Yes I agree, the interview is more of a formality , well I am happy to see things picking up there. I have definitely changed my outlook on the CO's in the last couple of days, their jobs are not easy and judging simply by what I have seen they are in all their right to be cautious and difficult, I recant my previous rants on the unfairness of it all, yes some slip through the cracks but mind blowing is all I have to say.

Co's have a job and are under pressure as if things go wrong in the US with an approval,  it is noted who approved

but it is mindblowing

and some CO's are downright rude and that is uncalled for 

they can deny but they shouldn't call people liars, etc and they do

one in Tunisia asked a man why he would marry a fat woman   / totally uncalled for 

they need to keep the interview professional and give good valid reasons for denials and Casa  doesn't for K1 's

i also think when they ask a question like what is the USC favorite food or color ,  they should know from emails or texts between the 2 the answer

4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Co's have a job and are under pressure as if things go wrong in the US with an approval,  it is noted who approved

but it is mindblowing

and some CO's are downright rude and that is uncalled for 

they can deny but they shouldn't call people liars, etc and they do

one in Tunisia asked a man why he would marry a fat woman   / totally uncalled for 

they need to keep the interview professional and give good valid reasons for denials and Casa  doesn't for K1 's

i also think when they ask a question like what is the USC favorite food or color ,  they should know from emails or texts between the 2 the answer

True, everything should remain professional at all times but can you imagine those people day in and day out? How do you think I'd fair as a CO ?? LOL just kidding , I am fair , that was a joke..I just really am glad that te numbers are higher and contrary to popular belief, I just want everyone to get approved , and that's it.

Timeline

OP

sorry we got off topic

but you need to do more research

to immigrate here for him,  you will be his main sponsor 

and sounds like both mother and father will not be a big help and even cosponsor

i sincerely hope you have an extended family here in the US that you can return to and get the help getting your birth certificate

you can be and i am sure you are fully in love at age 17 but soon the reality will kick in with all the marriage requirements for morocco (or USA)

and all you will need to do for his visa

learn more than just what to do to marry

learn the steps and know this process for a visa is long (CR1 taking about 14 months now)

and understand that an approval is not quaranteed even for a spouse visa 

they are going to look at your income

your living arrangements 

the education of both of you

and you will need to have all the fees 

$535 for application

$445 for NVC

$220 immigrant fee

the medical exam at this time is costing over $300

K1 is not that cheaper as is $535 application

$265 embassy fee

$1225 AOS after marriage

and to add to all this there are the marriage costs /  i point out again all your documents 6 copies at $20 a page plus the embassy $100,  the marriage license, the travel to all the cities for the documents and interviews,   the medical exams, and to pay off any who demand it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you have somewhere to live back in the US,  do you have a High School Diploma?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

These message boards have a culture of not judging other people's relationships too harshly, and that is generally good.

But this situation crosses some legal and ethical lines, and I don't think it's helpful to continue providing visa advice in the same way that everyone here would to an adult. OP is a minor who, by her own admission, has run away from her parents. Her fiance is a 24 year old man who has crossed international borders with a 17 year old girl, and has paid for her transport. I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the precise definitions of human trafficking. But I kinda think the K-1 vs. CR-1 discussion is moot here, even under the best of circumstances.

Does anyone know of resources that Naomi could connect with that would help defuse this fraught situation? International mediation services, or something like that? It sounds like she will need someone to help mediate discussions between herself, her family, her fiance, and various governmental entities. Naomi, you're going to be fine -- I'm not implying that you are a victim. But it sounds like you are in over your head. I'm hoping someone will be able to recommend people you can talk to, who will help empower you to make some short-term plans. You can always think about marriage and other long-term plans after that. Good luck, young lady.

She is 17 now, not sure how old when this started.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

She is 17 now, not sure how old when this started.

She said she has been living with him since October (six months ago), and it sounds like her 17th birthday was in September (because she said will turn 18 this September). She also implied that she was with her mother in some third country at some point before that, and that an argument with her mother prompted her and the fiance to leave for Morocco.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ReyOfJakku said:

She said she has been living with him since October (six months ago), and it sounds like her 17th birthday was in September (because she said will turn 18 this September). She also implied that she was with her mother in some third country at some point before that, and that an argument with her mother prompted her and the fiance to leave for Morocco.

When it started, I assume there was a lead up before the move.

1 hour ago, ReyOfJakku said:

These message boards have a culture of not judging other people's relationships too harshly, and that is generally good.

But this situation crosses some legal and ethical lines, and I don't think it's helpful to continue providing visa advice in the same way that everyone here would to an adult. OP is a minor who, by her own admission, has run away from her parents. Her fiance is a 24 year old man who has crossed international borders with a 17 year old girl, and has paid for her transport. I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the precise definitions of human trafficking. But I kinda think the K-1 vs. CR-1 discussion is moot here, even under the best of circumstances.

Does anyone know of resources that Naomi could connect with that would help defuse this fraught situation? International mediation services, or something like that? It sounds like she will need someone to help mediate discussions between herself, her family, her fiance, and various governmental entities. Naomi, you're going to be fine -- I'm not implying that you are a victim. But it sounds like you are in over your head. I'm hoping someone will be able to recommend people you can talk to, who will help empower you to make some short-term plans. You can always think about marriage and other long-term plans after that. Good luck, young lady.

As a parent to a child this age, I totally get this.  Particularly with how the world has changed since I myself was 17.  BUT......I did something very similar at 17.   I went to England though, not Morocco.  I can see both sides.  I was not to be dissuaded from my choice at 17, as precarious a position as that choice put me in my relationship with my mom (to the OP: this was not permanent!  I adore my mom.  She was just worried about me).

Honestly, most of us at 50 are not with the person we were with at 17, or even ARE the person we were at 17.  We could lecture the OP on the mistakes she is making, but way back when I was 17, I wanted to be the one to make those mistakes myself, even as I was aware I was making them.

That said, I was always safe in my situation.  OP, I assume you are a sensible girl, and you have good instincts when it comes to your own safety.  If not, please feel free to reach out to me or to the mods here.

Edited by Jorgedig

(Mod action)

One post removed for language.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

She is 17 now,

and her passport is going to expire soon.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.