Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You don't want to be in front of a CO fumbling for papers. It usually doesn't end well. Just saying.

Was messy but we managed!

All went good, we are approved but I just need to bring back Birth certificate from my birth country. I was under the impression it was ‘transefered’ here because I would always get it from my home town so that was the only one I had. Anyway, Rob and I will travel tomorrow to get it and do some sight seeing at the same time.

They returned me my passport and told me once I bring  it back with birth certificate visa will be issued in couple of days. CO was lovely, she commented on my belly and she said she remembers me from last time when I got tourist visa to see Rob. 

I couldnt have been more nervous, luckily Rob was able to follow me to each counter. We were both asked how did we meet, how many times, when did he get divorced and how he obtained his naturalization (he is from the UK orriginaly).  I will go for a nap now because I am knackered and he is watching Top Gear 🚗

Thank you all and good luck to you guys who are waiting! I will let you know what happened afer I get my document. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi. My case will be transferred to Bogota, Colombia because Venezuela Embassy is closed due inestable situation. Can someone please send me the Packet 3 from Bogota , Colombia? @Greenbaum if you have it, please help me. Thanks very much who can help me in this regard...

1 hour ago, Bob & Karla said:

Hi. My case will be transferred to Bogota, Colombia because Venezuela Embassy is closed due inestable situation. Can someone please send me the Packet 3 from Bogota , Colombia? @Greenbaum if you have it, please help me. Thanks very much who can help me in this regard...

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Colombia and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hB3bl9Snfkb0NiMVFUd2JsVjA/view  as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

https://co.usembassy.gov/visas/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Ppl doing their vaccinations in Columbia can do them with anyone not connected to the approved medical center where  your exam will take place saving you a lot of money. Be sure to get a receipt that states every single vaccination that you received. See list below that are required vaccinations. Then during your medical present the receipt for the vaccinations to the Doctor and ask that they be transposed to the DS-3025 and marked COMPLETE! Very important that they are marked complete. You will use this document once you are married and filing your AOS package.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

22 hours ago, Bob & Karla said:

PM me with an email

I will send it to you

Cata

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Anastasia's interview was this morning (Moscow time, so still last night here in California) and the interviewer informed her she was approved. 😊

Best Valentine's present ever, I think.

Congratulations!

:oops:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Got my K1 visa on hand a week ago, so so happy! :D

Would like to start doing my AOS research right now. Does anyone know any thread regarding AOS that I can join?

K1 Visa

9 May 2018 - Received Date for NOA1

3 November 2018 - Notice Date for NOA2 (on I-797)

5 November 2018 - Notice Date for NOA2 (USCIS website)

16 November 2018 - Received I-797 physical letter from USCIS

26 November 2018 - NVC received petition

8 December 2018 - Case Number Received!

26 December 2018 - In Transit

3 Jan 2019 - Case received by US Embassy Singapore

8 Jan 2019 - Packet 3 received!

23 Jan 2019 - Received Interview date 

30 Jan 2019 - Interview date and passed!

31 Jan 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Ready" to "Application Received"

1 Feb 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Application Received" to "Administrative Processing"

4 Feb 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued"

5 Feb 2019 - Received e-mail/SMS to pick passport up

7 Feb 2019 - Visa and Package to be surrendered to US Immigration in hand

AOS

30 April 2019 - Package sent with FedEx 

1 May 2019 - Package received my USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

5 May  2019 - Fees deducted from Credit Card

6 May 2019 - NOA1 received from text!

27 June 2019 - RFIE received via text/email

1 July 2019 - Letter for RFIE received

2 July 2019 - Sent back RFIE

3 July 2019 - USCIS changed status to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence Was Received

11 Sept 2019 - Testing and Interview 

30 Sept 2019 - EAD Card Produced

2 Oct 2019 - EAD Card is being Mailed to Me

13 April 2020 - EAD Renewal NOA1

28 July 2020 - Case was approved for EAD

3 August 2020 - Received NOA2 (I-797) form stating that my EAD and AP approved

10 August 2020 - Card was mailed to me

11 August 2020 - Card was picked up by the USPS

3 hours ago, tiggermuffin said:

Got my K1 visa on hand a week ago, so so happy! :D

Would like to start doing my AOS research right now. Does anyone know any thread regarding AOS that I can join?

Go to the top of this page, in the blue ribbon that stretches across the page you will come upon a tab labeled "forums". Select it and work your way down the descriptions and you will find that topic. Also, for information on what is included in the AOS package also from that blue ribbon you will see "guides" select it and scroll through the many offerings until you get a match.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, tirzajogja said:

APPROVED!

I had my interview on Feb 12 and brought all of the documents they asked on P3 letter they emailed me.

On the day of interview the CO said that my visa was 99% approved. They have an additional requirement and they told us on the day of the interview haha. So they ask for 2018 IRS tax return transcript. Once that transcript is emailed to the embassy they can issue the visa. 

I was putting on AP for 3 days then the status changes to be issued now. So Happy! Congrats everyone who have been approved or even got married! To those who are still waiting, have faith! Your visa will be coming to you soon!

Congratulations. Do not buy airline tickets until you have the visa in hand and you have gone over it to insure that everything is correct from the names to the spelling of the names. Any errors will delay you so you probably would have to change your airline ticket with a new date. Can you say $$$$ :crying:

Thanks for the updated information on the IRS Tax Transcript requirement. I was able to note that in my information for Indonesia. Once question if you please, did you have to submit your I-134 and was yours a copy or with the "wet" signature?

Congrats again.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, tirzajogja said:

APPROVED!

I had my interview on Feb 12 and brought all of the documents they asked on P3 letter they emailed me.

On the day of interview the CO said that my visa was 99% approved. They have an additional requirement and they told us on the day of the interview haha. So they ask for 2018 IRS tax return transcript. Once that transcript is emailed to the embassy they can issue the visa. 

I was putting on AP for 3 days then the status changes to be issued now. So Happy! Congrats everyone who have been approved or even got married! To those who are still waiting, have faith! Your visa will be coming to you soon!

Congratulations!

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 2/15/2019 at 7:45 AM, tirzajogja said:

APPROVED!

Congrats! 🎈 please Where can someone check the status after k1 visa approval?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Carole Joëlle said:

Congrats! 🎈 please Where can someone check the status after k1 visa approval?

Thank you!

You can check it through website CEAC and choose immigrant visa. You will need your case number or application number  

K1 Visa

04/23/2018 - Mailed I-129F package to Dallas, TX

04/25/2018 - NOA 1 (old website)

04/30/2018 - Electronic NOA 1 (new website)

05/04/2018 - Received NOA 1 Hardcopy in mailbox (Notice Date : 04/30/2018)

11/06/2018 - NOA 2 via text message and old website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.