Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

I don’t understand, are you saying after your interview it was in AP and a day later it went to approved? And then six days later it said issued? 

Did they give you a 221g denied Administrative processing letter? I’m confused no stone was left unturned only my fiancé had to give them my original divorce records today at the interview I had sent copies.

thanks jennav

Interview Jan 22 and we were approved with a pink slip that stated our visa was approved and a date to pick up passports. Jan 23 it changed to AP, Jan 28 it changed to Issued then Jan 29 got email to pick up passports which was yesterday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys! I just checked the status of my case on ceac and it says ready. I haven’t received an email or packet 3 for Montreal from the embassy yet but I know what I have to send in since I’ve seen it many times posted here and online. Should I go ahead and send in DS 160 reciept and all other requirements or wait until the embassy contacts me or sends hard copy of Packet 3? Thanks! 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kkimpala said:

Hey guys! I just checked the status of my case on ceac and it says ready. I haven’t received an email or packet 3 for Montreal from the embassy yet but I know what I have to send in since I’ve seen it many times posted here and online. Should I go ahead and send in DS 160 reciept and all other requirements or wait until the embassy contacts me or sends hard copy of Packet 3? Thanks! 

we almost have the same timeline, yeah when i checked also the CEAC today my status changed to "Ready", i guess we need to wait the packet 3 to arrive on our mail 

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ErickandLeo said:

we almost have the same timeline, yeah when i checked also the CEAC today my status changed to "Ready", i guess we need to wait the packet 3 to arrive on our mail 

I sent an email to the Montreal embassy just inquiring about the status of my case. Hopefully they will reply with an electronic copy of packet 3 so I can send that over asap. I’ll keep you posted if I get a response! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kkimpala said:

I sent an email to the Montreal embassy just inquiring about the status of my case. Hopefully they will reply with an electronic copy of packet 3 so I can send that over asap. I’ll keep you posted if I get a response! 

Thanks! any idea what is the earliest date open for interview? What province are you in Canada? Winnipeg, MB represent! 😁

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Timeline
Just now, ErickandLeo said:

Thanks! any idea what is the earliest date open for interview? What province are you in Canada? Winnipeg, MB represent! 😁

I’m filing from Ontario!:) I actually have no idea how to check the interview date availability! I’ve seen other people on here say they were able to check but I’m not sure how:(

2 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

Hi Greenbaum, ok here is what happened today. I had originally sent my fiancé copies of my divorce records to give the Embassy, the embassy contacted us and said I needed to give my fiancé originals which I did and she gave the officer today. My fiancé signed a sheet saying she would marry me and the officer took her passports. My fiancé asked when we would have the visa and the officer said he would try to make it as short as possible. He only asked how we met and when. So now we are in Administrative processing so what do you guys think?

Can you send me a copy of the letter where the entire text, left to right is showing and I will reply. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

AP Explained

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. Your mileage may vary.

When the Embassy is ready to issue a visa, it will change to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application"; at that time, you will know that you are a few days away from getting the visa. It will go from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" status and then your visa changes to "Ready" ==> "Administrative Processing" ==>> "Issued" status as well. These steps sometimes transpire over a day or even a few days. Some smaller Embassy's it happens within hours.

Sometimes, it might skip "Administrative Processing" and go from "Ready" to "Issued". You must continue waiting. It will happen.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Can you send me a copy of the letter where the entire text, left to right is showing and I will reply. Thanks.

Thanks greenbaum, PM’d you

21 hours ago, emm21717 said:

mine just started working and was changed to issued!! wahoooo...I wonder if whenthey are working on our cases they don't load..hmmm who knows! 

Today neither site are loading for me 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

21 hours ago, Kkimpala said:

I’m filing from Ontario!:) I actually have no idea how to check the interview date availability! I’ve seen other people on here say they were able to check but I’m not sure how:(

Read the P3 letter below for your embassy. The instructions in their on how to do this and other steps. Also there is a sub-forum here on VJ with others from Canada doing the same thing you are and others who have been there and done that. Get over to the Sub-forum and begin asking questions from  those folks. @ErickandLeo @Kkimpala This would help you also.

You have to wait for P3 which takes 2-4 weeks from Ready. Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actual one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS-160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterwards.

Packet 3: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf  And Packet 4 for reference also: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

For all things dealing with the US Consulate in Canada head on over to the sub-forum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

AP Status After Interview  - What is it?

No one can say with any certainty when your visa will be issued. Administrative processing is at its most frustrating when it goes on for several months. Typically this is caused by a consular post waiting for a response on some form of advisory opinion. Although, as was experienced in 2014 and 2015, processing delays may also result from system failures in the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) and more recently due to additional administrative hurdles such as the recent flurry of executive orders regarding visa issuance. We have seen some who have experienced very long delays sometimes beyond a year. But those are rare. I hate to sing the same tune but patience is what is needed.

Just about everyone gets this after their interview.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of these steps:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

So using CEAC this is what you will see just after the interview:

When the Embassy is ready to issue a visa, it will change to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application"; at that time, you will know that you are a few days away from getting the visa. It will go from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" status and then your visa changes to "Ready" ==> "Administrative Processing" ==>> "Issued" status as well. These steps sometimes transpire over a day or even a few days. Some smaller Embassy's it happens within hours.

Sometimes, it might skip "Administrative Processing" and go from "Ready" to "Issued".

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
21 hours ago, Kkimpala said:

Canada is incredibly backed up right now; the March interview dates finally got released yesterday, which resulted in a lot of held up P4s finally getting sent out.  A lot of people booked for March 6th (February is full unless you get a cancellation).

We were in the New Year shipment to the consulate; P3 was ~18 days from there.  We were one of the lucky ones that got P4 on a fast turn-around (next day); people have been waiting 7+ days for that, too.  

There's just no love for America's hat right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.