2,700 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Just pick one! :) It the notice/new site date will make it seems your NOA2 came a bit sooner.  In any case it is 5 days difference, when we are talking about waiting 150-210 days, ultimately nothing.

Here is Official VisaJourney Image (which doesn't match the way current NOA looks) but still

Yeah at this point 5 days really is nothing, I can't really feel excited about maybe getting my NOA2 a few days early—gotta see that thing to believe it 😂I mostly just want to make sure my info is as accurate as possible for everyone else looking to see when there's might get there 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Congrats!! Glad to hear approvals keep coming in. Was your approval date pretty close to what your timeline estimated?

My VJ timeline said that I will be approved between 25th January and 1st Feb and I got actually approved on the 2nd of January. That's almost one month ahead of estimated time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, josefien said:

NOA1: August 10th  (old site) / 15th (new site)

NOA2: January 8th 

Hey all! We got approved on the old site today (first saw it on the case tracker app). New site still shows received. Waiting on that piece of paper to get excited for real!

Congratulation on your approval. So happy for all of you who got their approval 😊. I'm getting anxious and excited to get our approval too. Wish us luck. Noa1 received date: August 22 and notice date: August 27.

13 hours ago, Selina A said:

Oh my god, Just got our silent approval yesterday in the mail,  I am so happy ❤️ 
Old website noa1: 10 August 
New website: 15 August 
( both websites didn't update yet ) 
Please what's next now ? 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.38.50 PM.png

Congrats!   Quick question for the group.  What does it mean that it's valid from 01/02/2019 to 05/01/2019?  What happens if our interview is AFTER 05/01/2019?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Spotify said:

Congrats!   Quick question for the group.  What does it mean that it's valid from 01/02/2019 to 05/01/2019?  What happens if our interview is AFTER 05/01/2019?

The valid period for all approved 129F is 4 months. Embassies can extend it though if there is a need, for example I know some embassies, like Moscow, are really busy, so it is difficult to get an interview slot. 

See here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#11

1 minute ago, Shiran said:

The valid period for all approved 129F is 4 months. Embassies can extend it though if there is a need, for example I know some embassies, like Moscow, are really busy, so it is difficult to get an interview slot. 

See here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#11

Thank you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Spotify said:

Itd hardly take two month and half. So dont worry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, CalaWaheb said:

so there is an app to check for updates ?

The app is called  “Case Tracker”. It basically lets you check your case status ... whether it was received, approved, etc. 

Some people see updates on it when they’re approved, some don’t . But its still beneficial, in my opinion, to have it ! 

Edited by Olichka

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, CalaWaheb said:

so there is an app to check for updates ?

3 hours ago, Olichka said:

The app is called  “Case Tracker”. It basically lets you check your case status ... whether it was received, approved, etc. 

Some people see updates on it when they’re approved, some don’t . But its still beneficial, in my opinion, to have it ! 

Just note that the Case Tracker app just displays the info from the old site so if you didn’t want to download an app you can search it on the site itself.  

Old site (no account needed): https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

New site (account needed):

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

I would create an account on the new site. My case status is still received on the old one but approved on the new and I have received my NOA2 letter. Be aware both sites may not even be updated so look out for mail!

K1 Visa (232 Days):

Spoiler

I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019 - Approved!

Visa Issued - 27th March 2019

Visa in hand - 29th March 2019

US Entry - 12th May 2019 - Dublin

Married- June 2019 💕

AOS:

Spoiler

I-485, I-765 & I-131 submitted - 24th July 2019

Cheque cashed - 1st August 2019

3 NOA’s received - 31st July 2019

Biometrics - 21st August 2019

Interview - 28th Feb 2020

Approved - 3rd Mar 2020

Card received - 11th Mar 2020

ROC:

Spoiler

I-751 submitted - 15th Feb 2022

Case received - 17th Feb 2022

Text received - 22nd Feb 2022

NOA received in mail - 2nd Mar 2022 (Dated 22nd Feb 2022)

Case updated to Fingerprints were taken - 28th Mar 2022 (No Biometrics done)

Case updated to New Card Being Produced - 7th April 2023

N-400:

Spoiler

Submitted online - 4th Mar 2023

NOA dated- 5th Mar 2023

Biometrics Scheduled - 11th Mar 2023

Biometrics - 27th Mar 2023

Interview - ?

Oath Ceremony - ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I need to vent for a minute, please excuse me.

I find it incredibly frustrating that USCIS very actively discourages you from calling them by professing how you can find all these things online and YET, 2 weeks later my case still haven't been updated on either site. I know I have paper approval, but I also might have mild case of CDO, which is like OCD, but letters are arranged alphabetically you see, and the fact that neither site shows it as approved kinda messes me up. Yes, logically I know this is silly, but I can't help but to keep checking, 2 factors and all, and to feel anxious for this ridiculous reason which should not even be a thing. In the mean time I am still waiting to hear something from NVC, and trying to be a good little citizen and not start calling them to soon. 

Ok whew, I feel a bit better, sorry y'all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

I need to vent for a minute, please excuse me.

I find it incredibly frustrating that USCIS very actively discourages you from calling them by professing how you can find all these things online and YET, 2 weeks later my case still haven't been updated on either site. I know I have paper approval, but I also might have mild case of CDO, which is like OCD, but letters are arranged alphabetically you see, and the fact that neither site shows it as approved kinda messes me up. Yes, logically I know this is silly, but I can't help but to keep checking, 2 factors and all, and to feel anxious for this ridiculous reason which should not even be a thing. In the mean time I am still waiting to hear something from NVC, and trying to be a good little citizen and not start calling them to soon. 

Ok whew, I feel a bit better, sorry y'all. 

It is very frustrating how inconsistent they are at updating the sites or even sending notifications. Haven’t received one text or email about status except for one at the NOA1 stage. 

I did call the NVC yesterday just out of curiousity but my case hadn’t been received yet. Still way too early but I couldn’t help myself. Leaving it another week to call so it’ll be 3 weeks since the NOA2 and they might have received it. 

K1 Visa (232 Days):

Spoiler

I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019 - Approved!

Visa Issued - 27th March 2019

Visa in hand - 29th March 2019

US Entry - 12th May 2019 - Dublin

Married- June 2019 💕

AOS:

Spoiler

I-485, I-765 & I-131 submitted - 24th July 2019

Cheque cashed - 1st August 2019

3 NOA’s received - 31st July 2019

Biometrics - 21st August 2019

Interview - 28th Feb 2020

Approved - 3rd Mar 2020

Card received - 11th Mar 2020

ROC:

Spoiler

I-751 submitted - 15th Feb 2022

Case received - 17th Feb 2022

Text received - 22nd Feb 2022

NOA received in mail - 2nd Mar 2022 (Dated 22nd Feb 2022)

Case updated to Fingerprints were taken - 28th Mar 2022 (No Biometrics done)

Case updated to New Card Being Produced - 7th April 2023

N-400:

Spoiler

Submitted online - 4th Mar 2023

NOA dated- 5th Mar 2023

Biometrics Scheduled - 11th Mar 2023

Biometrics - 27th Mar 2023

Interview - ?

Oath Ceremony - ?

so it is 6:30a...i literally just got a text from uscis...my heart started pounding...so i go to check my case...and boom...an RFE!!! 😲...i just knew going through rapid visa that everything would be just right...and i was expecting a straight approval...i don't know what it is asking for i have to wait to receive letter...but i want to know what is normal waiting time once RFE is received to uscis??? 😢😢😢...thx in advance...i feel so sad...but then again action has been taken so atleast that has happened...i guess.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Kojo & Jamiah said:

so it is 6:30a...i literally just got a text from uscis...my heart started pounding...so i go to check my case...and boom...an RFE!!! 😲...i just knew going through rapid visa that everything would be just right...and i was expecting a straight approval...i don't know what it is asking for i have to wait to receive letter...but i want to know what is normal waiting time once RFE is received to uscis??? 😢😢😢...thx in advance...i feel so sad...but then again action has been taken so atleast that has happened...i guess.

Sorry to hear about the RFE but like you said, at least an action was taken and you just have to wait to get the letter to see what additional information they require and I can imagine it's even more frustrating that you've used Rapid Visa and still got a RFE.  It's interesting that you received a text at 6:30am

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.