39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

😵😱I'm confused!!!!So I'm trying to find out how to get my fiances family to the US for our Wedding Next Year. I don't know how this work as far as having a big family from another country apply for a visa all at once. I have a lot of elderly people that can't travel for 15 hours or more to his country! I really want to help all of his family (that will attend) get their visas on time for the wedding. 

1>) My question is does it matter if they do their tourist visas online or at the embassy if its a large group of people?

2>) Is there an option to allow them (his family) to do a group visa to pay one big fee depending on how many people will be attending! <<Is there a such thing as a group visa?<< 🤣

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, az2014 said:

1. They all apply online and all go to the embassy for an interview. Its 'and' not 'or'.

2. No they apply individually.

Well I said or because I meant to put the>> application! I should have wrote it correctly.  What I meant to ask was does it matter if they do the application online OR should they go to the embassy to do the application since it's a large group of people. I know they have to go to the embassy for their interview but I was confused about the application part. 

Thanks for responding now I know the answer!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, geowrian said:
  1. All tourist visas would be applied for via separate DS-160s. They may be able to schedule the interview as a group, but they will be evaluated individually (i.e, some may get a visa and not others). I'm not aware of there being a difference in ability to get a visa based on being in a group or applying individually.
  2. There is no group visa. But some embassies let you pay for multiple visa fees at once...this is something more specific to the embassy/consulate, so I'll defer to others here.
  3. There's not really anything you can do to help but guide them through the process...you and your fiance won't have an impact on whether they actually get the visas or not. Hope for the best, but don't take it personally if any are refused...it has nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do.

Ok Great! Thank You so much! I love this answer!

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, Chea said:

Well I said or because I meant to put the>> application! I should have wrote it correctly.  What I meant to ask was does it matter if they do the application online OR should they go to the embassy to do the application since it's a large group of people. I know they have to go to the embassy for their interview but I was confused about the application part. 

Thanks for responding now I know the answer!

They must apply online.  There is no option to apply at the embassy.  

It sounds like you are assuming that they will get the visa.  The truth is that more people get rejected than approved for tourist visas in some countries, sometimes by a wide margin.  It's also possible that some people will be given visas and some won't.  It's possible they will all be denied.  It depends on their ties to their home country.  If immigration officer doesn't feel like they will come back, they will get denied.  Each person is judged on an individual basis.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eric-Pris said:

It sounds like you are assuming that they will get the visa.  The truth is that more people get rejected than approved for tourist visas in some countries, sometimes by a wide margin.  It's also possible that some people will be given visas and some won't.  It's possible they will all be denied.  It depends on their ties to their home country.  If immigration officer doesn't feel like they will come back, they will get denied.  Each person is judged on an individual basis.

No not assuming they will get it just trying to make it as easy for them as possible. Thanks for your response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They have to fill the DS-160 application online individually and after that can pay the fee as a group. From your side to make there case strong need evidence like your US passport scan copy of the first page along with your bank statement and tax returns and mortgage or lease doc and invitation letter and wedding card. And from there side to show close ties to there country provide the bank statement, Property doc and if students then provide Educational doc along with university or school evidence letter etc. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Muhammadarman said:

They have to fill the DS-160 application online individually and after that can pay the fee as a group. From your side to make there case strong need evidence like your US passport scan copy of the first page along with your bank statement and tax returns and mortgage or lease doc and invitation letter and wedding card. And from there side to show close ties to there country provide the bank statement, Property doc and if students then provide Educational doc along with university or school evidence letter etc. 

Wow!! Thank you so much! This was very helpful!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Agree with Roel and this from personal experience.  My wife's brother and sister-in-law both applied for tourist visas to come here.  Yes, we supplied an invitation letter(which I tried to tell my wife wouldn't be worth anything), but she insisted.  Now, they have 2 apartments, both work with decent jobs in their country, 2 kids(who wouldn't be traveling with them), a car, a garage, bank accounts.  They didn't even look at the so-called "invitation letter", nor their binder of information they brought to try and prove they will return.  The lady came to the desk with the denial letter already in hand!  The embassy denied their visas.  Why?  AHHHHH...the $10K question with absolutely no logical answer.  Standard denial letter that they didn't prove they would return.  Frustrating..enfuriating, but life when dealing with tourist visas.  Chance of any 1 person getting a visa:  50/50 AT BEST!  Sorry, but reality.  I wish you luck, but nothing you supply will sway what the embassy does.  I know this might sound harsh, but again, reality when dealing with a US embassy!

I guess it’s time to trot out the same paragraph we always seem to need to show in these threads, lol

this is the official US Dept of State Page on visit visas-

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.