Naomi Thomas

HELP K1 visa with Moroccan male citizens

66 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

So what is your plan, move back and get a job?

I think most of us are confused as to how you intend to do this.

1st plan• go back home this October to get a job and my documents THEN in summer 2020 go back to Morocco to get married stay for a while THEN come back to Chicago to file CR1 

but this is so expensive to go back and forth and pay so much before paying for the process 

2nd plan• go back home this October get a job that meets the requirements and file for K1 visa 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Most of us here would suggest the 1st plan.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Naomi Thomas said:

1st plan• go back home this October to get a job and my documents THEN in summer 2020 go back to Morocco to get married stay for a while THEN come back to Chicago to file CR1 

but this is so expensive to go back and forth and pay so much before paying for the process 

2nd plan• go back home this October get a job that meets the requirements and file for K1 visa 

I am soooo confused, why not just send for your papers and marry now so by the time you go back to Chicago you have already been married for months and living together, why not be married from now and save yourself the added expense of back and forth? This way when you come back it's get a job and you have time spent as a married couple already?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

I am soooo confused, why not just send for your papers and marry now so by the time you go back to Chicago you have already been married for months and living together, why not be married from now and save yourself the added expense of back and forth? This way when you come back it's get a job and you have time spent as a married couple already?

Sorry for the confusion... I’m confused myself 

reason i can’t send for my papers is because my father has them and won’t give up and I’m not of age to order them 

Just now, Naomi Thomas said:

Sorry for the confusion... I’m confused myself 

reason i can’t send for my papers is because my father has them and won’t give up and I’m not of age to order them 

How old are you Noami? Oh I am seeing the clearer picture here. Your best bet, so long as you are NOT under the age of 18 and stay as long as possible with him until you clear the confusion, there's no other way and by the time that you get them to send them to you or you come get them yourself and get married, you would've spent a good while with him and that would help your case. TBH, if you are above 18 then you should really consider talking to them in a way that allows you your papers and eventually marry and stay there together for a while. DM me if you'd like. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Boiler said:

My tip would be to go the CR1 route.

Exactly. I was about to advise the same. She should seriously look into CR1 chances of him getting K1 approval very tough. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
12 hours ago, Naomi Thomas said:

Location Chicago IL

Need advice about k1 visa my fiancée is from Morocco 

tips for filing the petition 

how to transition from k1 to adjustment of status 

tips about doing the adjustment of status process 

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 

Life after k1 process and marriage with green card spouse 

as for filing jointly for taxes and insurance and all that good stuff

i need so muccch help I don’t know what from what and it’s all scary and stressful 

HELPPP

I would seriously recommend you not go this route. Check the threads here regarding Moroccans and K1 as so many threads here are about Moroccans being denied K1.  Your best and safest choice is to go CR1.  Others will surely advise the same . 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
10 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

I would seriously recommend you not go this route. Check the threads here regarding Moroccans and K1 as so many threads here are about Moroccans being denied K1.  Your best and safest choice is to go CR1.  Others will surely advise the same . 

I spoke to my fiancé now (we are living together now) and he said the CR1 sounds better 

Timeline
Just now, Naomi Thomas said:

I spoke to my fiancé now (we are living together now) and he said the CR1 sounds better 

Glad you chimed in.  The OP hearing from you is great. You guys are smart!  Also CR1 overall is going to be cheaper and at least when he gets here he’ll get his green card Social Security card and be able to work right away. I tried to go that route with my fiancé but ran into some family issues otherwise every day I regret not doing it ! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

The fact that you are living together is a major plus, do you have a co sponsor here? Can you prove domicile, meaning that you are established here? You are required to have income here and provide taxes . I am not too in the know of the steps when you are living there, I am sure others will help, but why not just marry since you are already there?

not for casa embassy

you should not be allowed by his family (and apporved by them ) to live together unmarried

one of the questions a judge who interviews for a marriage license is "have you had sex ?"  they don't split hairs and say slept together / they are very direct

so, at this point ,  you should try the K1 as a marriage license may not be issued in Morocco if you are totally honest and say you are living together

You are only allowed 90 days legally in Morocco so hope you left and went back at some point

and also you are probably there without the necessary douments like current criminal report and birth certificate and proof of income to marry

K1 is going to take as long as a CR1 / at least a year

Note February stats below

CR1 39 approved

IR1  23

K1 16 (this is out of 90 interviews a week for that embassy)

and in August there were no K1's approved

on plus side you have spent enough time together

your age difference is not that bad

you need to file taxes as you will have to have IRS transcripts for the interview

you need a US domicile

check the government poverty guidelines as for K1 approval you need to make 100% of that

for AOS you need to show 125% 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

click on drop down for 48 contiguous states

also the AOS is $1225 after marriage and the whole process of K1 turns out to be more expensive

allah yekbel

Timeline
23 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

not for casa embassy

you should not be allowed by his family (and apporved by them ) to live together unmarried

one of the questions a judge who interviews for a marriage license is "have you had sex ?"  they don't split hairs and say slept together / they are very direct

so, at this point ,  you should try the K1 as a marriage license may not be issued in Morocco if you are totally honest and say you are living together

You are only allowed 90 days legally in Morocco so hope you left and went back at some point

and also you are probably there without the necessary douments like current criminal report and birth certificate and proof of income to marry

K1 is going to take as long as a CR1 / at least a year

Note February stats below

CR1 39 approved

IR1  23

K1 16 (this is out of 90 interviews a week for that embassy)

and in August there were no K1's approved

on plus side you have spent enough time together

your age difference is not that bad

you need to file taxes as you will have to have IRS transcripts for the interview

you need a US domicile

check the government poverty guidelines as for K1 approval you need to make 100% of that

for AOS you need to show 125% 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

click on drop down for 48 contiguous states

also the AOS is $1225 after marriage and the whole process of K1 turns out to be more expensive

allah yekbel

@adil-rafa i live with his family not alone 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

Jeanne, 16 is good, it's improving, that's awesome. 

How do you know that they do 90 a week, that seems steep.

most by obsevation sitting outside embassy 

some by seeing the schedule for interviews that is posted when his mom interviewed and when i set up adil's 1st K1

they start interviews at 8 am with 1 every 15 minutes till noon for K1's

sorry i  meant 80  / i hit the wrong key

actually is unless there is a US or moroccan holiday but they interview in Ramadan

and they do have this many trying for K1's / there was an article concerning the young men wanting to leave the country about 3 years ago in the Marrachek paper

Hilliary addressed the issue in one of her 3 trips to Morocco with a group from that country and the US

Quick google shows you can order a birth certificate in Illinois once you turn 18.

How old are you?

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naomi Thomas said:

@adil-rafa i live with his family not alone 

then if you go back to marry ,  be careful how you address this at the police and judge interviews you will go thru

and how old are you if your dad keeps control of your birth certificate

sounds like you traveled there and can declare yourself emancipated and apply for your own documents

look at least at poverty guidelines as sounds like you are not working 

at the least come back,  get a job (better yet go to college for a career) as the process is not fast,  it is not easy and it is not cheap

and if your dad will not release your papers to you,   sounds like he would help as a cosponsor/ just a guess from what you wrote

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.