Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi all.

Does anybody knows what it means  this outcome of my interview...?

This consul informed to me that he wasnt able to approve the K1 visa because the system was down.

He reviewed and took all the documents, told me they were correct.

He made few questions about my fiance, etc.

He took my passport, the documents and my finger prints and the oath.

While he was reviewing the documents he gave me the piece of paper informing about domestic violence.

I was looking  into his eyes without believing what he was saying. The system was down, I cant aprove the visa.

He also said I should have the visa with my passport in one or two weeks but I CANT TRUST HIM after reading nightmare stories here 😭

Thanks 

Cata

I would take it to mean you are approved. Maybe it will just add a few extra days before visa is issued. I’m not sure.

but I do get what you are feeling... I’m not really believing I’m approved until I see that visa in my passport in my hand. Hang in there and hope you get an update soon!

I sooo feel like I’m back in the NOA2 wait 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi all.

This consul informed to me that he wasnt able to approve the K1 visa because the system was down.

While he was reviewing the documents he gave me the piece of paper informing about domestic violence.

I was looking  into his eyes without believing what he was saying. The system was down, I cant aprove the visa.

He also said I should have the visa with my passport in one or two weeks but I CANT TRUST HIM after reading nightmare stories here 😭

Thanks 

Cata

Did you check the visa tracker? did you get the 221g form? I think the CO was being playful, if something had happened, iI believe, your passport would have been return to you. From my experienece I think there is nothing to worry about, at our interview I got the 221g form for a missing document, however the CO kept my passport, gave me the domestic violence leaflet I've got my visa back in two weeks. Compare to what I've read here the embassy in Colombia is pretty good.

®️

8 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi all. Does anybody knows what it means  this outcome of my interview...? This consul informed to me that he wasnt able to approve the K1 visa because the system was down. He reviewed and took all the documents, told me they were correct. He made few questions about my fiance, etc.  He took my passport, the documents and my finger prints and the oath.  While he was reviewing the documents he gave me the piece of paper informing about domestic violence. I was looking  into his eyes without believing what he was saying. The system was down, I cant aprove the visa.  He also said I should have the visa with my passport in one or two weeks but I CANT TRUST HIM after reading nightmare stories here 😭

Thanks 

Cata

If he took your passport and documents and explained that he would render a decision then in my experience that pretty much is a Yes "you are approved". Follow your status on ceac.state.gov. When you no longer can get any results using "immigrant" status but you can on "non-immigrant" then your case is moving to the approval and visa production stage.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

57 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Did you check the visa tracker? did you get the 221g form? I think the CO was being playful, if something had happened, iI believe, your passport would have been return to you. From my experienece I think there is nothing to worry about, at our interview I got the 221g form for a missing document, however the CO kept my passport, gave me the domestic violence leaflet I've got my visa back in two weeks. Compare to what I've read here the embassy in Colombia is pretty good.

Hi Valmabe

I didn't get the 221g form. I just got the domestic violence leaflet while he was reviewing the documents. I checked the CEAC system today and it is still in Ready status.

55 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If he took your passport and documents and explained that he would render a decision then in my experience that pretty much is a Yes "you are approved". Follow your status on ceac.state.gov. When you no longer can get any results using "immigrant" status but you can on "non-immigrant" then your case is moving to the approval and visa production stage.

Thanks a lot Greenbaum :)

6 hours ago, Snuffles said:

I would take it to mean you are approved. Maybe it will just add a few extra days before visa is issued. I’m not sure.

but I do get what you are feeling... I’m not really believing I’m approved until I see that visa in my passport in my hand. Hang in there and hope you get an update soon!

I sooo feel like I’m back in the NOA2 wait 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly!!! Another NOA 2 wait !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi Valmabe

I didn't get the 221g form. I just got the domestic violence leaflet while he was reviewing the documents. I checked the CEAC system today and it is still in Ready status.

Like I said before, I don't think there's nothing to worry about, I know is stressful but on the good side you're not asked for additional documents as we did, hopefully it will take less than two weeks, just a little bit more patience. 

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi Valmabe

Mine is still in ready... hope we get a change soon!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello!

I received my K1 yellow package in good condition (no tear) but the envelope got caught onto my bag zipper while I was packing so one of the sides now has about 5cm tear :( Read about other cases like mine but most of them have tears that are very small (2-3 cm). I was wondering whether will I get denied if I have such tear on my envelope? Shall I contact my embassy again to re-seal it? Appreciate if someone could help me out on this :) 

Ive attached a picture  below.

53140448_2209659235762334_4028806248521531392_n.jpg

K1 Visa

9 May 2018 - Received Date for NOA1

3 November 2018 - Notice Date for NOA2 (on I-797)

5 November 2018 - Notice Date for NOA2 (USCIS website)

16 November 2018 - Received I-797 physical letter from USCIS

26 November 2018 - NVC received petition

8 December 2018 - Case Number Received!

26 December 2018 - In Transit

3 Jan 2019 - Case received by US Embassy Singapore

8 Jan 2019 - Packet 3 received!

23 Jan 2019 - Received Interview date 

30 Jan 2019 - Interview date and passed!

31 Jan 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Ready" to "Application Received"

1 Feb 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Application Received" to "Administrative Processing"

4 Feb 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued"

5 Feb 2019 - Received e-mail/SMS to pick passport up

7 Feb 2019 - Visa and Package to be surrendered to US Immigration in hand

AOS

30 April 2019 - Package sent with FedEx 

1 May 2019 - Package received my USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

5 May  2019 - Fees deducted from Credit Card

6 May 2019 - NOA1 received from text!

27 June 2019 - RFIE received via text/email

1 July 2019 - Letter for RFIE received

2 July 2019 - Sent back RFIE

3 July 2019 - USCIS changed status to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence Was Received

11 Sept 2019 - Testing and Interview 

30 Sept 2019 - EAD Card Produced

2 Oct 2019 - EAD Card is being Mailed to Me

13 April 2020 - EAD Renewal NOA1

28 July 2020 - Case was approved for EAD

3 August 2020 - Received NOA2 (I-797) form stating that my EAD and AP approved

10 August 2020 - Card was mailed to me

11 August 2020 - Card was picked up by the USPS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, tiggermuffin said:

Hello!

I received my K1 yellow package in good condition (no tear) but the envelope got caught onto my bag zipper while I was packing so one of the sides now has about 5cm tear :( Read about other cases like mine but most of them have tears that are very small (2-3 cm). I was wondering whether will I get denied if I have such tear on my envelope? Shall I contact my embassy again to re-seal it? Appreciate if someone could help me out on this :) 

Ive attached a picture  below.

53140448_2209659235762334_4028806248521531392_n.jpg

I got mine slightly torned condition too today...from side..i jus covered that part up wit cello tape..so tht it can be secure n dnt get torned further

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Wanted to tell you guys that I arrived last night! My POE was Seattle and immigration officer was very nice, he just checked my papers, made couple of jokes and that was it. On Monday Rob and I plan to get our marriage licence and I know that I will only need my passport (at least that is what I have need told when I contacted Rob's local courthouse. Do you guys know what document will we need for that moment of marriage? Marriage licence and what else? I have my birth certificate with me, translated into English. Would I need anything else?     Please @Greenbaum

1 hour ago, PelagijaP said:

Wanted to tell you guys that I arrived last night! My POE was Seattle and immigration officer was very nice, he just checked my papers, made couple of jokes and that was it. On Monday Rob and I plan to get our marriage licence and I know that I will only need my passport (at least that is what I have need told when I contacted Rob's local courthouse. Do you guys know what document will we need for that moment of marriage? Marriage licence and what else? I have my birth certificate with me, translated into English. Would I need anything else?     Please @Greenbaum

Marriage ID Requirement Oregon:
  • Driver's License.
  • State issued ID card.
  • Military ID.
  • Passport.
  • Passport Card.
  • Permanent Resident Card.
  • Foreign Gov't issued Passport.

OR Marriage License Laws Requirements » Marriage License OR

Use google and the website for your county. I am sure all documents are there. This is what showed up for portland or.
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, tiggermuffin said:

Hello!

I've attached a picture  below.

That is a larger then normal tear. I have seen some who have gone through POE with an explanation. Others play it safe and return back to the Embassy to have it resealed. For you, it will depend on how far the Embassy is from you and how much time you have before you fly out to the USA. Small tears, like the one you referred to is not a big deal. Normally that one is there to help Immigration at the POE to have a place to quickly open the envelopes.

The best thing to do when you receive your envelope is to put it in a plastic bag and then pack it in your CARRY ON luggage and not let that bag out of your sight.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 3/2/2019 at 2:42 PM, Greenbaum said:
Marriage ID Requirement Oregon:
  • Driver's License.
  • State issued ID card.
  • Military ID.
  • Passport.
  • Passport Card.
  • Permanent Resident Card.
  • Foreign Gov't issued Passport.

OR Marriage License Laws Requirements » Marriage License OR

Use google and the website for your county. I am sure all documents are there. This is what showed up for portland or.

Thanks, going to take our marriage licence today. I called the number from the website and asked everything. 

What would you recommend: getting married first and they applying for a SSN or the other way around? We are in a hurry to get married because baby is coming in 5 weeks and Rob has to put me under his health insurance. HR at his workplace and Health insurance company both said we need to be married but I am worried that they will also want me to have SSN (when Rob asked if SSN is needed they didn't know..). 

This is all so complicated now, seems K1 was a piece of 🎂

On 3/1/2019 at 12:41 AM, Cata&Ben said:

Hi all.

Thanks 

Cata

My visa was ISSUED today, the CEAC website indicates!!!! OMG what a journey!!!!

Thanks a lof for the support and the information--- Thanks @Greenbaum😁

I appreciate it very much 

I am sending good vibes to our fellow travellers who are still waiting for the Visa to be Issued 

Hugs

Cata

Edited by Cata&Ben

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.