Greenbaum

MARCH 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I applied for the same country. Hang in there! I am waiting for my NOA 2. The received it March 18th.

Thanks for the encouragement. This process is more stressful than i thought. We will hear something soon IJN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 6/9/2019 at 2:43 AM, Greenbaum said:

Here is the online form: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

It's what USCIS says to do (see "Have pending applications or petitions..." row): 

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

From this point forward begin to use the new address fir everything. 

Thank you @Greenbaum for this. Just to share with you and the group that we can update the change in email address or mailing address via the ASK NVC website also. I read Greenbaum's PDF file and see this so I updated both the USCIS and NVC on my address change. I submitted the inquiry after I received my NOA2 (around June 7th) and today I received NVC email saying they have updated my addresses. I believe they have just received my case at NVC and that is why they email me back so late. Hope that this is helpful!

Ask NVC website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

@GreenbaumThank you. All these are now installed. 👍

@nosleep Which tracker app are you referring to where you saw cases of rfes and approvals? I will be happy with an RFE just to know that my case has been touched but if i get an approval that'll be better. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
7 hours ago, MB and MG said:

@GreenbaumThank you. All these are now installed. 👍

@nosleep Which tracker app are you referring to where you saw cases of rfes and approvals? I will be happy with an RFE just to know that my case has been touched but if i get an approval that'll be better. 

Hi the currently delisted case tracker app shows for cases received March 27- the following statistics (approximate as it is not easy to exactly read the graphs points - 48 approved, 46 pending and 15 RFEs. 

As a reference point on speed, last Friday there were only 21 approvals.   As I mentioned earlier, things only appeared to slow down because there was a gap from March 22 to March 27 where the app shows they did not log any apps as received until March 27. Log is 108 apps for that date they are working through.  

It’s nerve wracking to be sure and I still look every day.   Our app posted on Wednesday but had been approved on Monday.  

Even with the great trackers it can be mind boggling when you see apps with higher numbers than yours get approved faster.  Some of that is military who are given preference. 

We are all in this complex process together and I thank everyone for their support and encouragement.   And for those who are waiting.  Keep the faith.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

So I got an RFE today. I've read enough on these forums to know not to panic. But I'm also imagining what possible evidence they could be asking for and I won't know until I receive the letter in the mail which was mailed out yesterday.

The CaseTracker app showed me this morning about the RFE and both the old and new websites state the RFE was mailed out June 26th.

My application packet had pictures from two separate trips of me and my fiance in Turkey. The second trip included photos of our engagement ceremony. I had proof of both my flights there. And we both had signed letters stating our intent to marry each other within the 90 days. 

It's just hard to imagine what could be so lacking about my application. It seems others get approved for having much less, but I know that's just an emotional reaction. I don't really know that. And yeah, I know I shouldn't compare my case with other people's, but it really seems just my luck overall.

So I'm seeking any advice you're all willing to give me. What types of things do they ask for in an RFE? When they receive the evidence again, does it take a long time to get the wheels spinning back up? Or is the case primed for approval pending acceptable evidence that they requested? Do people tend to get approve as long as they provide the evidence requested? Like, we weren't denied. So I'm thinking, is it all hinging on that RFE then? 

I got an RFE last year because they couldn’t clearly make out a case number that was stamped on my divorce decree. The number looked legible to me, but obviously someone somewhere felt that they couldn’t read it. After I received the RFE, I sent a clearer copy of the decree in to them, and my case was approved within a few days to a week, iirc, so it seemed that everything else with respect to my petition had already been checked/finished, and the response to the RFE was the last detail. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well I just got a usps informed delivery for today. It is a letter from USCIS. Web accounts say nothing. So I am not sure what it is. I hope it's NOA 2 through address window the background appears same as NOA1 but not sure if their paper they use is different. Oh the agony of waiting all day to see. I work 3-11's today so I won't know until late !! Arrgh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DonnieOlena said:

Well I just got a usps informed delivery for today. It is a letter from USCIS. Web accounts say nothing. So I am not sure what it is. I hope it's NOA 2 through address window the background appears same as NOA1 but not sure if their paper they use is different. Oh the agony of waiting all day to see. I work 3-11's today so I won't know until late !! Arrgh

Are you able to see "Page 1 of 1" in the envelope window?

If so....

Spoiler

CONGRATULATIONS!

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Anxiety is the by product of not having faith in the system that it will work for you and couple that with high expectations. The higher the expectations the farther down the rope of disappointment you have to go to hit bottom. This process is so easy. Follow the rules of engagement, give them what they want and stop checking websites and calling on the phone. Doing those things you will have a much smoother ride. JMHO.

I'm with you. I'm just sitting back and waiting for my letter now, not stressing too much over what the RFE could be. 

2 hours ago, zrdn2019 said:

I got an RFE last year because they couldn’t clearly make out a case number that was stamped on my divorce decree. The number looked legible to me, but obviously someone somewhere felt that they couldn’t read it. After I received the RFE, I sent a clearer copy of the decree in to them, and my case was approved within a few days to a week, iirc, so it seemed that everything else with respect to my petition had already been checked/finished, and the response to the RFE was the last detail. 

Yeah, mine could be something as mundane as that. My application did have divorce paperwork in it. So we'll see!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

I'm with you. I'm just sitting back and waiting for my letter now, not stressing too much over what the RFE could be. 

Yeah, mine could be something as mundane as that. My application did have divorce paperwork in it. So we'll see!

Yeah, just try not to spin your wheels too much. Easier said than done, I know, but it’s totally out of your control at this moment so just exhale and think positive thoughts. 🤷‍♀️👍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes for all the systems to update once your case is approved. It seems like when people find out they were approved days have already passed from the date the actual approval took place.

11 minutes ago, TennilleO said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for all the systems to update once your case is approved. It seems like when people find out they were approved days have already passed from the date the actual approval took place.

I think it is so random. Mine was updated the same day of approval on the app and old website, which are connected, but a lot are updated days afterwards. The new website for me never updated at all. 

Edited by Mimiso

23 minutes ago, TennilleO said:

Don't put much faith in the website or how notifications are dissimulated. Just go with the flow. Dates don't mean anything and you don't use them for anything. It could have approval Christmas day 2018 and it has no baring whatsoever on your case. Just keeping it real.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.